Fair Play: March 2024

and the next time my friend was banned because he is good and others report him out of frustration

Only ground RB and naval RB require EAC.
Air modes don’t have it.

Good to hear ! I may have a chance not to loose next 10 games.

Some news for you guys Responding to the recent vulnerability exploit :)

7 Likes

Glad to see it wasn’t an RCE, appreciate the transparency

1 Like

Now however you can say that with 100% certainty. Because now we actually know. Responding to the recent vulnerability exploit

Good to know it wasnt rce but concerning devs had a skill issue and left such a thing in code

2 Likes

its literally impossible to find and plug all exploits/holes/issues because many are not even known to exist before someone maliciously uses them.
not only that but patching the game can inadvertently create vulnerabilities in areas not even changed with the patch but just interacting with the part that did change.
its a constant cat and mouse game that never ends.

2 Likes

Only two out of the five incredibly blatant aimbotters I reported since the last ban list are on this ban list.
Disappointing.

To be precise, of the AB/RB modes, only ground RB, naval AB and naval RB require EAC currently.

Also naval AB.

In case people were curious which squadrons were winning the “most banned players” award before today’s ban list came out:

Spoiler

And after:

Spoiler

From https://darkthunder.io/en/squads

3 Likes

Stop spreading unproven myths. It wasnt a problem in EAC and it wasnt RCE

Great job. Keep up the good work.

good news

So what, this disconnect exploit isnt something that happens because you missed one line

Interesting how the average player level is dropping:

Spoiler

The squadron data above shows that there are several squadrons, some of which have SQB sideflags, like DHT0, that are accumulating large numbers of banned players by this. Maybe it’s time to start looking at sanctions on squadrons too. Removal of those side flags if 20% of your current membership is banned from the game might be a good start. (Squadrons that don’t want that black mark can always kick the banned members, too, of course.)

1 Like

On the current RB leaderboard, the top 4 players were all caught in this month’s ban wave (all air base botters). Great to see.

I would watch out if I were you, “Draglagandping”…

Spoiler

It isn’t that simple, and almost never is.
As I understand it this one was a package exploit where the hacker had deconstructed the information packages that is sent between client and server and had then made a program that reconstructed them to look the same but with new information to make it look like they where sent from a player with a different name. Not replacing the ones that his own client sent but hiding the extra packages together with his own to make it look like another client sent them and replacing other players packages. That way he could send commands to the server to “log out” that looked like they came from the other players.

So what was missing from Gaijin was a package check for that specific problem. A check otherwise never needed.

But this is WAY oversimplified and might not even be correct. I’m just going on the information from Gaijin and doing some logical deductions but I might very well be wrong.

One thing I’m certain about is that it isn’t as simple as neglect or “missing one line”.

I’m on PS, and I’ve been seeing the same problem with naval AB. I’ve never seen it before this most recent naval event started, and it will happen now several times a day. This kind of reminds me of an exploit from a few years ago where someone had a specific kind of custom vehicle skin that would cause players games to crash if they looked at them, and the only way to combat it was to set the skins you could see to semi-historical. This feels a little different though. It treats it like a disconnect, but when you get back to the hangar, you are treated like you just left the match early. If you restart, it will give you the option to reenter the match you were just kicked from. It’s wierd, and I’m really beginning to think that this is being induced by someone rather than a random server error.

1 Like

Same here - the problem with those re-enterings in Air RB is that you are quite often crashed in the meantime as those de-connections happen, ofc, during fights - and the massive increase of such events is very suspicious.

I mean i played quite often SWBF 1(2015) years ago (and even from time to time these days as there are still full lobbies available) - and these artificial lags happen mainly if you meet or get near players (friendly and enemies) which have cheat scripts running, doesn’t matter if they use wall-hacks, aimbot or input-lag cheats…

So it is almost impossible to hit enemies with my beloved DLT 19X sniper rifle even if they are just 50-100 meters away and are almost stationary. And this in contrast that i am usually able to hit fast moving enemies 300-500 meters away…

2 Likes