Germany should get their Boxer platforms, most notably the Boxer CRV

Yipeeee!

1 Like

if they vote against it they are completly stupid, its shown those are highly needed pronto

that is unlikely to happen

so the skyranger with iris-t variant will be developed(just got funding)
and the first prototype is expected to be done in …

.2028… … . … . … … … … …

is that for both or only iris-t one? i think they both had different development time

I think the Skyranger with 30mm and Stinger was for 25or26 and the Boxer with Iris-T SLS array is for 28

thats roughly what i remember as well, more specialy the skyranger is supposed to be in 2 development steps an early variant and a later one as well with germany ordering early one for immediate protection and later on upgrading those once the later version arrives

IRIS-T.
skyranger is pretty much already done and should get voted on very soon as well.

Would be cool if we get ahead till then. I am a bit pessimistic about ahead because when was the puma released? I think soon it will be 2 years (devblog was on 16.03.22). Gaijin simply closed my topic 6 months ago for no reason. It is one of my most liked topic aswell. PUMA is now more than a year in War thunder and there is still no working AHEAD

Created a new topic to keep Ahead more alive.

ahhh that explains it ok, yeah we thought u meaned 2028 for both, but yeah the iris t one is expected, since the turret wasnt in development yet

so Teilprojekt 3(the skyranger) is also planned for late 2020s. however, just like with IRIS-T SLM, they should be getting Skyranger 30 in H2 2024(IRIS-T SLM H1 2024) as initial acquisitions.

i really wished next update gaijin introduced the Boxer RCT120 either tracked or wheeled version

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 Likes

2024-01-11-skyranger-30-gesamtsystemqualifikation.pdf (rheinmetall.com)
this is the A1 variant; the A3 variant is the one with missiles

I dont wear boxes right now

the Bw plans to acquire 123 GTK Boxer

30mm + MELLS(which is SPIKE afaik)

Schwerer waffentragger refers to this one

main question, would be know if it includes aps systems or not

I’m kinda confused since it refers to 2 of them one with PUMA turret and other with KF41 Lynx turret

both were tested, we dont have the exact configuration yet, but because the boxer is supposed to have a manned turret, the lynx one is more likely, the puma one is only unmanned if i am right

btw this the the autralian boxer crv which is the basis of the schwerer waffenträger, this got tested by germany, so we might get sth more in this area

1 Like