General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

From my old tweet that i have written sometime ago.

The M41GTI, short for ‘German Tank Improvement,’ was first unveiled at the 1986 Weapons Exhibition in Malaysia. It resulted from the collaboration of various West German arms companies, including Gesellschaft Für Logistics Service GmbH, Krauss-Maffei, Krupp Atlas, MTU, Wegmann, AEG, and Dil.

This upgrade project included replacing the original Continental AOS-895-3 six-cylinder air-cooled petrol engine with an MTU MB833Aa-501 six-cylinder liquid-cooled diesel engine. The fuel tank capacity was also expanded to accommodate 800 liters of diesel, up from the previous 540 liters of gasoline, extending the operational range to an impressive 600 kilometers. Additionally, it incorporated the Halon-1302 automatic fire extinguishing system, the same system used in the Leopard tank.

Regarding the main armament, it retained the 76mm M32 gun as before but with increased firepower thanks to the M331A1 HESH-TP-T ammunition, which had a muzzle velocity of 1257 meters per second. The tank also featured an ELAN-41 gun stabilization system by AEG and a Krupp-Atlas Electronic fire control system. It was equipped with an electronic digital ballistic computer, a monocular sight for day and night operations, and a laser rangefinder in the central targeting unit. The computer system calculated target distance, wind speed, temperature, ammunition type, and elevation angle for precise aiming. The machine gun on the coaxial mount was replaced from the previous M1919A4 .30-06 caliber to an HK-21E 7.62x51mm machine gun.

Germany tested this tank in Thailand and achieved satisfactory results. They proposed the improvements to the Thai army, but the M41 tanks were not upgraded to M41GTI by the Thai military…

https://twitter.com/NAMELESS_JSDF/status/1699088529203056712

3 Likes

i havent been able to find the chinese F5 post i think it was deleted cuz of the ammount of hate and backlash it was recieving lol

4 Likes

thai and ASEAN tree would be cool to see ingame.im a sucker for light tanks. also i heard japan wont get VT4 Thai. if this is the case then why not replace it with singaporean Leopard. would be cool to see

This is fake it’s just an admin that was coping for some reason

Let the tears of the 50-cent army flow ! I hope Gaijin ignores the hell out of them and we get a Japanese VT-4. Banzaiiiii !

4 Likes

yup, if they’re gonna put Thai Tree on JP atleast give them all the tanks the Thai army has. still want the Leopard SG though

3 Likes

Not an amazing amount of new stuff, better than nothing but a non-prem ground vehicle would have been nice.

• F-5E FCU (Squadron vehicle)
  • F-15J — unique detailed cockpit added
  • Type 90B Fuji (Pack)
  • AH-64DJP — unique detailed cockpit and helmet-mounted display system has been added
  • IJN Mutsu

True, to be fair though, this the most Japan has gotten than any update from what i can remember. Normally always 1 to 2 vehicles. Sometimes no air or no tank, just boat.

2 Likes

Yea i get that, but for the past 3 updates Japan has gotten atleast something unique. Type 99, 81c, tkx P, 15J etc. This time its a fancy F5E and copy paste prem. Its just a bit disapointing, same story with other nations too.

Actually apart from the F-5, this is by far one of the worst updates for Japan.
We are getting only 2 new vehicles, Type 90 doesn’t count, and the rest is visual update.

I don’t play naval nor aviation so there is literally nothing new for me that solery playing ground forces.
And to make it worse they made the best camo and decal premium contents.

The four last major updates were decent until now.

1 Like

not gonna lie the next update is kinda dry for JP, still no B78 IFV and MPMS

1 Like

I play air and ground, so probably why I suddenly seem more ok with this update when I saw the F-5E FCU coming. May be copy/paste but has some good stuff. I do agree, ground this update looks a bit sad since its a complete premium that many of us Japan mains already don’t need. But at least its good to see players can grind with it and soon will see more Japan vehicles in ground instead of constant leopards, Abrams and Soviet tanks. Hoping the next update we get vehicles for normal TT. This one was more for new players willing to spend on premiums.
especially me spending money for that jet to avoid grinding it

3 Likes

Does anyone have photos of the Igo-1-C bomb? I am trying to include in the suggestions all the unique aircraft weapons systems that Japan has. I have already submitted the GCS-1, and additionally, suggestions regarding the AAM-1 and AAM-2 have already been sent.

1 Like

Type 16 working suspension and steering system are real smooth.
But for some reason the Type 16 P and FPS didn’t recieve this change.

2 Likes

Speaking of Type 16, looks like someone stole it’s front and rear lights :

Spoiler

img

Spoiler

[/img]

Premium version for comparison:

Spoiler

img3

Spoiler

7 Likes

Ah dang…gotta give insurance a call…

8 Likes

is the catalytic converter still there? or were they just after the lights :D

2 Likes

The June update should be good at least for air since we’d be getting either Thai F-16A or Gripen or F-15J MSIP.

Ground maybe the Type 81 will get its ARH missile too.

1 Like

It seems that the arrangement of the engine and propeller shaft in the Type 98 Ke-Ni is incorrect. However, I was unable to determine the location of the fuel tank. I have reported this, but if you have any additional information or corrections, please let me know.

5 Likes

Someone already made bug report for Type 16 texture, support it here
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/PTuE9Muy1FzE

2 Likes