F-22 Raptor

Launched Satan-2 Nuclear ballistic missile

1 Like

The shape of the intake and ram materials used on said intake are not correct. The radar blocker shape is unknown, the test is not worth its salt.

The shape of the intake and ram materials used on said intake are not correct. The radar blocker shape is unknown, the test is not worth its salt.

The shape of the inlet is 99% to the real thing even if it is not 100% correct. The RAM material is not supposed to be the exact one used on Su-57 (since it is obviously impossible to know that), but the RAM material used is the same between Rafale/F-35/J-20 and Su-57 simulation. For the purpose of finding out which aircraft have better shape for stealth , that is as good as it can get in public sector

The exact shape of the radar blocker is not as important as you think it is, consider that the blocker in the simulation is at an angle with the inlet wall, it will cause all radar wave enter the inlet to bounce multiple times. This is a unique interaction of cavity reflection (outer fuselage does not benefit from this) . With RAM on inlet wall, the interaction can make the strength of return signal reduced by 50 dB (100,000 times).

the simulation also simulate RCS at lower frequency range where radar wave can’t enter the inlet cavity due to wavelength

Basic shape, parts, etc are wrong so no. Might as well be less than 10% accurate.

His research is not correct, he has forgotten a few details

I would love to see the raptor in the game. There’s plenty of aircraft and variants to lead up to it though so it may take a long time. With that being said I think they will start with the F-117. For it to be useful though i believe it should be spawned at a great altitude. Even with stealth someone is gonna see it eventually and with it having zero air to air capabilities. The high altitude is needed to stay away from the eyes of fighters for at least long enough to be useful. They didn’t have a radar so they had (i say again) ZERO AIR TO AIR CAPABILITIES. With that being said it had an Infra Red Acquisition and Designation System (IRADS) for ground pounding.

Gotta say, what you have discussed in regards to the Su-57 has been much more informative and puts information that I’ve heard into significantly better context. I respect it as a functioning stealth aircraft now at least.

Deflects nuke, hires doom slayer, I win.

Might be related, but would the JATM and PL-15 come to this game?

Not related, I’m jp, idk

Wdym?

Maybe use this thread for PL-15

Or this one for both

Basic shape, parts, etc are wrong so no. Might as well be less than 10% accurate.

what exact part are wrong?, How is it less than 10% accurate?, You can’t just baselessly claim it is wrong just because the result doesn’t follow your belief. I would like to any simulation in public sector doing better than that

Better images have surfaced of the intake on the internet since the simulation was made.

The resolution of the model is extremely poor. The intake shape is wrong. The simulation is not valid.

This thread has better images and explanation in regards to the workings of the Su-57 intake.

On the note of the F-22, the air bypass doors and other systems are visible in this image:

Yeah, the resolution of the simulation isn’t the best but to say that it is “extremely poor” is huge exaggeration especially when compared to other simulation that is available in public sector, unless you can rent an anechoic chamber it doesn’t really get better since they all based on mesh. Besides, even the physical model that Central Scientific Research Institute of the Aerospace Forces of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation ( NII VVKO) used for RCS prediction of F-35, F-18 …etc aren’t really that accurate to the real thing to be honest.

Blockquote
This thread has better images and explanation in regards to the workings of the Su-57 intake.

I have read that thread several times before, I still I don’t see how exactly you come up with the conclusion that the inlet shape is so wrong that the simulation is invalid. Especially when we consider that the slanted blocker will cause multi bounce reflection, then with RAM inside the inlet, the multi bounce will reduce reflection strength by -50dB due to multi bounce. So even if they manage to get the inlet shape 99% wrong, the reflection from there only contributed a small part in the total RCS

1 Like

Other sims being extremely poor doesn’t make this one any less poor

The models give only a general idea.They don’t give accurate data
Moreover, the air intakes are not modeled at all
P.S I forgot to write it.The models and grid modeling of those guys is shit.

We first need to see how the gameplay with new Fox 3 goes. Adding such modern stuff isn’t good for a game and would be just useless for everyone who wants to enjoy top tier. Its just my opinion but war was always a race about who has the better weapons so its pretty hard to balance it. Cuz they always waant to be better then the other once. Most important is that there is not really a plane which is as strong as such a plane. Maybe as a boss fight but this won’t be added I’m sure.

being poor or good is relative, it hard to argue that something is of bad quality when there isn’t anything better. In this case, the even the physical model used by NII VVKO are quite far from the shape of the real plane