[Discussion] Balance, Bias, Matchmaking and Battle Ratings

At its current BR? Not even close, they can just breake off and accelarate into sunset

no lol learn how to intercept/merge on somebody

Since you do not know how I play, you have no basis for commenting on my gameplay, so I’d say shut up. I do know how to merge, and I do get a fair amount of kills, like I said. I like the jet still, however, after the merge, if you fail to hit them in a couple of seconds, they tend to overpower you engine-wise and just leave.

Hello, I’m here today to tell you that I’m tired of this game and I’m tired of it being a biased, sided and deceptive game.

I’m playing with the German tree and I set up the game only for tiger tanks. I gave this game a chance for a considerable time and continued to play despite the tiger tanks exploding with one shot. And I have expressed this situation many times in this forum. I was told, “angle the tanks.” What they didn’t know was that I was already angling the tank. Despite this, tanks are as weak as tin and explode with a single shot. Especially cold war tanks and immortal Russian tanks can easily explode tigers wherever they see them. (I’m not saying every match is like this, but in general it’s ridiculous like this.)

By the way, I would like to say that I created a file just for this fraud and it contains dozens of game replays. I have a file for this nonsense.

Also, the transmissions of the original Tigers explode sometimes, but not in this game. The turret rotation of tiger tanks in this game is also a little fast but it’s ok. Also the tanks are weak as tin in the game, or enemy is so powerfull, and that is not okay. There is no fog mechanism on its body originally. While you are tearing yourself apart saying “angle the tank”, when tiger tank players angle at the most important moments, its barrel rises into the air due to that fog mechanism. (I wanted to write this little nonsense too.)

And let’s also talk about immortal Russian tanks. We owe my writing this article to one of the immortal Soviet tanks I encountered today. He was coming close to me and I shot him 2-3 times. (Su-122-s) There was a T-34 next to him and I shot at him 2-3 times and he did not die. (All records are available, like many others…) Later, the Su-122s blew up my tank with one shot, even though I had fired 2-3 times beforehand. (yes, the Tiger was angled. And yes, the fog mechanism restricted barrel’s movement when you need it.)

This is a game, of course tiger tanks will explode too. But this has to be in a fair ways. (At least like the tank I hit 2-3 times couldn’t blow up my tank.)

What will be the end of this, Gaijin? I believe that you feel the pain of the Germans even after 100 years and there is no point in ruining the game for it. I say this as a non-German. The nonsense you do in this game reverberates throughout the game world and you are only humiliating yourself.

Lmao you have got to be baiting right now

1 Like

Are you kidding me, man? Why would I have such a purpose?

Don’t worry, when you tell the truth in this forum, only two things appear. Silence or the gangs who come to you with their crooked mouths to tell you “angle the tank, it’s a matter of skill, but you have guns too, but you have armor too”.

You’re issue seems to be that you are putting yourself in scenarios where you are one shot. You need to use your armour to your advantage, but never rely on it.

That’s normal for every heavy tank in an uptier.

Can you link it here?

You probably didn’t aim correctly. And the su-122 has a very powerful gun, so you shouldn’t be shot by it in the first place.

Mid tier German is one of the best lineups in the entire game, and I think you just aren’t playing them very effectively. I can’t help out unless I see replays and other stuff.

Hello, I noticed that you never talk about immortal soviet tanks and BR comedy. Whenever someone starts talking about Tiger tanks, you pop up like mushrooms and argue to death. Don’t get me wrong, I admire you. What I can tell you is that I did my best, but my tank is easily exploded from close or far. For some reason, my Tiger tank’s gun cannot easily destroy them. like %60 (Yes, the tanks are at an angle and I hide as much as possible because this tank has no armor.)

I say there is an injustice here and you say “this is (completely) normal” Have you ever wondered why so many people are trying to make a point? Have you ever wondered why people persistently come and write here? Please read and understand what we wrote. Otherwise, we have to tell all of you the same thing over and over again. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not German. I’m not American either.

Sure. First they killed my “angled” tiger then they survived from there and then they came for my Panther D. If I could stop immortal soviets there, Maybe my Panther D was not going to explode by same su-122s. Then I took Vk 3002. Since I thought that the other immortal Soviet tanks would not die with the VK 3002, I started shooting at the planes just for fun and the game was over. Do you know what I mean? The game boring people by this things…
Tiger vs immortal soviets.zip (2.5 MB)

I shot first to Su-122s. And I guess I made 3 shoot to t34. Nope, don’t explode.

