Heavy tanks please

italy needs a heavy tank like Tiger I or P88,the last one already have in the world of tanks game

1 Like

Italian dont received Tiger I and the P88’s project has been stopped at blueprint stage…

Blueprint stage or fantasy projects are suffiscent for WG but not for GJ.

3 Likes

so why japan have a premium tiger I?

2 Likes

It’s a bit far-fetched, but basically the Japanese bought a Tiger in 1943 and in 1944, just as it was due to be shipped to Japan (by uboot) the Allies landed in Normandy and Japan “leased” it to the Germans (or the machine was “requisitioned”) and it was destroyed … somewhere in France.

So, “technically” and “legally”, the Japanese owned a Tiger I.

The Italians had NO Tiger I, they were all part of German units.

2 Likes

The solution to Italy’s heavy tank problem is simple:

1. Add the Hungarian 44M Tas heavy tank, my suggestion for it is here if you want to support it: https://forum.warthunder.com/t/the-best-ww2-tank-ever-made-by-a-minor-nation-hungarys-44m-tas/22926

2. Add a Hungarian Tiger I, Hungary actually operated 13-15 of these tanks during WW2, unlike Italy or Japan.

6 Likes

Time to change this then.

yeah,now that they are releasing the Hungary sub-tree this will be a great addition

1 Like

It was already passed onto the developers:

It is stated in this thread:
“German sources states that the Italian crews started training already in Sicily together with the 504th Abteilung, this part was a very basic training done on a Tiger tank while being static, after that the Italian Crews were sent to Germany to proceed with training.
We know that the Italian Crews were still doing basic training at the 15th of May when they left for Paderborn (Sennlager) with the aim of finishing their training.
Not much is known about what would have been the destination of the Italian crews when they would have received the Tiger tanks, but many of the protagonists of the story tell that they would have been attached to the Centauro division that had already received other German vehicles (Pz. III, Pz. IV and Stug III).”

To me it is a better claim than Japan buying one and never receiving it.

2 Likes

I think both Japan and Italy’s claims to the Tiger I are poor (honestly I don’t know why the HT no.6 is even in the game because it’s literally fake and Gaijin are very pedantic about historical accuracy). Hungary actually used 13-15 Tiger Is, with some of their most famous tank aces operating them. They were used in combat quite a lot, and this is much better than a country buying and never receiving a tank, or another country training a crew for the tank. Considering Hungary is now Italy’s subtree it would make the most sense to add a Hungarian Tiger to the subtree, that way Italy players can use a Tiger.

1 Like

so if you look up if Japan had a tiger one was bought alongside a panther(no clue what model) and 3 Pz III’s but only the Pz III’s were delivered, supposedly it was destroyed at port by the Allies before it could be loaded on a transport, for the panther i have no clue where that ended up

“Technically” and “Legally” New Zealand owned F-16s, give them to GB?

the guy trying to give weird justification of why japan has tiger will learn that he is joking soon, meanwhile the same amount of reasoning for why italy should or should not have the tiger applies to japan, a purchase receipt for japan is as good as italian tankers training on the tiger for 95% of people.
in reality japan should not have the tiger.

shift your focus on why japan has the tanks they have and not why italy isn’t having whatever japan is having. japan is an anomaly in this game.
example 1 : japan evaluated 1 M47 and returned it to usa, it’s in the game for japan. italy once had over 2000 m47s in service, italy doesn’t have access to 90mm m47 in game.
example 2 : no nation has access to their fantasy tanks, while japan is having ho-ri prototype and production.
example 3 : the tiger tank itself.
example 4 : no other minor nation (except isramagachistan) has access to 5 variants of the same vehicle. (stb-1, type 74 c,e,f,g)

japan is weird, don’t compare it to anything, maybe just to israel.
Edit: also now with hungary, we might get the hungarian tiger, let’s hope.

3 Likes

It all comes down to the fact that japan used very little amount of vehicle types after ww2 and with tanks, even during the war. To make proper lineups devs have to squeeze out every bit of prototype and variant they can.
Same situation have for example swedish helis, with majority of them not being produced in larger number and 2 of them used only for testing and returned to the owner.

Sep 8

The solution to Italy’s heavy tank problem is simple:

“1. Add the Hungarian 44M Tas heavy tank, my suggestion for it is here if you want to support it: https://forum.warthunder.com/t/the-best-ww2-tank-ever-made-by-a-minor-nation-hungarys-44m-tas/22926
2. Add a Hungarian Tiger I, Hungary actually operated 13-15 of these tanks during WW2, unlike Italy or Japan.”

This is a very good solution.

4 Likes

But they won’t do the same for Italy. While there were a small number of “paper” tanks, before building a prototype they did make some models out of wood. Which is still closer than how Japan has a Tiger.

But what about all of the vehicles Italy did build and test? While not all entered production, there are photos of prototypes being tested. DRACO, Centauro IFVs, the Italian M901, Centauro SPG (Pegasus), or like many of Italy’s aircraft that aren’t in or all of the OTOMATICs rounds, the upgraded radar for the OTOMATIC, or its actual capacity for APFSDS?

We could go on and on about existing issues with Italian vehicles while simultaneously poking holes in the tech tree where more ITALIAN vehicles could have been added. Nope we got Hungry, and the KF41 is unplayable broken. Just neglect. If Italy had more of the interesting vehicles they had, more players may play it and spend money on it. No they rather keep it hot garbage, making it a dumpster fire.

2 Likes

Calm down dude, I was talking about japan. Italy is fine as it is, it is one of my favourite countries and has decent selection of niche vehicles that is growing every update. KF is unplayable? Great, Im not gonna cry about single end of the line vehicle, when I can enjoy turans, zrinyi and reinforced lineups.

I can list some random vehicles for every country and be like “waaah gaijin when they will be added”, but I can also be patient bcs not everything can be added instantly.

What about no ?

That’s why Panther II 8.8cm, Tiger 2 10.5cm was out of the game. That’s why soon R2Y2 series’ll be remove, etc.

Gaijin made them, and like pulling the trigger, there is no going Back. All those “Fakes” deserve to be part of War Thunder. For all of us!

Comment flagged.

1 Like

Seems pretty obvious that it can, in fact, be undone. Given, y’know, the fact that it was.

It was not, and cannot. I see Coelian, Panther II and 105 Tiger II on a regular basis. Their “removal” did only violate the players and split us apart. All should have the right to own and use them.

This human nihilism is really getting on my nerve, in 69 man walked on the moon, and in 2023 a bunch of Russian Oligarchs won’t even give all players some digital tanks in their “Game”. You human folks are supposed to have cities on Mars since the 80s for crying out loud! What happened to this promising species?

1 Like