Ground EC | A large map, long range, realistic battlefield

I would really like to see a game mode with very large maps, see more roles for helicopters and IFV’s, and artillery too. In the video above, you see Swedish UH-1’s air dropping supplies and ammunition to a mounted artillery unit of Bkan 1’s. I feel this is very possible, and would be very fun to have “squadron based” joint combat units that work with each other to defeat the enemy over the span of a day or week.

Additional roles would be:

• Airdropping supplies (Ammunition and gasoline/diesel)

• Airdropping platoons of tanks (Similar to such of the VDV)

• Medevac and Airlift

• Support type vehicles (Engineering, Recovery, and Mine clearing vehicles)

• Deep water fording with tanks with snorkel or floatation equipment

Also as such, there will be additional weapon types:

• Cluster type munitions (BK-90 and KMGU, namely AT mine layers)

• “Runway denial systems” (JP 223 and KMGU type systems)

• Tank mounted mortars (similar to that on the 77mm Lyran mortars found of Swedish tanks, used to launch IR and Vis-Spec flares)

9 Likes

I guess a lot of people (also me) wants a Ground EC, I guess would give much more rewards for a 25 min match in trade of a longer match. Would be more fun if it’s added with a Simulator Mode option.

4 Likes

I agree but that would require them to think outside the box and that might be asking a lot lol

1 Like

as an event i would love to see that and play as a support heli dropping ammo for ground troops below. it would also be very fun to see battleships being able to help ground troops ever once in a while kind of like an arty call but your team/you as the ship would get a location from your team and you can shoot a few shells in that general area. it would also be very cool to see arty style tanks actually being the role of arty class.