F-16C Missing Critical Mods

• Add PAWS
  • Murica bad
0 voters

The F-16C has been in the game for a little while, and with the introduction of the Belgian F-16s a deficiency has been exposed. The USAF signed a contract for the exact same PAWS warning system with flares that is now being added.

Lets get this implemented to all vehicles that can carry it, the more the merrier!

Here is the bug report:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/eRu8eqCzRgB0

As the system is fairly new, there are not many pictures available.

4 Likes

It could also get towed decoys, mounted on the same pylons. Though that is a bit of a stretch because nothing like that is in game yet.

3 Likes

This thread also serves as a place to report other missing ordinance,

such as the inner pylon GBUs:

Screenshot 2023-09-05 175518

I can already tell you that bug report is going to get rejected.

Its the best source available, and its primary. Gaijin used weaker sources than that for the Belgians.

It’s most definitely not a primary source and no they didn’t.

And it has been denied.

there are literally no other docs or pics for it. That doc and a smattering of less credible ones are the only proof until the US starts flying with them.

1 Like

A primary DOD source acknowledging the contract

Elbit Systems of America Inc., Fort Worth, Texas, has been awarded a $471,634,000 ceiling firm-fixed-price contract for F-16 sustainment. This contract provides for a pylon-based infrared missile warning system for the F-16 platform. Work will be performed in Fort Worth, Texas, and is expected to be complete by February 2030. This award is the result of a competitive acquisition and one offer was received. National Guard and Reserve Equipment Account funds in the amount of $17,050,000 are being obligated at the time of award. The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hill Air Force Base, Utah, is the contracting activity (FA8232-20-D-0003). (Awarded Feb. 28, 2020).

Image of an ANG F-16C with the PIDSU pylon

PIDSU family of pylons which should be drop in replaceable.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?
What weaker sources?
Belgian and Netherlands have their tail numbers showing + the flare systems attached.
That’s the opposite of weak.

And US F-16’s have been running the PIDS pylons since the late '80s.

1 Like

You need evidence.
The evidence I looked for is them equipped to aircraft showing their tail numbers so I can fact-check their record on the F-16 database.

Would finding the unit that has that tail flash be acceptable?

134th FS, Vermont ANG

2 Likes

T/N is probably #86-0336, somewhere between 2016 and 2018.

2 Likes

Bug Reported

Here’s my bug report with a bit more sources and two more pictures of US F-16s having at least the PIDSU with more countermeasures

4 Likes

Great report, lets keep it moving in the algorithm!

I’m not a GBU expert, but that front cap thing does not look right lol

F-16C (& A-10C, F-15E, F/A-18E / -F, AV-8B, F-35) to receive modified AGM-179’s (AGM-187A), to be mounted on BRU-61/A.

They use a dual mode (SALH & MMW) seeker and are set to replace Mavericks, and have a listed range of up to +24km.

4 Likes