IFV* wishlist!

Jaguar offers a 40mm auto cannon with frag with double the affect area as other OTAN 40mm frags to deal with infantry, HEVT for close air defence, APDS for light to medium armor penetration (170-194mm of penetration), a fire rate of 200 rounds a minute, and the AKERON for self defence against heavy armor. The AKERON is not it’s main mean of fighting. That’s the definition of an IFV by my book.
VBL mk3 is not an IFV. It’s at best a reconnaissance vehicle that happens to be able to deal with tanks it they meet one, and with infantry if they meet some as well.
Mephisto, and other 4 wheeled drive vehicles with HOT or Milan are also reconnaissance/anti armor vehicles, not IFVs. I don’t think anyone said they were IFVs. the AMX10 would at best be an APC, fullfilling the role of a light IFV in game
You are simply creating movies in your head thinking the world is against you. That nxdefiant was not part of our previous discussion at all. Stop being offended by just seeing some genuine funny French rat vehicles that are absolutely not part of our previous discussion lol

1 Like

Knowing gaijin the Jaguar will be botched and end up having 113 pen apds and the atgm’s will fail to hit a target in an open field.

Next time they gonna say that this

is totally not looking similar to this

2 Likes

Have you considered that it is literally the same vehicle?

1 Like

5 Likes

The ATM turret can mount 30mm cannon module on either side of the turret. So this is an IFV. And with both you can even turn it into a gun spaa if you really need to.

Though if i wanted to talk about a SPAA i would get pics of the VAB TA23 (but this is not the thread) (yes i am once again plugging in my own suggestions in)

2 Likes

It does not carry infantry nor is it meant to support them on the front, thus it is not an IFV.

2 Likes

Why does this Cactus vehicle have a red Chinese star

Ahhh. The info I found says it’s on a T72 chassis.

IFV does not mean it will carry infantry. That’s a big misconception. IFV = Infantry Fighting Vehicle. It’s a vehicle that Weill help infantry fight. A vehicle can be an IFV without carrying them. It’s true that most older designs of IFVs were also APCs (armored personnel carrier), such as the BMP derivatives, Bradley… But any armoured vehicle with a gun meant to deal with infantry could be considered an IFV. However not all APCs can be IFVs, as many don’t carry significant fire power

1 Like

You can see the form factor is completely different here

That is untrue.

IFVs support their own dismounted infantry.

1 Like

What about the “Pizarro” ifv for Spain ?

1 Like

US Army defines IFVs as a vehicle protected against small arms and splinters, armed with an AGL or autocannon of medium caliber and have decent off-road characteristics; as well as being part light tank and part APC.

And to be on-topic, I’d like to see this American rolling cheese wedge. Cadillac-Gage Commando Scout. Not technically an IFV, but for the purposes of this thread armored recon vehicles are fine.

Comes with either a 20mm autocannon, various HMGs and LMGs or a 106mm M40 Recoilless rifle. Above is the 20mm autocannon variant.

4 Likes

XM723 MICV, the pre-Bradley:

Spoiler

4 Likes

Looks like the evolution between M113 and Bradley ^^

1 Like

That’s exactly what it is. And the previous step in that evolution was the XM701.

Spoiler

s-l1600
XM701_PROTOTYPE-1_01

The XM800T that just got devblogged was a bit of a side trip in this development cycle.

2 Likes

EIFV

1 Like

In the spirit of a possible inclusion of Belgium into France I’ll suggest the following vehicles:
Please go to the suggestion pages and read them. Descriptions are not mine!

A line of three different BG EST Belgian Piranha IIIC types close to the Line of Departure for a final push against BG LAT forces on KEVADTORM 19 in Estonia [©Bob Morrison]

Belgian Piranha IIIC Variants

Belgian Mowag Piranha III fitted with a 30mm Bushmaster turret with Spike missile launchers.

Mowag Piranha IIIC DF90: Belgium’s Warrior on Wheels

Description: Belgian Mowag Piranha III fitted with a LCTS 90MP turret.

Pictures of Field training

Mowag Piranha IIIC DF30: Belgium’s Mobile Fire Support

Description: Belgian Mowag Piranha III fitted with a 30mm Bushmaster turret.

Piranha IIIC JCD & Thales 3030 turret

Description: Belgian Mowag Piranha III fitted with a Cockerill & Thales 3030 turret + Rocket pod. The rocket pod has acces to confentional rockets, and guided rockets for more precise attacks.
This turret has a 70 mm rocket system. (from BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg) Ground Forces Techtree)

Versatile 70 mm unguided rocket system (change of rocket type without change of any fixed part).
Source: Thales Belgium: Thales Belgium (BL VTS) – Rockets 70mm (2.75”) : John Cockerill tactical vehicle equipped with 7-tube rocket launcher LAU32 on Cockerill 3030 turret

Cheers! And please read the original posts!

2 Likes