Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

maybe he got “not a bug” many times.

I am confused as to the data source here which says it is based on JM33. Did Japan test Chinese tank armor?

1 Like

That’s impossible, maybe it’s just trying to express the data in the game.

1 Like

Overall, it’s a good thing that Gaijin admitted the mistake, although it may be a long wait. This matter has caused a lot of discussion in local Chinese forums, and there are many clichéd theories of ethnic discrimination, which I don’t agree with, but I still hope that gaijin can put an end to the 99A issue.

1 Like

Problem is either way, you csnt do bug reports on code.

Was a jig issue with the frontal add on plate of the leo 2a7v as well

There are hit box error in 99A’s turret.

My friend extracted the hit box of it’s nera, and found it has a gap between it and turret ring

your guess is right, @Shimakazerun ZTZ-99A‘s armor’ :Are Chinese Tank designers not smart or Gaijin make the wrong armor modle?
Issue is editing and will come soon

3 Likes

lmao, such thick armor is filled with air in the middle.

You will definitely encounter this situation:
TrickZZter: We do not accept content related to data mining.
so we need to come up with a more comprehensive solution.

1 Like

not related. it’s just a hit box, can be any shape if not affecting it’s performance.
it’s in this shape because they need it fill the armor pack, and keep it’s uniform thickness, so with suitable armor coefficient, it will be a good solid armor, about 875mm in every part. except now it just has a gap in bottom.

1 Like

Not really, just need to explain to them that it doesn’t make sense to have a massive gap, if they do not accept, we might be able to use the photos of ZTZ99A in production to prove there are no gaps.

I really hate gaijins why they nerfed my favorite tank without any reason, in docs ztz must have 800mm armour without era, but tpday its 480mm cardroboard like bvm but without 6.5 s of reload I think if they nerfed armour they must buff reload speed or dart characterictics

1 Like

and where is spall liners in chinese vehicles?

good job bro

99A turret nera hitbox not match x-ray view and reality. // Gaijin.net // Issues (Rejected)
(New) 99A turret nera hitbox bug. (source added) // Gaijin.net // Issues
In ZTZ-99A’s turret, after the modelling update, the bottom of it’s turret shows a suddenly armor value drop, from about 800mm to about 400mm and lower in lower part. (pic1, pic2, pic3)
From x-ray vision, we can know the armor structure of 99A in game. Compared to the reality, it’s basically same structure, the nera in armor pack fully filled the turret, so in the following part, I will use X-ray view as sample as it’s easier to measure and explain. (pic4, pic5, pic6)
I screenshotted armor view and x-ray view structure from same position, and photoshoped them together, they fit perfectly, no gap. The nera fully filled the armor pack(green 20mm steel box), and placed over the turret ring armor(orange variable armor) without gap. (pic7, pic8)
From armor analysis, we can know the armor of it’s thickest part is from 800-880mm ke, fits the acknowledged PPT from official lecture(over 800mm ke protection).(pic1, pic2)
The armor’s weak point in bottom is about 350-400mm ke by test in armor analysis. (pic3)
We can know the attack angle of front 20mm plate is 39°(pic1), and the back plate is about 63°. (pic9)
20mm rolled armor at 39° is 26mm, tested in WMA-301, test ammo is DTC-10 from ZTZ-99A.(pic10 )
And we know this armor equal ratio won’t change by angles, so 65mm back plate in 63° is 65*38/20 =123.5mm. (pic11)
So turret armor without NERA is 26+123.5+250=398.5, close to the test result, the inaccuracy could be from angle measuring inaccuracy, attack angle inaccuracy, or other problem. All in all, it fits the results.
So there should be some bug, possibly a gap in ZTZ-99A’s turret NERA hit box. From test in armor analysis and custom battles, the gap is about in this area.(pic12)
The armor value of the bottom shouldn’t be so low, it’s still part of the turret’s main armor, APFSDS need to pen ERA, armor plates and the whole nera to reach the crew, and shouldn’t be such a steep drop in KE(CE behaves similar).

warning many pics

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

rejected, new one
99A turret nera hitbox bug. (source added) // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

又被他给光速秒杀了。
He killed me again with the speed of light.

We can make a new one just titled ZTZ99A X-ray error, saying that X-ray does not align with actual hit model, and then say we actually the hit model aligned with X-ray, although I do fear they do it the other way round.

Don’t mention it being an error of hitbox, say it is about X-ray error maybe? Then we can make it become a purely in game error.