Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

Thats why i also included combat scenario.

The flight range of the RVV-MD(40km) is indicated from official information from the Russian military museum “Park Patriot”

RVV-MD

I think you would struggle to make it go 5km man

You understand that this distance is indicated under ideal conditions. Perhaps even somewhere in the stratosphere

Yes, there are doctrinal differences for level of classification. MBDA have always underestimated the range of their missiles and often by somewhere close to half.

For example the Meteor missile is officially listed as a 100km+ missile by SAAB, but the Japanese tender for Meteor suggested in excess of 300km.

This is why I say Gaijin will probably just take the figures and plug it into the code and see what the resultant range turns out as. ASRAAM has very low drag, whilst having a high booster volume too.

2 Likes

It all depends on the launch altitude, the target altitude and many other parameters.

20km in very optimal conditions yes.

Another factor about the Meteor is that it’s throttleable ramjet means it will be able to control it’s energy over said range, unlike current missiles it will be able to manoeuvre while in the terminal phase, making it nearly impossible to dodge

Wait. What? Source dude)

If my memory serves me right, the MBDA Meteor should fly 200 km with a good energy reserve.

Meteor’s primary feature is not some excessively long range thats mostly bogus anyways (especially on single stage missiles like r-37, pl-15 or phoenix) but the high PK

2 Likes

I am more interested in seeing the new or upgraded meteor missile that is supposedly under development. But that will probably take time.

that high PK won’t be reflected in game if the seeker isn’t modelled right

and considering how current fox3 seeker are modelled i’m not too optimistic

even without a later seeker activation it would have improved PK

How do you know about this? Can I have the source?

FYI you need to click the post, as the images don’t appear to load from a quote when hidden behind spoiler tags.

Can you explain this in more detail? I don’t understand this drawing.

The Meteors No Escape Range is the 3x larger than an AMRAAM, this means the typical range for a non manoeuvring for AMRAAM is around the same as the NEZ for Meteor.

2 Likes

So what? This doesn’t mean that the R-37M and PL-15 can’t fly 300 km

straight line maybe, but NEZ says manoverability,
He is speaking about effective range i think. Its nice R-73M /PL15 might fly 300km, but they will hit nothing if they only fly straight