Dutch and Belgian Aircraft are Joining the French Tree!

you haven’t made a point! You post a photo of nothing and go “seeeee”

I agree that France is also a very bad choice for the Netherlands, but so is Germany (an even worse choice if gaijin were to do a whole sub-tree).

At least as the BeNeLux subtree it’s still somewhat coherent.

It still should be an independent tech tree.

3 Likes

Yes, you get it.

Germany and the Netherlands makes a lot of sense, France makes little to no sense.

Benelux also makes little sense.

Just further dilution of nation quality and further spreading the same vehicles around for easy copy paste and no need to balance anything when almost half the nations with Sweden, Germany, France and Italy all use the same top tier vehicles.

1 Like

The Netherlands/Belgium could be its own TT though. Their is an entire techtree made already.

And not just for aviation. Even ground and naval techtrees have been made.

The one Gaijin added. There are also two Dutch aircraft under the Finnish subtree for Sweden.
There is a whole tech tree that could have been added if Gaijin wasn’t lazy and would have taken more time and put some effort in new models.

And when you really look in this Fan-made TT of Benelux:
The copy paste is all over the place

It’s not because you rename a plane, that it automatically become something else ^^"

In such, Benelux was not able to create a TT with at least 1 original aircraft for each rank.

(I do not really care about Ground/naval vehicules, despite my respect to Benelux people)

The only think that should be looked at are the R.36 and R.37/38 prototypes, the Koolhoven F.K58, Fokker D.23 prototype (similar to J-21 in Swedish TT)

That’s 2 aircrafts and 3 prototypes

1 Like

I respect your opinion about the techtree. But it must be said that the bigger picture for the BeNeLux (So the air, ground and navy) is quite good, and would have made for an excellent techtree.

That is what bothers me the most, the fact that the air tree lacks uniqueness past Rank III/IV is being used to say that the BeNeLux as a whole cannot work as a standalone techtree.

2 Likes

You currently only showed me what Air TT would looked like, and yet i found that from rank 1 to early rank 3, it would have been possible.

but there no uniqueness at high rank, unlike France, China, or even UK.

Oh my apologies, I thought the ground a bluewater tree posts had been shared here already.

As is the case for any new independent techtree proposal on the forum, even these trees are not perfect. Here are the main points that I am aware of:

Ground tree: lacking in rank II and III uniqueness and no unique MBT’s.
Naval tree: no heavy cruisers or bigger.

But positives are that the ground tree has many cockerill projects that are all over Rank IV and higher. The armoured cars present at high tiers are very capable.
And the naval tree is 100% unique (there are a few foreign ships present in the tree proposal, but those can easiliy be left out without harming the tree), and the lack of heavy cruisers can be filled slightly by other unique armored cruisers that will be interesting to see ingame.
But still, no battleships sadly

2 Likes

For both, Ground and Naval those trees are much more plausible.

If Gaijin do have enough time to create those entirely, they would do as they have done for Italy when Italy was part of Germany :
Adding new French indigeneous aircrafts + hide the Benelux Line then copy paste those to the new TT.

Like this, Benelux have a way to exist early in the game, and is still possible to change that back later on.

The most problematic point, as told ealier are in AIR TT, as Designs of early rank III of your own proposal, are already subpar to every Rank 3 aircrafts in the game, killing the uniqueness to Rank1 and 2 (if further implementation is made, because even the R37/R38 prototypes seems subpar to all other Early Rank3 in game.

And apart overtiered Bombers (T.9) nothing is going to supply for interesting designs later on. ^^"

2 Likes

That is true, aircraft wise the tree will be a bit boring. The only things that can be done to make it more unique is by adding aircraft that aren’t ingame yet. Like Gaijin used to do in the past in order to make trees a bit more unique.

About the unique aircraft in Rank III tho, most are armed with the Belgian 13.2mm FN-Browning machine gun. These are the same as seen on some Swedish planes ingame. So the Rank III planes do have very powerfull machine guns.

2 Likes

Differences mades that they’re often 6x.12.7mm or coupled with some 20mm/30mm guns on others aircrafts

Yet the R-38 only have 4 of those, and Gaijin could go with a 4x7.7mm variant too

(And also, other Rank 3 are far better Flight model wise, i just checked on)

1 Like

If the A6M5 Ko can be 5.3, the R.38 can definitely be 4.0

A6M5 Ko whatever the variants, is fairly different than Renard R.37/38,…

The Renard is currently a light aircraft that is heavier, less powered engine, and doesn’t turn as good, as it will compress much faster than A6M5,…

Yet the A6M5 is better flight wise, he is also better gun wise thanks to 2x20mm guns+1×13.2mm mg, and 2x7.7mm

So i understand that you complain about the A6M5 being too high in BR,

Meanwhile the main problem is that not a lot of players uses those, and so it doesn’t get lowered in BR as Such as were P-51D’s in US TT(exemple),… they literally got from 5.3 to the current 4.0 of the P-51D-5,…

The reason is the average level of players, ratioed on the number of them, from which both Russia/USA and Germany are getting favorable BR, meanwhile other aircrafts in the game get bullied.

I would enjoy a R38 at 4.3/4.0,… but at least 85% of the current community wouldn’t be able to fly it correctly at 3.0,…

While all this is technically true (hence the lower BR estimate…) the A6M5’s engine is more powerful by only 96 hp nvm it’s actually less powerful by 35 hp, was looking at takeoff power) and the R.38 has a wing loading of 130 kg/m², like that of the Spitfire Mk V (it obviously depends on what FM Gaijin gives it, which is why the BR is only an estimation).

I would also not pick the Zero’s guns over the four 13.2 mm machine guns but that’s my opinion, i really don’t like Japanese LMGs and i don’t find the 20 mm cannon that much more powerful.

Like i said, it depends on the flight model, but the fat cow that the J22 is is already 3.7 with this armament, so i don’t see why a way better turning and much faster climbing J22 wouldn’t be at least 4.0

Your numbers of Engine HP makes me starttle,… but i don’t have time yet, as i did found more HP on a Nakajima NK1F Sakae 21

I’m using the in-game values

I’m pretty sure you did used those,… but it feel weird compared to what we can found elsewhere,… maybe some bug reports to be done #soon tm