Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

hard cap there.
it can mount it and it has an open architecture software so its easy to implement but it is definitely not rated for all nato munitions.

STEP 1 EK is more of an f-16 wild weasle.
STEP 2 will be like a Growler with dedicated jammer pods, likely built by Hensoldt. they’re cooking some stuff rn

1 Like

I belive the E model is rated for all equipment but having access to either all of it or most of it is one of their buggest selling points. If you can find stuff that isnt brand new that isn’t on it pls do but most of if not all general purpose weapons are available from the get go.

it is simply not rated for “all equipment”.
again, its easier to rate it for new equipment due to its architecture but it is not currently rated for them.
Saab likes to advertise like this, the same way EF advertises other weapons
because guess why

thats right, its expensive and saab definitely does not want to shoulder the cost

Ehhhhhh bit late but XG-40 was. Which is what EJ200 was derived from so an argument can be made that is an RR engine. As foe those component splits thats simply the workshare not who developed what.

o

3 Likes

will gaijiin when they add the aim9x , asraam, r73m give also the german eurofighter the asraam? iris t is too advanced but in this meanwhile having no competing missile would be devestating

Cuz man it would suck to be stuck at an aim9 in another nation while the other already can use advanced ir missiles

For the 10th thousand time. All euros are pretty much equal.
This includes iris-t and asraam capabilities. They just have different strengths.
The next generation it missles will all come together.
You wont see only aim 9x etc

2 Likes

The IRIS-T and ASRAAM are asymmetrical equivalents. The IRIS-T is better at short range, and the ASRAAM is better at medium, however both have extremely powerful IRCCM’s, TVC, speed, and max G loads. If one is added, the other is also.

4 Likes

Not to detract from your point, but ASRAAM does not have TVC.
But yes, both are extremely powerful missiles, just in different ways.
The easiest way to explain is that ASRAAM was intended to prevent the enemy from surviving long enough to merge.
IRIS-T was designed to prevent the enemy surviving the merge.
Both have their merits.

7 Likes

I was unaware of that. Regardless, however, it’s still extremely manoeuverable compared to what we have right now.

1 Like

thats is explained it very well as well, but man, i am just feed up with misty at this point constantly repeating this questions when it has been explained to him multiple times.
Not mentioning if we realy wanted we could push for asraams on german euros since there is proof for them being used.
But we just dont wanna cause we want the euros to have a bit of difference and all of them will be realy strong.
And its war thunder, even if we speak about the range aspect, it will always come to dogfights, this is still the case with fox 3s and will continue on, so IRIS-T will not be useless either

now you are saying you are fed up but its the first time i asked a question like this literally search it up

you sure you want me to count how many times we told you the eurofighters will be equal at this point?

literaly going trough your profiles posting history, its all eft stuff about which is better etc, when we told you repeatetly how it is.

And not like even then the asraam, iris-t discussion needs you 2 seconds to use the freaking forum search feature to find it

bro i didnt ask how different they will be. I literally asked if the iris t werent to be added because of what i thought was too modern that the german and italian eurofighter also had a chance to get asraam. BUT NO you have to say “i am fed up you asking the same question”. I know that they are pretty much equal but literally i didnt ask if they are equal. What are you on about

like read into the questions before answering jesus

ok lemme explain it to you like you are a preschooler,
being equal means means that their choice of weaponry is just as good between each other as well
meaning iris-t and asraam are both just as good as the other.

If one of those 2 main armaments would beat the other drasticaly/ would be so much better. We would have told you a long time ago, this or that eurofighter is so much better BECAUSE it has access to drasticaly stronger missles.

But the fact that their performance as well as their weaponry is so similar and equal just with different strong points is exactly what makes all typhoons equivalent to each other.

Only exception being austrian typhoons, but we dont talk about those. They are the little brother nobody likes

I already get that long time ago that they are equal!
My question once again was, if gaijin decided to NOT add the iris t because they think its too op or like germany suffering, but give the britains asraam, americans aim9x, russian r73m and so on. IF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN could gaijin ALSO GIVE ASRAAM to the germans? I didnt ask the capabilities of the eurofighters, i know they are pretty much equal, I GAVE YOU A SITAUTION that could happen if gaijin does what they like to do and that is let nations suffer for a while. Okay you answered me already that its unlikely that they dont add the iris t with the asraam and aim9x. BUT I DIDNT ASK the same question as before. Before I asked which one is better (that was days ago).
Sorry for all the writing but i want to make things clear Shini
Thank you for reading at all of that

again iris-t equal to asraams, meaning they come together, gajin knows that as well, the whole enxt generation of IR missles is coming together because nations will complain else. Just like R-73 and AIM 9M came together in the end

AIM 9X, python 5, r73m (if i got that one right), IRIS-T, ASRAAM, AAM-5, all together are the next generations of missles. And basicaly introducing any of those without the other will lead to giant drama it wont happen, all or none

Its literaly common knowledge, those are matters discussed to death and gajin is aware of those

yeah and we literaly told you they are equal, which pretty much means as well they are coming together

there are some stupid questions that can be asked and you find them. Because you ask questions that have already been answered

I don’t want to detract the thread from being overall a primarily Eurofighter thread but I can def see the AIM-9X Block 1 coming before the other IIR missiles since to my understanding it has no LOAL, datalink, or IOG. All characteristics that normally apply to the other IIR missiles. AIM-9X Block 1 is a weird in-between current missiles and proper IIR missiles. That is not also to say that AIM-9X just overall would be worse than the other missiles in terms of manueverability and range.