General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

How accurate is Gaijin’s two-tone camo? It seems lighter to me in the game, but I’m not sure

3 Likes

Gaijin changed the camo color a few years ago, and the current one is better than the previous one, but the wrong pattern hasn’t been changed, it’s terrible.

1 Like

I guess the splotches are wrong?

1 Like

correct

I see the Type 81 missile has a lid on the booster…
I wonder if gaijin will re-model it…

Spoiler

81_missile

Yes, we may get one of the CTWVS, whichever it is, I’m ready to go get her.

3 Likes

I’d assume it’s ICV and RCV unless plans changed, since the riddle leak did hint at two, and those are the possible combat variants for the game unless Gaijin decides to add mortars or air defence lasers.

3 Likes

Pretty bad, the grey is too faded or light while the green resembles the blue color we used to have as default camouflage.

They actually changed the modern two tone which lasted for a short time and then freaking reversing it back to the ugly one for no reason.

This version got the grey color pretty accurate but the green might be a little too dark but i actually liked it.

Well, i spent GE on this camo for a few vehicle because i loved it so much, got scammed i guess.

4 Likes

They change the color again?

edit:
It seems that the user’s color palette is just different, not that gaijin has made another change to the camouflage

They changed this camo two times, first the one seen in the screenshot, second time is like improved version of the old late bicolor with stronger tones both of which are no longer in the game. But this was a few years ago.
I also did bug reported this trying to bring back ‘‘that version’’, don’t think they ever will.

This TK-X is painted like that.

2 Likes

yes, they did, what you have now is just the old late bicolor, the one shown in my screenshot has since been removed.
This is not a recent change, it has been done years ago.

This camouflage was introduced in the Direct hit update which Japanese ground forces got massive changes to its camouflages.

Spoiler

The only time Gaijin got a camo accurately and they scrapped it🤦

3 Likes

wow That’s a shame, I remember the modified late bicolor was the same as this image, but I didn’t even notice it was removed, and when they put the correct camo into the game I told someone “omg gaijin finally got it right for once”. Now it looks like they just swapped the bicolor and the late bicolor.🤦

1 Like

This one looks pretty green to me

There has been some discussion in the forum about conducting tests to alter the fragmentation pattern of APHE shells.

Towards the end of WWII, Japan produced a mysterious ammunition called the Type 4 AP shot, which lacked explosive filler and fuzes, for various calibers of guns. The development history of this ammunition has been partially revealed. I am introducing this in preparation for the possibility that Snail might nerf APHE shells and buff AP shots.

According to the testimony of Colonel Seiichi Imai, who was affiliated with the 1st Army Technical Research Institute that studied anti-tank guns and armor-piercing shells, they developed solid armor-piercing shells to improve penetration power. Originally, the Japanese Army used solid armor-piercing rounds without explosives for calibers ranging from 7.7 mm to 20 mm due to their small size, but this was later adopted for larger caliber guns. When an APHE shell hits armor thicker than its caliber at a very high strike velocity, the shell body can be destroyed, reducing penetration power. However, with solid AP shots, the projectile body remains intact and can penetrate. Nevertheless, it goes without saying that APHE shells are superior to AP shots in terms of damage effect inside the tank.

Source

Spoiler

“The Complete Picture of Land Warfare Weapons, Volume 1 (The Truth and Reflection of Our Military Science and Technology; No. 5)” by Haruji Suga et al. Published in 1953. Page 272.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing it!
Searching through old forum posts found the Aizenns (if i don’t mistake) about Type 4 AP shell and according those descriptions it had space inside filled with sand and that Type 4 AP was filled with sand because of poor economic situation. But the shell with space inside has the same problems with weaker structure as APHE. And according description from your book it should be full metal.
So as a result, is it full metal AP shell or AP with sand inside?

1 Like

Considering the development history, it is likely a full metal solid shot with a stronger structure than the Type 1 APHE shell. It seems to be a misunderstanding that the Type 4 AP shot was a cheap shell filled with sand instead of explosives due to a shortage of raw materials caused by the bombing. The shells filled with sand are substitute shells used for training.

2 Likes

they need to add these at some point,

F-2
South Korean line? maybe idk?
O-I super-heavy tank
Ki-46
Type-5 Ho-ru
Type-91 and Type-95 Heavy
Type 5 Ke-Ho
idk just some thoughts

5 Likes

Interesting.
In game Type 4 Kou shell weight is 6.75kg and in calculating via Gaijin method we get 154mm of penetration. I am not sure about how truly the weight of Type 4 AP is. But it looks sadly

Also, was there other Type 4 AP shots? Not only for 75mm. And is it another Type 4 AP, not the same what we have in game now?

I’d like to know what other shells we can get, and how real they are.
List of Missing Shells - General & Upcoming - War Thunder - Official Forum

It seems there are shells such as the Type 4 AP shot as you mentioned, but also the Toku Kou, Experimental 47 mm Type 1 Tungsten APHEBC, and Nickel Chromium Steel Otsu AP shel

3 Likes