General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

True, to be fair though, this the most Japan has gotten than any update from what i can remember. Normally always 1 to 2 vehicles. Sometimes no air or no tank, just boat.

1 Like

Yea i get that, but for the past 3 updates Japan has gotten atleast something unique. Type 99, 81c, tkx P, 15J etc. This time its a fancy F5E and copy paste prem. Its just a bit disapointing, same story with other nations too.

Actually apart from the F-5, this is by far one of the worst updates for Japan.
We are getting only 2 new vehicles, Type 90 doesn’t count, and the rest is visual update.

I don’t play naval nor aviation so there is literally nothing new for me that solery playing ground forces.
And to make it worse they made the best camo and decal premium contents.

The four last major updates were decent until now.

1 Like

not gonna lie the next update is kinda dry for JP, still no B78 IFV and MPMS

I play air and ground, so probably why I suddenly seem more ok with this update when I saw the F-5E FCU coming. May be copy/paste but has some good stuff. I do agree, ground this update looks a bit sad since its a complete premium that many of us Japan mains already don’t need. But at least its good to see players can grind with it and soon will see more Japan vehicles in ground instead of constant leopards, Abrams and Soviet tanks. Hoping the next update we get vehicles for normal TT. This one was more for new players willing to spend on premiums.
especially me spending money for that jet to avoid grinding it

2 Likes

Does anyone have photos of the Igo-1-C bomb? I am trying to include in the suggestions all the unique aircraft weapons systems that Japan has. I have already submitted the GCS-1, and additionally, suggestions regarding the AAM-1 and AAM-2 have already been sent.

Type 16 working suspension and steering system are real smooth.
But for some reason the Type 16 P and FPS didn’t recieve this change.

1 Like

Speaking of Type 16, looks like someone stole it’s front and rear lights :

Spoiler

img

Spoiler

[/img]

Premium version for comparison:

Spoiler

img3

Spoiler

6 Likes

Ah dang…gotta give insurance a call…

7 Likes

is the catalytic converter still there? or were they just after the lights :D

1 Like

The June update should be good at least for air since we’d be getting either Thai F-16A or Gripen or F-15J MSIP.

Ground maybe the Type 81 will get its ARH missile too.

It seems that the arrangement of the engine and propeller shaft in the Type 98 Ke-Ni is incorrect. However, I was unable to determine the location of the fuel tank. I have reported this, but if you have any additional information or corrections, please let me know.

4 Likes

Someone already made bug report for Type 16 texture, support it here
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/PTuE9Muy1FzE

1 Like

I’ve asked this a few times before on forums: Does anyone know what sights Japanese late war tanks and TDs had? It seems logical for them to have had x4 sights like Chi-Has had, instead of whatever default sight developers gave them. Perhaps we should write a suggestion to change this?

maybe you can reach out to this guy:
WT Live // Sight by Sick2day (warthunder.com)

1 Like

I happened to have a copy of a JGSDF MBT documentary and got it up to HD, so i’m uploading it (only the first 11 min ) enjoy.

Spoiler

If you want to support me or get the version that i have translated by myself you can check more details in the youtube site.

7 Likes

What? How is it hypocrisy bruh

If there is going to be a Leopard, I dont think SG would be the best fit - Im not even sure if Japan even needs a Leopard. Indonesia has a better chance of being added than Singapore and while yes, I get that Singapore is pretty much with ASEAN, I wouldnt really count on it being added to Japan.

Realistically speaking, the best chances of being added to Japan is with SEATO which Thailand is a part of so it would be the Philippines, but they dont have much in the way of unique vehicles. Next would be collaborationist regimes under GEACPS so that would mean Indonesia which pretty much celebrated the ousting of the Dutch and more importantly for WT, actually has a sizeable independent Military-Industrial Complex. Malaysia would be next and by virtue of it being once part of Malaysia, Singapore.

Now I really would like to have Singaporean vehicles in the game as well, they have some great IFVs that Japan desperately needs even after Thailand is added. That though would be pretty much on hold until after others have been added. Singaporean IFVs being way too modern aint gonna help either.

Lets just be patient and bide our time. Thailand is already a great representation for ASEAN. It will eventually lead down to Singapore when theres nothing left worth adding lol (especially as event vehicles or premium ones).

1 Like

Im still iffy on the B78 because not a whole lot of concrete information is out there, we are not even sure what its true armament really is. Its really only the MPMS that would be like a clear addition for modern Japan ground TT so its not surprising that there wouldnt be a ton of major Japanese TT updates for ground.

Hell even the newer but sacked CCV would be a more realistic addition than the B78, because we at least have documentation for that.

1 Like

The CTTV could be easily put at 9.3 - 9.7 by giving it the 35mm APFSDS and make it a successor to the Type 89FV.

The LAV and Type 96 also serve as effective firing platforms for the Type 01 LMAT, which should significantly alleviate the deficiency of Japanese ATGM carriers in the tech tree.

4 Likes