F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

None of which prove your point. Your point was Gaijin used the most accurate designation unless none was there, I gave examples of vehicles they literally cut out the prototype designation out of the priginal name (See “Type 87 (P)” for the Type 87 RCV, when the prototype was known as RCV)

You can call it pedantic all you want, that’s your opinion, but don’t pretend there is no issue here just because you don’t care.

People can read what I wrote, they will see that is not at all what it was. This strategy might’ve worked in pre school, but on a written discussion nobody will fall for it.

2 Likes

Just checked some of the F15 features, but when shooting a AIM-7M, I don’t see the shoot que lights in the cockpit coming on. Shouldn’t those light up when all the launch parameters are met?

Just unlocked & crewed F-15A (at first wanted to get F-15J but - even with a talisman - F-4EJ Kai is nothing but a pain) Anyways, after couple games with completely stock f-15 i almost went insane. Games often end too quick for going AI or ground targets, how do you even stock grind this aircraft? With only two 9Ls and Ms being Tier IV it looks like a quite grind…

1 Like

Its possibly worst stock grind at top tier RN.

1 Like

yeah already spaded 27 and 4000, they were relatively easy but eagle is on the other hand looks quite atrocious. Those stock 9Ls should be swapped with 9Ms…

3 Likes

Tbh, no 12.3 should have no IRCCM missile as stock. And they should be at same mod levels across the board, not that one gets it level one able to equip 6 of them while other needs to grind till level 4…

1 Like

Great read on F-15 design and history from an at the time aerodynamics project engineer.

5 Likes

Yeah that sucks so bad, on the su-27 stock you get 2 archers and the 6 r73 loadout is a tier 1 mod… Unfair af when comparing to the eagle

1 Like

Meanwhile su-27 starts with R-73 and gets access to them immediately at tier 1 mod.

You have to suffer Aim-9Ls subpar performance with no HMD till tier 4 in Eagle. Sounds alright.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was hell grinding through the 15J with Aim9Ls.

Range is definitely not what it used to be for either the M or L as well.

Range is not really a concern for me but the IRCCM part is. It is a day and night in comparison when you switch from Ls to Ms, which is the only saving grace for this aircraft as F-16 does pretty much everything better at the cost of 2 less missiles.

In all honesty Eagle is fun to fly but it has plenty of drawbacks as of right now. My only real complaint is the radar and sparrow combo as it drops the lock for some stupid reason and sparrows refuse to score a hit 50% of the time even in almost perfect conditions.

2 Likes

These limits are based on N-019 circuity, not on flight manuals. I took rejection filters position and carrier frequency of 11 GHz to provide speed limits. The real operating frequency range may be little bit lower (9-10 GHz) and limits may be little bit higher because of this. But not too much.

We don’t have information about notch filter working in track mode, but we have it for search modes. Tracking of notching target is impossible just because of ground clutter presence in the range and speed gate.

4 Likes

F-15 FM got changed but i still think it’s overperforming at least at low speeds, got 21 deg/s STR at 450-460 kph (10 min fuel)

How is the F-15 after the changes, can’t tell wether it’s a nerf of a buff from what’s been said so far.

Can you elaborate please?

Because in the other topic we actually feel it’s quite right now.
F-15’s current flight performance

Full datamine here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/18l7fc9/datamine_233017_233027/

Yes I know, I still can’t really tell what that means when put together for overall performance in game. I can’t test it myself at the moment, how does the plane feel in comparison to before, not compared to real life.

With mouse aim, i flew the f15 and got 21 deg/s STR with minimal fuel and 19 deg/s with 20 minutes fuel at sea level at ~460 kph, are these values right or the changes didn’t come live?

How about you balance Sparrows for once instead of using this horrible artificially nerfed Russian Bias model for them you have now. Its one thing to buff the R-27ER to overperform by a large margin as you have but also to nerf the sparrow into the ground (literally) is unacceptable.

FIX THE SPARROW. FIX THE F-15 RADAR. Its ridiculous how you model Western radars and missiles. Its time to make a balance game and drop the bias.

That is performing correctly.
Cause minimum fuel is well below the 35000 pounds it was tested at IRL.