Helicopters = worst addition to war thunder

returned to war thunder after 4 days, played some games in the leopard 2a6.
end result, 4 deaths, 4 times by a helicopter. how is this supposed to be fun?
why wouldnt i just quit again with this game. there is literally nothing you can do to a helicopter in a leopard, your just a free kill. terrible game design.
but apparently thats what players want. free kills because lack of skill, despite playing 1000s of hours of war thunder…

19 Likes

Womp

Womp

7 Likes

If I recall the A6 has 2 mg3s. Try using those.

1 Like

if i recall top tier helis have weapon range of multiple kilometers

6 Likes

Last helicopter I died to was a G Lynx or a Rooivalk.
They’re fine.

In that case you were not a free kill, because the helicopter player had to earn SP and then die in another vehicle before spawning in with ATGMs.

2 Likes

rush to a cap with m22, spawn in heli with atgms.

9 Likes

I admit, this shouldn’t be a thing. At least it doesn’t work reliably in every match.

Yeah, tanks are not good at killing air targets.

1 Like

Players begged Gaijin for helicopters.

just spawn SPAA dude

hurr durr (making fun of idiots that say this, not you. Helis and CAS are both ridiculous over powered, and cost WAY too little SP)

2 Likes

Tanks come with a long range gun.

I love playing in helicopters. Don’t knock em till you’ve tried them.

3 Likes

Always funny when people bring up stats in a game which is by no means serious or competitive in any respect.

7 Likes

It is especially funny, when all the stats that are tangible are win rate and K/D, which both tell very little about how valuable an individual player is for his team.

2 Likes

About 20% of the deaths are from helis and other air units, the rest is impatience on my behalf.

But nice job on the statshaming. It just puts more emphasis on your lack of proper arguments. ;)

Edit: ah, you looked at the 2A4 and the 2K! I actually didn’t even die to air units with them all that much. Perhaps 5% of my deaths. Also I only played them to unlpck what comes next in the tree. I never even took the time to get used to them.
Also nice stats on the Su-25 with a barely neutral k/d against ground units in a dedicated CAS aircraft.

2 Likes

No idea why you’re making a big deal of stats when yours are hardly anything to write home about.

You also said “not surprised your bad” to me playing helicopters, but your seventh most played vehicle is the ka-50, and your stats in that are worse than mine.

2 Likes

its actually my 13th most played vehicle and i have a 80% win rate in it so i know its braindead OP

Thanks for confirming what I said. ;)

2 Likes

Who wouldve guessed that adding vehicles like attack helicopters and jets with overpowered ground attack ammunition would ruin the game.

We totally dont use air assaults to completely destroy entire armies or anything.

Helicopters are so much worse than jets because at least the jets gonna end up over the battlefield at some point. Helos just sit 6km out way past gun spaa range and wipe an entire team.

Ive seen a few players now who have negative k/ds in all their tanks but high ground kill counts in their CAS. Despicable people.

3 Likes