War Thunder is Going to die in 2-4 Years

If I had a dollar for everytime I’ve seen a thread like this.

2 Likes

If I had a dollar for every goodbye I’m leaving post from a long term veteran followed by a post asking where all the good players went I might have about 12 Dollars.

2 Likes

In my war thunder world you are more than welcome Alvis.

So basically you wrote this whole thing up saying the state of the game is bad and never went in depth about what is causing the state of the game to be bad other than BRs and there being premiums ?

I know this might be a shock for you but in my squadron we’re all very experienced players and guess what

We’re all playing top tier, we’ve been doing so for years and we’re not going anywhere.
It’s not just new players playing top tier, it’s vets too

If YOU want to play props or whatever it is that fits you, then play that only, nobody is forcing you to go up in BR or rank. Yes it’s the natural progression of the game, but you’re not forced to play higher. There’s plenty of people who play nothing but WW2.

What reality ?

4 Likes

Imagine playing top tier when cozy ww2/Cold War BRs exist lmao

5 Likes

Please predict when I will die

you ammo rack is going to explode in 1 h.

1 Like

I said the same thing back in 2017, people before me said the same thing, and people after me continue to say the same thing. it isn’t gonna die. Nor has it had any true growth.

Go play unrealistic arcade games if you don’t want body pillows.
FxKN6MJWwAUIzl9

3 Likes

Let’s then remove decals, marketplace userskins, and golden eagles. Let’s also start removing a bunch of tanks from the game entirely. Hell while we are at it let’s also ban everyone’s account. Facepalm

No ,I will keep playing war thunder since there are no other contemporaries and I will hunt them body pillows down.

Lol, irrelevant.

1 Like

Yeah… well, me and many others have been seeing… “Game is dying!” even from way back in 2013…

Some of my many screenshots from 2013, Pony event was one of my favorites! it was just good fun…

And the US Air Tech Tree at the time… I mean, damn…

I do remember early 2013, around version 1.27, numbers were something like around 8K during peek times and 4K off times… so, even during 2013 numbers were picking up, some screenshots show 22k during peek times for 2013

So… yeah… just to think how far War Thunder has come, its quite amazing!

7 Likes

WT will eventually plateau, but not die for a while. There is still a fair bit of content left to add, until Gaijin has to pivot away from a top tier focus.

I believe that the focus on only top tier does harm the quality of the gameplay, and the quality of the game, because not many people care about anything else. In this forum, there’s a ton of threads about top
tier, but few about any other area.

WT won’t die soon, but it’ll plateau eventually.

2 Likes

On every major update,
nearly every “new” weaponry or vehicle is focused on top rank and
nothing more than copy-pasted vehicles usually come up for lower rank. right…?

I wonder which nation will get a copy-pasted version of LCS(L)(3) next…

1 Like

I don’t see this game dying.

I’d say these screenshots bring me back, but I wasn’t playing before 2017 lmao

2 Likes

Using easily disprovable hyperbole doesn’t make a basis for good arguments.

Okay, I understand I blundered with a bad argument with hyperbole. My bad.
But Still, In the recent update, There was only one unique plane in ww2 era (Fokker G.1A which has a ‘Cockpit placeholder’).
If we include naval vehicles, we can consider VLT-2, Bernau and Guichen as new unique vehicles though.

I still think Gaijin is concerned with the top ranks because the majority of the player base wants to see more modern advanced vehicles.

of course, it is one of the ways that keep the game alive longer and I should understand their choice though.

naval event rewards nowadays are just boring copied ships (with changes on anti-air weapons sometimes). and It might be the one of reasons I blundered awfully.

Well, Every online game dies eventually, of course, I also want War Thunder to live long.
Sorry if you feel disrupted by my illogical post. I apologize.

1 Like

There is definitely a focus on modern stuff, and as someone who’s only here for WWII-and-earlier I’d of course love to see more from that era. But we do still tend to get at least a few with each patch, and I’d rather be happy about what we do get. I’m definitely looking forward to France Coastal. :)

I’m entirely happy with event rewards being sister ships and such. Time-locked content is awful in any game, but since we’re stuck having it, “copy-pastes” are the least-bad option. I’d much rather see unique ships in the tech tree or as permanent premiums.

1 Like

I really hope that when it does fizzle out they keep some things running like Aces of Thunder will be doing. I love air rb and no game really comes close to the feeling this one gives and I would hate to see it go.

1 Like