Idea and Discussion: Thailand As A Minor Nation

The current South Korean president bizarrely insists on love with Japan, as his approval rating shows, but he never said “with the “help” of the United States, we’ve solved the problems with Japan during World War II”.

Do you trust the Chinese state media?

1 Like

During World War II, Thailand allied itself with Japan, and it cannot be denied that this is a very strong connection.

In my opinion, the things to discuss in this topic are:

1. Should it be in the form of a sub-tree or a form in which vehicles are added individually?
    1. The justification for giving Thailand to Japan is an alliance during World War II. By the way, how should Thailand treat its vehicles after World War II? During the Cold War, the United States, not Japan, exerts a dominant influence in Thailand. And now, the post-Cold War world, we’re trying to achieve a regional balance between the two axes, the US and China. (The purchase of the VT-4 from China, and the rejection of the offer to purchase the F-35 from the United States shows this well.) Incorporating all vehicles in Thailand, which are balancing and not focused on a specific country, into a specific country TT can be problematic. The VT-4 will be a problem if incorporated into an American or Japanese TT, and many Western-made vehicles will be a problem if incorporated into a Chinese TT. I would be offended if I were in either position.
1 Like

I’m pretty sure we are past that point already.
There are a lot of western tanks in the ground tree and half the entire air tree is made up of western aircraft, not to mention chinese players are already begging for a Mirage 2000 and Taiwanese Abrams.

As I stated before regarding this aspect, and worry.

And for justification for Post-WW2 Tech tree, I am more focusing on the cold war aspect, how Thai became one of US Strategic Allies like that of Japan, making it quite sharing a similar alliance with Japan, and United States.

Seal of Royal Thai Army Expeditionary Division (Black Panther) as a part of Thailand’s Involvement in Vietnam War

Black Panther Division colors come off USS Okanogan, Newport, 29 July 1968

Taiwan-Republic of China- should be treated differently. Like West/East Germany, South/North Korea, they share the same identity, only divided for political reasons. Reasonable.

I would be against it if the Chinese TT was to get Pakistani Mirage and not Taiwan.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I made my point at the beginning of this discussion.

What you said has no basis at all. Taiwan and China are one country, and they are only divided due to civil war. And Thailand and Japan are two countries and only had partial connections during World War II.

1 Like

Then, it seems that the part where the opinions of the two sides diverge is post-Cold War Thailand. More directly, VT-4.

We need to discuss this. Talking about other trivial things is a little waste.

1 Like

If that’s your opinion then I don’t get why you think it would be a problem to see Western made vehicles in the tree when the Chinese tree is already full of them and seemingly you don’t even have a problem with it.
So is it a problem or not? Whether the vehicle is from Taiwan or another nation doesn’t matter, it’s a western vehicle either way.

I don’t get why you guys can’t comprehend the fact that a subtree does not mean they gonna get EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE, a Thai subtree wouldn’t mean VT-4 and Gripen for Japan, no reasonable person would say otherwise

No, DO NOT DISTORT what others have said.

I’ve NEVER said that the subtree system itself isn’t problematic.

Just as West Germany and East Germany did, the People’s Republic of China and the Republic of China should be treated the same. The same country was only divided for political reasons.

Don’t you understand why I explained by mentioning Pakistan?

1 Like

At the end of the day, all I want is to have fun and, maybe, seeing my nation being represented or mentioned in the game I love so much, preferably under one tech tree.

I have joined War Thunder since 2013, and one of the most memorable moments is when I saw the old Royal Thai Airforce roundel in the customizable section. When War Thunder was more focused on the 2nd World War, me and many of my friends and Thai players were quite excited and speculating of the addition of Thailand/Siam, mostly mentioning how close we were to Japan and how we played quite a role in the continental South East Asian conflicts. In fact, on the Gaijin market, you can even see the Ki-43-III otsu of the Royal Thai Air Force skin being sold there, quite a mile stone for some of us Thai players.

Why can’t we be there, under one tech tree? Was that so much to ask for? Was it because we are just a small nation that doesn’t deserve to have its own line under one tech tree? If finland can be a sub tree under Sweden because of its closeness, can’t Thailand be there under Japan because of how we conducted ourselves during the second World War?

2 Likes

Yes, during the Cold War, Thailand imported various 59 and 69 upgrades from China, as well as other light tanks and support vehicles. After the Cold War, there were MBT2000, VT4/VT5, VN series, and so on, which would occupy most of the 8.0-11.3BR positions. If not given, Thailand would lose most of the vehicles from the Cold War to modern times. If given, Giajin would be condemned by the Chinese, So the best way is to use Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries as the Southeast Asia science and technology tree, or send Thai vehicles to the countries that produce them.

Why not strive to become a separate technology tree with other Southeast Asian countries instead of being a subsidiary of other countries?

It’s a welcome addition to any new nation that’s new to the game. Of course, Thailand, too. However, from my point of view, the Chinese seem to object to the addition of post-WWII Chinese vehicles to Japanese TTs because of their World War II ties. I’m not against Thailand being added to the game per se.

Therefore, we think that discussing Chinese-made equipment after World War II will lead to a faster discussion. Red herring is not required.

Finland wasn’t added to Sweden simply because it’s “(geographical) closeness,” but I won’t mention it because it’s off topic.

We need to discuss with him about how the VT-4 and other Chinese vehicles should be treated. Talking to the point will allow us to come to a conclusion more quickly.

Guys, instead of getting angry with each other or talking about politics, how about presenting your own arguments and basis only on this point?

Guys, instead of getting angry with each other or talking about politics, how about presenting your own arguments and basis only on this point?

Simply just do not add those vehicles to the subtree, this has been said numerous times already.

1 Like

@阿依土鳖的罗初
Well, what do you think?

You suggested Southeast Asia TT. (Of course, if Southeast Asia TT is implemented, it will have to have all Chinese vehicles.)

If Thailand belongs to Japan TT, is it acceptable if Chinese vehicles are excluded?

The main reason why I don’t want Thailand to join the Science and technology in Japan Tree is not only the problem of Chinese vehicles, but also the serious problem of the lack of modern vehicles after Thailand joined Japan. On the contrary, I have no objection to the inclusion of Chinese vehicles in the separate South East Asia science and technology tree,Because they are customers of China’s military industry.

Great stuff, 2x7.62mm MGs feels a bit light, especially with the listed ordnance loads, so much like with the Fuji T-1, I suspect balance might be quite difficult with this one.