Germany should also get the KF41 Lynx

yes soft kill protections fit under passive protections, hard kill are the active protection systems like eurothropy. Different names for the same thing basicaly

1 Like

The PUMA has MUSS, which is a Softkill APS

They should just give the PUMA its MELLS finally.

Its just reta* that it doesn’t have it when its a main basic feature of the PUMA.

And Germany should have access to its export-Vehicles like all Nations.

China also gets its VT4A1 when they themself aren’t using it.

KF41 Lynx, KF120 Lynx, KF51 Panther and Co. should all be available to Germany.

Like where is the KF51 Panther going to go to? Hungary? Because Germany so far hasn’t ordered any and Hungary is the only one who said they want it and produce it so is it going to Italys Tree instead of Germany in future?

5 Likes

i checked it is categorized as an APS for what i saw

No standartPuma in the Bundeswehr has the Mells, because the MELLS came a bit later with Puma VJTF/Puma S1

1 Like

Export vehicles should only be added on an as-needed basis. If Germany receives the most modernized variant of the Puma, KF41 Lynx shouldn’t be needed

The thing is even if the PUMA S1 was added Germany will still be lacking in top tier light tanks/IFV’s compared to most other tech trees.

And even then there won’t be much else to add besides some wheeled AFV’s and the KF41. So the KF41 must be added to Germany at some point regardless of it being an export vehicle or not.

Plus the KF41 would pair well with the newer PUMA at top tier. And it will need to be added if Germany is to have a complete top tier lineup. As much as I love bringing my 9.0-10.0 vehicles in my 11.7 line up sometimes I would still rather have a complete lineup with some options to switch around.

PUMA needs a fix first the fact is that its heavily underperforming KF41 would be a nice addition but still a sidegrade of the PUMA

How is the PUMA S1 lacking?

read again he refers to the lack of top-tier light tanks, not the PUMA S1, and i agree at some degree that germany needs more light tanks and overall support vehicles but this does not mean that it has to be more than 2 tbh something after the wiesel and the current PUMA would be nice to fill in

Also, another bad thing is that, as of right now, the PUMA S1 can only carry 2 missiles on the launcher unless they adapt the RPG holder so it can carry spikes too. So as far as it can go, it can only carry 2 missiles.

Here again and yes Germany still needs its KF41 and PUMA S1 yet the snail doesn’t do anything even after the KF41 has already been in the game for practically a year.

Honestly, you prob don’t want the KF41 in its current state lol. 10.7 with no armour and 4 unreelable missies. It has gotten better recently though. :D

4 Likes

(german only)

Kf-41 HERO 120

So i see option for Germany : lynx with MCO pack (stanag 4569 level 6) and wotan 35 mm. I don’t think that Gaijin will be do something like ufp drones so soon.I like that vehicle and offered at least 3 options on ru forum to give it to Germany, but all three was stopped by note “passed to developers”.

1 Like

Ru forum is easier to suggest but after the discussion period ends, no one knows where the stuff goes lol

1 Like

Yes. But when i found information about MCO pack i have to see dynamic (reactive) armor on lynx. What tipe is it?

So far i havent even heard of reactive armour on the lynx HERO 120.

afaik is non-explosive energetic armor, wich acts similarly to the Merkava’s SLERA but much less bulkier wich provides almost same protection with less weight, its specially good against HEATFS, unlike normal NERA this is different in the way it works

Ok. I just want to see it in our branch