Helicopters = worst addition to war thunder

No it isn’t.

Yet you have a sub-1.5 KD in it. The 80% win rate is just you getting carried by strong 11.0 USSR teams.

5 Likes

The fact 7.7s can get shit on by a Walleye dropped from several kilometers out is sickening.
Also, placing a heli with thermals and Hellfires just 0.3 BR above IR-based SPAA that struggle with starter ATGM helis is also a questionable decision to say the least.

1 Like

There are rumors that the turning rate of MG are the real issue and not the helis …

1 Like

I’d be happy if they just got rid of the class, or at least confine them to a heli only mode.

Yes lmao, pls nerf MG traverse speed, no way a commander can flick it that fast lol

2 Likes

i dont think helicopters are a bad addition… i think (rather KNOW) that The problem is the Ridiculous long range missles/armaments they get where they can be basically off map/in their spawn, etc and shooting missles/rockets, etc, and getting kills…

They should NOT be able to do that. They need to have the range nerfed, accuracy nerfed and damage nerfed (or something to the effect where they dont have those armaments or capabilities.)

ok as long as tanks get nerf darts for rounds, paint balls for bullets, and confetti for smoke!

Helicopters in general are fine imo.

Vikhrs are a contender for the worst addition to the game though.

2 Likes

what ? no, that is bull shit

what i said still stands… The issue is the range and effectiveness of the long range helicopter armaments.

what you are saying is just… stupid crap.

It is basically the same, you demand for aircraft in the CAS threads, where you keep calling for armament nerfs and increased fragility.

The amount of times I’ve been sniped hovering lobbying missles to tanks is shocking. And, some tanks have anti air rounds.

But, this is just another whine Cas thread. Move along

I love the addition of helicopters, my favorite type of combat vehicle.

Okay, give gaijin some sources for those weapon systems having less range and less explosive filler.

1 Like

I think it could be simple as reworking all the high tier maps/terrain to give more shelters to tanks.

Also fog sometimes, it was probably added to nerf CAS and heli, isnt it?

More like added to ruin my eyes.

1 Like

“Hovering”. There’s your problem. If you hover, any tank with a LRF can and will hit you. Probably won’t kill, knowing helicopter damage models, but still.

However, if you simply keep moving and at medium range, nothing short of proxy will be able to hit you. Even something as lumbering as an Mi-4 can dodge anything up to and including Gepard shots if played correctly.

2 Likes

What helicopters killed you?

Someone once told me I suck because I had a below 1 K/D with the AV-8A. He ignored the few thousand ground targets destroyed infavor of the Air targets around half my death vaue.

1 Like

Every aspect of helicopters sucks, their implementation, their balance, their damage model, their game mode, their vehicle grind, their module grind.

Look at this nightmare, like 3.5 million RP without an acceptable way to grind it, and then millions more of RP grind without an acceptable way to grind it, but lets create the worst layout possible and add more pointless helis to the grind.

4 Likes

All you OP CAS club spaming the same crap every thread, even when you get proven wrong you still continue to support an unbalanced game. There can only be 1 employee of the month