Historical matchmaker for everyone

Could we see a historical match maker. Planes from the 90’s fighting planes from the 90’s and so on…

8 Likes

Will be fun, but total unbalance

12 Likes

Not in this game sadly.

then A LOT of countries just wouldn’t be played because of the imbalance.
Or some countries wouldn’t be able to get past some of the BR’s because of such a difference in tech.

25 Likes

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Didn’t expect to get to a point after a year in the forum where it felt like it was only going backwards and not a step forwards …

7 Likes

Asking for balancing by years is fine. Maybe person just want realism?

3 Likes

Why do you people ask for this? M4 (75) vs Tiger I, Me 262 vs P-51D-20 etc, This will LITERALLY ruin the balance of the game even worse than it already has been.

13 Likes

That will bring even more in jets of 70s

MiG-23M without flares, only R-60(non M) and R-23 against F-14

5 Likes

F-4E against MiG-17 lmao

3 Likes

Basicly yes, but not blocks like in game, earlier, without agile eagle and ALR-46.

An idea that can only be absurd in War Thunder.

7 Likes

Or, y’know, the other game

Which has M-41D upgrade from 1990s and AMX-13-105 from 80s fighting against Maus and E-100 from the 1940s

7th of August 2024 at 2pm

The one which is as laughable as this one for the same reason.
Only stupid if it’s WoT not WT right?

It’s not stupid for either. Both are games, neither are full sim. You want an unbalanced, “historical” mess? Play another game.

I mean war thunder is a game. If you wat to do something historical find friends which want to do that with you (or make it by your own) But this in a game no. That will ruin war thunder because ppl going to play only one vehicel and will never get into a match.

2 Likes

You seem to be an advocate for bad elements in popular games.Are you going to lecture me about how Fallout 4 crashing all the time is a good thing as well ?

Have you never played a good balanced historical game? What are you a child ? What low vantage point do you try to attack me from here?

1 Like

It is a game that could be better.One of the ways it could be better would be to have historical match making instead of pure fantasy.War Thunder just chooses to group it’s vehicles another way.It chose not to do historical matchmaking which is a shame.Should have, could have maybe but didn’t ,now it is too late.

1 Like

“Balanced” is a heavy word, because most “balanced” historical games flub vehicle statistics and behavior hard.
Complaining about the way the game’s been since release in that respect will get you absolutely nowhere, and it’s tiring to see constantly.

2 Likes

Because it will be more like M4A (76) vs Pz IVH/J/Stug IIIG, P-51D vs Bf 109G-10/K-4/Fw 190D-9 with only a sprinkling of Tiger I & Me 262

Great. Now you have to wait 5 hours to queue. How do you actually think this is gonna be balanced at all?