F-22 Raptor

General Characteristics
Battle Rating: 15.7
Type: Stealth Fighter
Stealth(POV:F-14B, Radar Detection): Front(Of F-22): 0.0016km Back(Of F-22):2km
Stealth Info: You can detect it but like 80% to fail or something.
Radar: AN/APG-77(V)1 AESA
Cannon: M1A2 Vulcan 480 rounds
Speed: 2,778.3kmh or Mach 2.25 or 1726.3mph
Research: 1,575,000 RP
Cost: 7,000,000 SL

Set-up:
Side Internal Weapons Bay: 1, 7
Primary Internal Weapons Bay: 2,3,4,5,6
External Hardpoints: -2,-1, 8, 9

Air Armament 1
Point 1: AIM-9M/X Sidewinder
Point 2: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Point 3: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Point 4: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Point 5: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Point 6: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Point 7: AIM-9M/X Sidewinder

Ground Armament:
Point 1: AIM-9M/X Sidewinder
Point 2: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM or 2 x 250lbs GBU-39 SBD
Point 3: 1000lbs GBU-32 JDAM or 2 x 250lbs GBU-39 SBD
Point 4: 1000lbs GBU-32 JDAM or 2 x 250lbs GBU-39 SBD
Point 5: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM or 2 x 250lbs GBU-39 SBD
Point 7: AIM-9M/X Sidewinder

External Weapons
Hardpoint -1: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Hardpoint -2: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Hardpoint 8: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM
Hardpoint 9: AIM-120C/D AMRAAM

Other Armament
Hardpoint -1: 600gal Tank or 5000lbs of Armament
Hardpoint: -2: 600gal Tank or 5000lbs of Armament
Hardpoint 8: 600gal Tank or 5000lbs of Armament
Hardpoint 9: 600gal Tank or 5000lbs of Armament

10 Likes

I wonder if we will ever see stealth aircraft. Im imagining it will be hard to balance. But none the less, would be an interesting addition. I think we’ll have to wait for the F-117 and see how the game “reacts” to it first

6 Likes

With how radars are in game currently, I don’t think stealth aircraft would be very stealth. Closest to being stealth at least for top tier jets is turning your radar off so people don’t know your around.

1 Like

Yep… and if it was modeled truly. Top tier would just be F22 vs F22, and nothing else would exist, at least in the BVR phase. The game needs a great deal of maturing to do before its ready for that. Though at least with something like the F-117, the issues can be ironed out, without adversly affecting the game for most.

3 Likes

If they decided to add the F22, at least in air RB, a way they could balance while still giving it a stealth aspect is you need to be much closer to anyone using the f22 or other stealth aircraft for the name tag to appear

1 Like

I personally would say so too

1 Like

hi guys so they decided to also put the f22 raptor? Do you know when they will post it?

1 Like

what do you mean? the f22 isnt anounced for war thunder if you mean that, if anything will need another year or 2 until that one appears

At speeds below the speed of sound.*

It’d be 1 mil SL & 400k RP, let’s be honest here.

@Morvran

Definitely will. IR missile meta will come back for it, that and players will fly their stealth aircraft above mach 1 & with external stores.
Do we really think WT players will limit themselves to 4 missiles & subsonic speeds on F-35 for example? :)

1 Like

Some would. Especially in things like ASB. I just think the cons for adding stealth would be greater than the pros

We’ll see.
They’re only resistant to the intense yelling from radars tho.
IR missiles will still see the heat.
WT should have it easier to notch & dodge ARHs than DCS, and DCS is somewhat easy when you’re aware of their launches.

As always. The other issue is balancing it for all nations. There is already some issues at top tier with some nations have capable jets, and others not.

F22 for US
Su-57 for USSR
F-35 for a few other nations, maybe, but its better suited for CAS

This leaves a lot of nations at a potentially major disadvantage.

Not against it, but i think it needs to be a cautious addition. Prehaps an event needs to be done before they start working on them. See how the community responds to “stealth”

1 Like

I mean if the f22s will be inserted in the game later? if you have any information

Well, reduced-visibility fighters like Su-57 & Rafale will exist.
Technically USSR & France won’t have anything stealth. Though there are over 2 years of BR additions to add before stealth is a serious position, so that gives USSR-compatible countries & France to consider things IRL to give Gaijin an idea of what to add for them.
But yeah, it’d be F-35 for USA, Italy, Britain, Japan, Israel, Sweden [Finland], Germany.
J-20 for China.

Yeah, i hated the period of time where everyone was in F4s and now its F-16s. Makes ASB a pain in the butt. So everyone being in F-35s would kinda suck. Though id rarely touch it. Would always be in a typhoon.

1 Like

like i said there isnt, nothing at all, only confirmed aircraft to come this year is a gripen variant, but that is far below f22 as well

F-22 has a much reduced RCS, and its coating also reduced thermal signature.

o_0
oh, its “reduced-visibility” now, lol

Su-57 was always reduced visibility.
No one claimed it was stealth in the military industry.

1 Like

isnt it classified as a stealth fighter by russia lol?

1 Like