German Tanks are Overpowered - Buff Needed for Russia and Other Nations

Hello everyone,

I’ve been playing War Thunder for over 50 hours now, primarily using the German army. During my gameplay, I’ve noticed that German tanks are significantly overpowered compared to other nations. This imbalance makes the game less challenging and enjoyable.

Observations:

1. German Tanks’ Strength: The armor and firepower of German tanks, especially models like the Tiger and Panther, are too strong. They can easily dominate the battlefield, making it difficult for other nations to compete.
  2. Russian Tanks’ Weakness: Tanks like the T-34 and other similar models from Russia and other nations feel underpowered. They struggle to penetrate German armor and often get destroyed quickly.

Suggestions:

1. Nerf German Tanks: To balance the gameplay, I suggest reducing the armor and firepower of German tanks. This would make battles more competitive and fair.
  2. Buff Other Nations: Tanks from Russia and other nations should receive a significant buff. Increasing their armor penetration and survivability would make them more viable in battles.
  3. Delay for German Tanks: Introducing a 1.5-minute delay for German tanks at the start of each game could help balance the initial phase of battles.
  4. Increased Ricochet Chance: For tanks like the T-34, increasing the chance of ricocheting enemy shells would enhance their survivability and make them more competitive.

These changes would create a more balanced and enjoyable experience for all players. I hope the developers consider these suggestions to improve the game.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

No.

31 Likes

The game is meant to historically model vehicles. Artificial nerfs and buffs to vehicle performance should be avoided at all costs. Such changes would destroy the game. Any changes to vehicles need primary sources (ideally mutliple) supporting that thsoe vehicles were like that IRL. It also defeats the point of the Battle Rating system. If you have a specific vehicle you think is over-performing at its current BR. Then suggest it moves up next BR change.

These threads look like this and we are due one sooner rather than later:

This would equally destroy the game and be a pointless addition. It essentially removes Germany from the game entirely and is entirely unfair.

Again as before. No. This kind of fake modeling is unfair for everyone and does nothing but destroy the game integrity (already enough issues with soviet tanks not exploding like they should). Shell ricochets are not a chance based thing. But a physics thing. A shell will ricochet based upon the angle of the hit, angle of the armour and the shell.

The only changes that are acceptable are those pertaining to how things are modeled for accuracy. For example: APHE is being refined at the moment which may do a lot to fix lower BR balancing. After that APDS needs its Post-pen damage refined.

War Thunder has a steep learning curve. If you are finding a perticular vehicle hard to kill. Create a thread in: The Academy - Players helping Players - War Thunder — official forum and ask for help. This community is actually half decent at providing help when asked in a reasonable manner.

11 Likes

If the shell penetration values ​​and the armor thickness are not correct, I will let you provide the documents that attest to this fact for a correction.

If the shell penetration values ​​and the armor thickness are not correct, I will let you provide the documents that attest to this fact for a correction.

Really? You want to impose a penalty on the movement of the nation with the most slow tanks

Ricochets are not caused by chance but by the ballistics of the shell

1 Like

They won’t. This is not World of Tanks.

Apart from that, you really just cherry-picked a few vehicles at a very particular BR to justify a buff of Russian vehicles and a nerf of German vehicles. You are of course free to suggest whatever you want whenever you want. But you might still want to play the game a bit more before you ask Gaijin to completely change the way this game works.

1 Like

German tanks are not particularly overpowered on the battlefield, the main problem their opponents encounter is that they are the easiest tanks to play effectively at their Br. A decent player in any nation can easily destroy any German tank but for a new player it can be a bit harder

2 Likes

I hope this is satire, because if it isn’t I don’t know what to tell you lmao

5 Likes

50 hours of gameplay and new to the forums. I assume just a very green player used to games like CoD or WoT where items are editted for balance and not historical modeling

7 Likes

While I appreciate your perspective, I don’t fully agree with some of the suggestions. Here’s my take:

I can understand that a 1.5-minute delay for German tanks might feel too extreme, but lowering that to around 45 seconds could strike a fair balance. It gives other nations a bit of breathing room without completely sidelining German players. We want realism, but the game also needs to be fun for the majority, many of whom are more casual players.

I agree that tanks of the same BR (Battle Rating) should be more comparable in terms of performance. Right now, it does feel like the T-34 struggles too much against German tanks like the Tiger, which can make those engagements feel frustrating and one-sided. Adjusting the balance so that T-34s have a better chance of penetrating Tiger armor could help make battles more engaging while still being true to history. After all, vehicles within the same BR should perform similarly.

But I do think some kind of balance is needed so all players, regardless of the nation they choose, can enjoy the game more fairly.

Come play the Maus, it will be fun

Do you have information that we don’t have regarding the penetration of Russian shells? I’m interested.

1 Like

And that’s all I needed to know. I think we’re done here but incase anybody else needs more this post was written by AI.

Spoiler

I’m sure you’ll be screaming your head off about Germany suffering when you get the leopard 1

13 Likes

No.

Ground matches are won and lost via the capturing of bases. Even 45 seconds is enough time for 1 -3 bases to be captured before the enemy team can even move. They would always loose or fight an uphill battle.

Secondly. Mobility is a legitmate area for balance. German tanks tend to be slower at lower BRs. With this change, Many would have to go to a lower BR to compensate and would just make matches even worse.

There is no version where this would work. It would be like a football match and telling one team they couldnt move for the first 45 seconds of the match but the other team could do whatever they liked. Even score a goal.

Dont play Britain if you think the T-34s are hard work.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah? T-34 tank buffing with laser rangefinder, sabots and ERA protection, oh I’m sorry I was dreaming a little. NO, nothing should be changed, German tanks are fine, and the fact that many newcomers play it evens out the whole thing.

When did I say anything about grammar?

When did I start an argument?

Also it is perfectly acceptable to start a sentence with and

Try again next time, don’t use AI too.

2 Likes

So I just have one question, according to you (I quote) “During my gameplay, I’ve noticed that German tanks are significantly overpowered compared to other nation”, what makes you say that ?

Because unless I’m mistaken, if we base ourselves on your game statistics, the Germans don’t show much superiority.

i suggest learning to target weakspots

russian tanks literaly are one of the most survivable tanks with good penetration

2 Likes

I say we should probably put the fox at 9.0 to help with this issue.

2 Likes

And the Batchat at 8.7

1 Like

Russian main never stop surprise me really lol

4 Likes