Grind is insufferable

Damn frustrated hoarder. Do you know that the goal of the game is not to get all the vehicles in the shortest amount of time possible? Better find solace in enjoying the vehicles you already have, in developing your skills as a competitor…

An aspect that I would like to underline. As you grind your way through the game, you often change tanks the moment it finally has all the modules and becomes good. A fully developed PzKW IV, Tiger or Panther or Leo 1 are beasts in the game. Stock they are terribly bad. I have far too many tanks that I haven’t upgraded. Especially from the time I rushed through the German tree. Now I’m unpacking them all one by one and having fun in the lower BRs. Apparently you first have to reach the end of the line (e.g. the Leo2 A7) to realize that it is certainly fun, but that the game offers a lot, especially in the middle BR. I recently fell in love with the Leo 1 again. And I hated the tank. Literally.

-Why grind?
To get vehicles I want

• Why did you invest $600 in the game?
    To buy tanks i like and speed up the grind
  • What do you want to achieve in the game
    Having fun and learning new things

I honestly don’t think you like all the tanks in the game.

You understand that the more you have, the more stock tanks you have to suffer … the more defeats the more frustrations.

You spent 600 euros because you felt like it. With discounts on premiun and talismans I have upgraded 5 TT to tier 7 with 150e.

Trying to cover so much, you will neither learn nor have fun.

I understand your frustration if it’s newer technology you want to play. Personally, I’m not too fussed about that and prefer WW2 so the grind has not been as hard or long. Luckily I mainly play Air RB so SLs and Crew Points are easier to.come by. If there’s a down-side it’s that I’ve got used to single vehicle lineups and I find it hard to develop a “rush in and die” style which GRB encourages.

It is a pretty miserable game, there is no interest from the company or the players in the game. This can be seen by the poor/lack of engagement in the forums and the gameplay which is pretty dire.
Both sides have totally different objectives and obviously one side holds the majority of the power and there is very little if any compromise from both sides. As for being a paying customer and expecting to be treated in a more favorable way in a free to play game, best of luck a lot of games have tried it and once it has been discovered and known the backlash has been immense and extremely negative.
Favoritism can be done but it has to be very very unobtrusive and not in your face obvious, if it was pay to win then the game might increase a bit in revenue but I strongly suspect it would be very negative with reviews and player base numbers would plummet and the engagement would be none existent.
What would the point in playing if you have not paid to achieve the win and would just be sacrificed to the payers, it already happens somewhat with new premiums before the next better one comes along.
It is a pay to progress more quickly game but the progression does not improve the game like a lot of games are these days.
Best to not get so involved and disengage with the game that does not meet your expectations and continually lets you down or fails you, or you can adjust your focus and objectives of the game so it is not so frustrating and disappointing.

1 Like

You need to stop complaining about the grind, especially as a Premium customer, you make yourself look stupid. You are in the lucky minority that can afford to pay for Premium, I wish I could. I can only afford to pay for my Battle Passes each season, and the only way I can get Premium is when I get to the BP tier that gives me 10 days free premium.

When I get those 10 free days, the SL & RP are glorious and I can excellerate my grind to no end. When the 10 days are up, I am back to non-premium and the grind is so fucking annoying and mind numbing. Without premium, try grinding when you only get a few thousand SL and only 1,500 RP or less EVERY GAME.

The only players more annoying are players like you who have premium and still have the balls to complain about the grind.

Grind without the premium and maybe people will think about taking you seriously when you complain.

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ACTUALLY ARE - SO STOP COMPLAINING.

Their CURRENT business model becomes unsustainable. Its not the only one.
The rest of your post is WTF. Truly classic Stockholm Syndrome rationalization. You can’t even see how you are being manipulated.
Some people just want to play “the game” you know, fly around in planes drive tanks and boats. They don’t have any interest in playing “War Accountant” and dealing with the entirely artificial impediments Gaijin throws in the way. They probably lose at least half of new players because the WT metagame sucks so much. And just because you do put up with it, doesn’t mean you should like it, and you sure as hell should not defend it.

1 Like

I personally do not pay for premium vehicles. I do not see the point of it. The only Premium vehicles I have, are what I have got for free from the battle passes. Say you get up to tier 3 and buy a premium, what when you get to tier 4 or 5? Do you still take your premium vehicle you spent a lot of money on in to battles 2, 3 or 4 tiers higher? No… course you don’t, tier 5 vehicles will wipe the floor with your tier 3 vehicle so you don’t use it anymore. Your beautifull, expensive vehicle is now crap by comparison and totally obselete.

There is no point in buying premium vehicles. It’s stupid.

I really don’t get how people play this game.
There is no grind. WT is pick-up-and-play at any point you login.

