General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

That “blueprint” is fake, was a request from gaijin.

Prototypes for the Ho-Ri which kept the Chi-Ri hull, with the 37mm gun.

2 Likes

So much so that there is an identification number for documents to recognize them at the institute, lmao

https://www.jacar.archives.go.jp/das/image/C14011075200

I don’t know what the criteria to have a document added there is. Perhaps the design itself isn’t fake and was at one point considered, but all the details made up by Mai are. Regardless it wasn’t produced, there’s a photo in this forum of the produced Ho-Ri hulls at the end of the war and its very clear they have a superstructure in the middle like a Jagdtiger.

2 Likes

Perhaps I was being too harsh on her, but given that she admitted it was a fabrication after the fact, I have decided to treat her previous claims with some level of skepticism.

I checked her blog, she claims that one prototype was fully completed, with it even being test-driven. I don’t know where Gaijin got five vehicles being completed from, but it’s possible they misunderstood what Mai said. According to Japanese Wikipedia, five vehicles were indeed in various stages of completion. There were most likely disposed of in a scrapyard, but who knows, maybe they were dumped into a lake

SENSHA: Type5 Ho-Ri : The Japanese Ferdinand (sensha-manual.blogspot.com)

2 Likes

This wooden model is all we have of the sloped design, but afaik, it was dismissed early on for being too difficult to produce given Japan’s bombed-out cities and factories

1 Like

That’s honestly fair. I personally think she was doing fine mostly, but sometimes let both her own biases and Gaijins demands change the way she acted and researched. I’d say she still made some useful research, but it’s best to be sceptical and check her claims.

2 Likes

This is a fictional tank designed by military fans themselves, posted on the website Fiction Weapons House. That’s an exciting design, but I can’t suggest it for this game.

4 Likes

Unless…?

Where is this photo? Just re-read your comment

You should re-read what I said instead: the fictional design he posted was NOT produced, what WAS produced was the Jagdtiger-like Ho-Ri on the Chi-Ri hull, retaining the hull 37mm.

I’ll try to find that picture, though currently I don’t have access to my PC where I believe I kept a copy.

1 Like

Obviously I know it wasn’t produced, I’ve been researching the Ho-Ri for years bro

I was asking where the photo is of the produced hulls, I’ve yet to see such a photo.

5 Likes

Tonks

2 Likes

A friend sent this to me, no clue if it’s legit or not, but it’s still interesting! :D

If the CTWV does get added, are there any differences in regards to armour between the RCV and ICV?

4 Likes

I guess you could consider the unmanned turret of the ICV to be a part of protection, otherwise they seem to have similar armor packages. The only other difference might be due to the different shapes of their respective hulls, but that would likely only have minor impact in game.

3 Likes

Well also the ICV is receiving MMPM ATGMS on the side…

(copium)

2 Likes

Will ICV not have any ATGMs whatsoever? Thats kind of a suprise, I havent been following it but I would have assumed they would slap pn some ATGMs.

Narp, not part of the spec. It’s like Ajax for the UK. It’ll either deploy infantry, or call in support.

I’m honestly surprised the ICV doesn’t have ATGMs, since it’s literally an “Infantry combat vehicle”. The RCV not having it makes sense to me, but as for the ICV, we’ll have to wait and see what Japan does

What ATGM could they give it? Some kind of NLOS atgm maybe, they are popular at the moment.