F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

Anybody can make F-15C turning performance App - DCS Modding - ED Forums
F-15C Energy Maneuverability Diagram Generator work? I’ve never been able to and dunno if you can do anything to get the options for weight, drag and altitude and I’m illiterate on PC/app stuff

I will call F-15C F-15SMT.

Military thrust is also underperforming at the moment at ceiling for the PW220
I tested at 37k lbs gross weight(55% fuel)
With 2 engines running and 0 drag index my flight ceiling is supposed to be 50-51kft.
2024-06-02
In game I lose speed till I eventually stall the plane.
I had to go down to 44kft to have a small velocity loss that could only be viewed on the hud, Mach number as its 3 digits after the dot.
The funny thing is that an eagle with the PW220s has a ceiling of 45k ft with only 1(ONE) engine running
2024-06-02 (3)

At the moment military thrust envelope is like this I think?
F15 220 level flight

7 Likes

and never take Centerline pylons nor fuel tanks there. A centerline pylon has 2.5x times as much drag as a single amraam in the fuselage. A single center line tank has 12.2 drag index while both fuel tanks on the wing have a combined drag index of 11

1 Like

They still haven’t fixed the MiG-29 and F-16.

1 Like

Does the game treat dropping the wing tanks having the same drag as if you never took them in the first place? Meaning there’s pretty much zero downside to them as you can jettison them for same performance as without?

Also, I’m not familiar with these charts and reading them but, compared to the PW-100, how are the PW-220s? I know the absolute max performance is lower but a tad and reading says better dynamic thrust, but what does that translate to, in laymans terms in WT?

they never will.

yes, I think

No. what you thing you know is wrong. PW220s provide more thrust in all regimes. To give you a idea, F15A couldn’t overspeed. The F15C in the same conditions is actually able to overspeed itself below 42k ft.

Higher top speed
Higher acceleration
higher service ceiling

3 Likes

Ah I see. I was reading off wikipedia (I know lol) which mentions:

“The -220 engine produces static thrust of 14,590 lbf (64.9 kN) in military (intermediate) power and 23,770 lbf (105.7 kN) afterburning, very slightly lower than the static thrust of the -100/200, but the -220 has better dynamic thrust across most of the envelope.”

That’s good to know, thank you. Hopefully Gaijin does model the difference.

@MaMoran20

Ok, so what happens when they action this report?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/QOfXZESskayH

Also its funny considering that this one’s not a bug not a duplicate.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/E0e4NOvHiynL

Gaijin is genius.
When they added F-15A, Baz and F-15J. J had bigger wing fuel tanks in damage model because it is based of F-15C which had increased fuel capacity.

So logical action will be use F-15J model as a base for new F-15C MSIP for this patch.

But they used F-15A as a base, so F-15C MSIP, J Kai, and improved Baz has small fuel tanks from A.

3 Likes

It’s a pity that the F-15C did not put 229 engines, they would fix the lack of dynamics.

On this left column ypu have the standard ranges which were similar to the original n001.
For the right, “long range detection mode 150km” its clearly a mode. Perhaps they cut lowered scan speed(longer dwell time) and increased the integration time. This is how VECTOR mode works in the apg63/70.

Then this guy confuses PRF and scanning velocity.

Would have required recertifying the entire flight profile, and had a negative effect on already stretched airframe life.

Should F-15C weight a whole tonn more than F-15A?

Actually it doesn’t need more powerful engines, with PW-220 engines it can beat anything it comes across.

Empty weight is similar to the F-15A , but carries about 900 kg of extra fuel depending on the version, with APG-63V2 radars it is heavier than APG-63V3

Maybe with better engine it will be able to go 1500+ as F-16. the speed his main flaw

In game files it whole tonn heavier than F-15A.

The most powerful version of the F-16 is slightly faster up to about 15-20,000 ft, above that altitude the F-15 is more powerful. And for that, the PW-220 engines are sufficient.

At sea level ingame F-15 cannot go further than 1480. F-16 goes 1500+.