Give us a working Tow-2b damage model that's fair. Yes-No?

Just having a working Tow-2b damage model would be nice.
Most BMT will eat 4-5 Tows before dying, this is funny cause when I do Kill a MBT with one TOW-2b I have Zero understanding of how to do it again. I’ve seen 2S38 eat 2-3 and not care.
Fix the damage model and everything will sort itself out.
We are not asking for an OP weapon just some better results when using it. Make it fair. this is not fair

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
10 Likes

Screenshot 2024-09-24 020636
Screenshot 2024-09-24 020704
Screenshot 2024-09-24 020723
Screenshot 2024-09-24 020747

2 Likes

Screenshot 2024-09-24 021228
Screenshot 2024-09-24 021243

3 Likes

Second tow -2b Over Presures the tank somehow???

Screenshot 2024-09-24 021503

3 Likes

3 Likes

Same here. The 2B needs the developers to look into its performance compared to real life. Seeing as Gaijin tries to depict the game as realistically as possible, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to look at this missile, especially when it is used on the recently added Desert Warrior.

EDIT: Spelling

3 Likes

The previous performance was under performing but semi functional since hits were guaranteed. Now with the Tow 2B suffering the same modeling as other TOW missiles (which is entirely unrealistic for them as well) it is near useless as there is too much sway in the wire to be able to consistently place the missile around things like commander optics. For which some miraculous reason they are able to absorb explosively formed penetrators (ingame Gaijin lazily just reads it as HEAT).

Great idea, should be carried over to the RBS56 too which this is an equivalent of (Bill was made first sorry)
It’s not too hard to search up RBS 56 live fire testing and showing the tank turning into lots of fire and what would be a turret toss on hull ammo tanks

I definitely agree with this post.

1 Like

Its silly to have a IFV that was built to combat MBT not with a gun but with a ATGM, then in game make that ATGM so usless that a MG on a tank thats a max of 20-30mm of armor (RAH) equivalent be fully locked is such a joke, not having the ability to even damage a tank to the point it has to pull back is funny.

1 Like

Absolutely, it’s baffling how the 2B’s main anti-tank weapon is so ineffective in-game. It feels like the TOW missiles, in general, are underperforming with a strange damage model. A rework of the entire TOW family tree seems necessary to address this inconsistency and ensure a more realistic experience across all vehicles using them.

1 Like

How a TOW-2B should function (TOW-2B against fully-loaded T-72):

Yes, that thing on fire in the air is the T-72’s turret.

5 Likes

Just tried using TOW-2Bs again… 1 shot a BMP… 3 to kill a T-72 TURMS… 5 to kill a Leopard 2A4.
Can’t say it feels too dangerous, I think using the 2A would be better.

Tow-2B needs to get back into form of making the IvanBoos cry again. It got nerfed strictly because it was clapping Ivan cheeks.

3 Likes

I’m sure it was more than just Russian players complaining about it, and I’d imagine that it would be pretty annoying to be killed behind cover in nearly every vehicle.

I wonder if part of the reason they’re bad is because of how poorly HEAT post pen damage is.

1 Like

No, it was nerfed because it was overpowered against everyone. The M3A3 was originally added at 8.7, and 2Bs had ~500mm pen (don’t remember the exact number) and could overpressure. There was basically nothing you could do against it, especially in a 7.7 tank, since even if you took cover it could lob a 2B and kill you anyways. While gaijin’s nerf was a bit haphazard, pre-nerf 2Bs were quite overpowered and I really wouldn’t like to see that again, especially with how many more 2B carriers there are.

IMO the main issue is the pen got absolutely butchered, (I believe it’s something like 100mm now), so it has a lot of trouble punching through a lot of roof armor at its BR, especially Russian ones with ERA. It also has a bad habit of triggering too early or late, often hitting hulls or engines instead of turrets.

Sweden has the BILL, which does the same thing, but it actually works. Both at 10.0 and even 8.7. Strong yes, but not overpowered by any stretch. I think players have gotten used to fighting them perhaps.

1 Like

I feel like part of it is the BILL being a worse missile, and Sweden having way less players, compared to the absolute spam of M3A3s during Ixwa. I do think the 2B should get a buff, especially since its platforms are more properly BRed, I just feel like people don’t actually understand just how strong top downs are in game.

2 Likes

True, except is bill actually worse? AFAIK it only has less range, but in terms of pen its 5 times higher, and the missiles feel more maneuverable.

It would probably make sense for top attack missiles to be added to every tree if possible, properly be buffed, and also moved to much higher BRs.

1 Like