General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

Type 16 MCV models kitbashed with AMOS and Skyranger style weaponry.

Source

1 Like

not really a vehicle in war thunder since this is just made for hobbies from the creator and do not exist in reallity, there is something more real than this tho.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m aware they are fictional, but they do resemble real life examples like the aforementioned Close Combat Vehicle or the future Light-Weight Combat Vehicle System (LCV).

Unlike the AMOS this 120mm mortar only uses one barrel rather than two, but it fulfills the similar role of a self-propelled Non-Line-Of-Sight and Line-Of-Sight artillery system that can be easily mobilized due to being based on a wheeled vehicle. I don’t know if this system is planned for the Type 16, although the graphics show a 6x6 vehicle rather than an 8x8 one.
LCV

1 Like

hmmm wait a moment i believe i do have a pic of the type 16 using a mortar, i dont sadge there is already a type 16 with mortars but only 1 photo has been seen so far

Well I know there is the new Mortar Mobile Combat Vehicle (MMCV) that was revealed alongside the ICV, obviously this wouldn’t really work in-game at the moment. I haven’t heard of any new Type 16 variants though.

as for the variants we still yet to see at least 3 including ICV for what they have said

Indeed, there are 3 variants we have yet to see in prototype form. The ICV and MMCV were both revealed together, and the RCV a few months after. This would leave the MEV, CV, and MPV.
CTWV
Unfortunately for War Thunder’s purposes none of these vehicles are of much use for the game.

1 Like

I’ve found in some articles from Japan talking about the creation of a new IFV turret, it might have to do with this too

4 Likes

In regards to the Type 89 right?

No clue but might be aswell too, since there was a new Hull show with the type 89 turret

A Type 16 MCV from the 22nd Rapid Deployment Brigade during a night-time firing, which is not often seen even by the SDF members. This MCV is observed through a thermal imager camera during firing and resting. When viewed from the rear, it is overall very dark.

For more context: x.com

8 Likes

Also Chi-Ri 2s lil secondary gun does not have acces to better APHE like it is with Ka-Mi which has same gun but as main armament.

1 Like

What the bloody hell is that ? Chi-Ri with literal 2 horse power?? XDD

Ka-Chi really should have been added as normal tech tree vehicle after ka-mi. There is still gap in the tree and theres not even any way for new players to get Ka-Chi right now.

This is viewed through an image intensifier (aka night vision) and NOT a thermal imager.

Thailand apparently had a semi-movable ADATS. Imagine a towed ADATS, should be fun lmao

3 Likes

Seven men one Type 89FV.

3 Likes

Then why do the tire wheels appear bright white? There is no light source emitting from them. It seems plausible that this footage was captured through a thermal sight. In such a case, the wheels could be emitting a bright signature due to friction-generated heat, rather than reflecting external light.

3 Likes

Tbh it looks much more like thermal then night vision

Spoiler

x.com

1 Like

White dust or snow reflecting the light. Same for the inside of the fenders.