F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

F-15C can reach Mach 2.38 at 10000 meters, should have a bit more power :)

In the real world, Block 50/52s are a bit faster to about 20,000 ft.

In case nobody noticed: Community Bug Reporting System

1 Like

In the dev server:

The F-15C has 7910 kgf afterburing, should have around 10,781 kgf or 23770 pounds force.
https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196437/pratt-whitney-f100-pw-220/
If this is not offical idk what is

1 Like

This is static thrust on the stand. Ingame thrust is thrust taking into account losses on air intakes

Meh. It’s a game anyways. Lmao :))

I think this is the thrust graph for the PW-200, you can see how the thrust changes with altitude and speed.

041dfc2d9193faf1fda1407eb56ee763c3c1a8f6_2_909x1000

1 Like

Even then channel loss seems pretty high considering it should be around 3-6 percent iirc.

Is that even accurate in the first place?

Going to need some source materials my guy. For example Fox Hunter doesn’t scan top to bottom then jump to the top again;

Spoiler

10781*0.9=9702
As it is, the calculation is not entirely correct.It is necessary to take the full characteristics of the engine for calculation.Well, how will the simplified one go

1 Like

owo???

1 Like

IIRC it’s Tornado ADV radar

1 Like

Installed thrust on the F-15A/C with PW-100 and 220 engines is approximately 19,000 lb.

I don’t mean that all of them should scan each frame from the top, just that the jets we had in game that scanned like that suddenly don’t. I will try to provide some sources, just in case.

Spoiler

You can also see that reflected in the code (or rather not, since the configs did not change, yet the behaviour did). barsOneWay is responsible for that. Here is the Sapphire 21:

For 3 bars it is set to false and it scans top-mid-bottom-bottom-mid-top
For 2 bars it is set to true and it scans top-bottom-top-bottom

Similar thing is present on the Sapphire 23 series. They have it also set to false so they repeat top and bottom lines.

My guess would be that since on a lot of other radars (like APG-66 or N-019) that line is not present and the default was true. May be in this update the default behaviour was set to false, so now they all have that variable implicitly set to true.
But then again, it is hard to go off of just configs.

I know that -34 for the F-16 and F-15 have that info, but not sure if I can use them. There are cockpit videos of the 16 that show bars scanning one way only (not for 3 bar tws, tho, but that one is special)
The radar manual for the 29 should have that info, I will need to dig it up.

Found the 29 (and probably 27, as they use the same computer)

Spoiler

how’s the situation regarding the reports on the f15c radar?

I know, I’ve just gotta make the joke

Here is a cockpit video of an F-16 (27:09). The mode is RWS with 4 bars and 120° azimuth. You can see on the left, the radar elevation indicator carrot (sideways T) starts at the top, goes down to second bar, then third, then 4rth, and them comes back to the top for the first.

1 Like

That’ll do then :)

3 Likes

Only E eagle can take Mk82 on CFTs?