So you can’t afford to pay 20 dollars for 180 days of premium but you can afford a PC to play the game? Ok if you say so…btw I know how miserable the grind is without premium, your logic is completely skewed in fact it’s you the one who can’t complain about the grind because you don’t spend shit in this game, I can because I pay, I’m a customer.
It’s not worth to grind without premium at all if you value your time.

1 Like

You already can do that, I haven’t spent any cash since a year ago and play entirely spaded 9.0 & 9.3s line up, I can continue to free play until the server shuts down and they won’t make any more money from me. If you want new vehicles then they give you the option to obtain it without paying, you either grind for it and suffer a few matches to unlock parts, or don’t bother getting any like me and continue to play what you already have. The problem arises when they keep adding new stuff and people think they are entitled to everything the game offers lol

2 Likes

If you would have told me the current year pay schemes would exist in games 20 years ago, I would have laughed you into oblivion.
You’ve been conditioned to accepting this “new normal” in video games where microtransactions are inherent to gaming and maintaining the life of the game.

1 Like

Why do you think you aren’t entitled to everything the game offers?

Because you are conditioned to expect to have to suffer and/or pay for it?

Oh O.K… if you really want to know…
About 14 years ago, as well as having a full time job, I was doing an IT PC building course on-line. It required me to build my own PC as the practical side, providing evidence of what I built it with, what I did to build it, etc, etc, as well as doing the theory and exam.

I took the opportunity to build my 1st ever gaming PC, which I bought the bits (mobo, CPU, RAM, tower, HDD, 1,200w PSU, nVidia GPU, 5 extra fans I was able to fit, fan controller, LED lights, etc, etc,) over a period of 5 months to keep the cost affordable each month. I would love to be able to go out and buy a gaming PC over the counter. Means money would be no option to me.

Over the years, I’ve just updated the components that are no longer good enough. I have just replaced mobo’s for better ones. Upgraded CPU’s for better ones. Upgraded my GPU’s when they become not powerful enough to run my games.

It’s like what Trigger said in “Only Fools and Horeses”… " I’ve had the same broom for 20 years… It’s only had 17 new heads and 14 new handles"

… I’ve had the same PC for 14 years, I still have the same case with the same fan controller, same PSU, same fans… it’s only had 3 new mobo’s, 4 new CPU’s, 3 new GPU’s, 1 DVDRW, 2 new HDD’s & 1 SSD. You get my point??? By just upgrading my mobo or PCU gives me a new PC. Upgrading to a new GPU more or less, makes it a new PC. My Gaming PC’s never cost me a lot of money. To upgrade only costs me a few hundred Pounds £ each time for me, and not the high hundreds or even into thousands.

[Edit] Oh…and quite often these days, with having to pay for the keep of a house, bills, kids, car, etc, etc, spare cash can sometimes be found and sometimes it can’t, and even if some spare cash can be found, it doesn’t mean I can have it for my game, there are other people in the house to consider who might want something, and I am not the only one who uses the PC. Welcome to the unselfish REAL world of having a family.

If you can have everything in the game without having to put much effort, whose gonna find the need to pay? How does the business stay afloat? there is a lot of f2p players in wt, do you have any idea about the server maintenance? company expenses, licensing for copyright names of vehicles, staff salary, boss wife’s monthly expenses, and savings for the kid’s future. Why do you think he built the game just for you to have all the fun in the world while he gets nothing?

I’m allowing you to live in my house for free, you can use my PS5, run the aircond 24/7, all you have to do is wash the toilets and keep it clean, you can drive my car but with the condition that you need to walk my dogs, and there is 5 of them, you do all that then you can have the car, recently I also have two chicks moved into my house that you can borrow, but it will cost you money. Is that something too much to ask for if you want to borrow the chick?

2 Likes

If you dont have an idea how to play the game, then yeah good luck going anywhere. Once you get a hang of the game you dont even need premiums to get through trees. Me personally, i finished Japan air in just over a week as my most recent tree completion. Without any premium content apart from the battlepass B7A2.

1 Like

You missed the point. And your “example” is meaningless (and kinda scary projection there) There are lots of revenue models for games. Look around. The game does not have to be the way it is. It is the way it is because it maximizes Gaijin’s revenue and they get away with it because they have a lock on this little niche market and players like you have become conditioned to see the way it is as the only way it can be.

As WW2 enthusiast I got what I wanted from the game in the first 3 tiers and relatively cheap.I feel sorry for those whose interest is more modern vehicles.Gaijin must lose so many who can’t be botherd to get to the top tier.

4 Likes

I was mocking and trolling so don’t take it seriously, I was banned three months for it in the past so I have to toned it down lol