The F-14 problem at 12.3 BR ARB

At sub top-tier level of ARB. teams are heavily unbalanced because of the F-14s in general and F-14 spam in the event and probably after which. It usually goes like this:

Even though there are enough US players to have them on both teams, most 12.3 and 12.7 BR foreign planes will be on one team and the rest be different BR US planes. While the other team has all the F-14. The result being games are decided by which team has more F-14 and the other team, which at the BR, unlikely to know how to defend from Fox 3, even more specifically Phoenixes after the multipath changes. Please look at US winrate at 12.3-13.3 on the WT Data Heatmap for proof.

Suggestions for fix:

• Have a special MM clause to balance the number of F-14 on both sides since its the ONLY low BR Fox 3. As even the lowest other countries have is at 13.0
  • Add foreign counterparts i.e. Mig-31, et cetera
  • Probably give the Iranian F-14 to another country than the US.
  • Implement realistic but gamey kinematic characteristics of the Phoenix irl that made them unsuitable against hostile fighters i.e. more energy loss against maneuvering targets etc.
  • Or you can do what you people at Gaijin always do, just bump the BR of the F-14s up 1 step, even more if youre insane.
1 Like

It’s not the F-14s, they’re lowkey mid. It’s people who don’t know how to dodge phoenixes. If gaijin was more comprehensive and taught people how to dodge radar missiles as an in game tutorial we wouldn’t have this issue. Don’t blame one plane because your teammates can’t go sideways or cut the grass.

Only balance that exists in this game is at two BR;s

Reserve tanks and 11.7

Since they can’t screw either by inserting OP premium garbage

It will never be fixed since you expect people that broke it to fix it

Good Luck with that.

Yes, please, educate War Thunder the Video Game players about not having the the first shot advantage in a fight. In fact, people got used to flying low to counter phoenixes in the past, but now it got its multipath buff without any changes to its BR, any implementations of kinematic characteristics that made phoenix unsuitable against fighters. Even after all your team defended it, you are low altitude, defensive and losing the first shot advantage with SARH when you turn back into the fight on a macro scale.

Nothing changes the fact that only one nation got access to Fox-3 at a low BR. An early kill is very valuable for getting the snowball rolling, thats a fully kitted plane out of the fight before they can affect anything. Thats an extra person on the other team getting 2v1 on a micro scale.

Hey man multipathing isn’t actually that hard. I do it because I don’t like notching. It’s pretty easy to do (I hate golan heights). The phoenix actually should have more chaff rejection and better mobility through dual plane.

I’m not denying phoenixes have an impact on the match but if you hate it for that adding more Fox-3 slingers won’t help. The Tomcat would fail spectacularly at higher BRs, look what happens to F-14Bs at 13.7.

The issue isn’t one of 2 people dying, because people crashing on the other team or team kills usually balance that out. The issue is 5 of your teammates dying because they don’t know how to counter it. That my friend, is a skill issue on their part.

(Let’s be real though if they can’t dodge a phoenix they weren’t going to do much for the match anyways)

Please don’t insinuate that I cant defend against Fox 3, I can just fine, I do play top tier from time to time. Just as I won’t make a case against your stats in general and with the Mirage F1 specifically, which I also do fly and meet F-14 regularly.

What I hate is teams unevenly disintegrate because the other team has more F-14 (exacerbated by only 1 nation having it). Leaving the players knowing how to defend swamped by the other team. Even if you say that those players aren’t worth anything, which I disagree, they can still at the very least cost the enemy team missiles and attention by the very act of being there, being shot.

Adding more on the same nation would probably make it worse. Adding more to another nation would partially alleviate this (because WT MM likes to group the same nation together), even if players die off quickly by Fox 3, I would still prefer it to happen equally on both sides a.k.a. a balanced game.

Every plane struggles in a full uptier, but it is better to have one plane suffer than to have the whole lobby does. Even so, it isn’t even my preferred solution, just the lazy one that Gaijin usually opt for.

I never intended to insinuate you didn’t know how to dodge Fox-3s, I’m sorry if I came off that way. I won’t say I’m the best player in the world either, this is a new account and I’m trying to get used to playing on Xbox after I was forced to sell off my PC and lost the old account because you can’t transfer accounts between the two from PC :(

It is certainly an issue that the match maker doesn’t assist in. The best solution would be to reduce the BR spread to 0.7 above or below. I do not see that happening though.

I believe adding more low BR Fox-3 slingers to any nation doesn’t help anyone, as much as I would like to see them added to the game people would use the same points against such aircraft as they do against the F-14.

I fail to see why it wouldn’t work, but I could always be wrong. Im not opposed fox 3 in the game, even low BR one, even one which splash you on the ground.

But if my team disintegrate because of the nation I choose*, I find it unfair, a bias even, hence my post in this thread.

I only suggested, if you want go the “keep it as it” aka fun route, then I say add more telephone pole fox 3 slingers to other nations to keep it fair. If not, implement some sort of energy bleed against maneuvering targets like real life so it isnt as effective against people actively bleeding it, but against “bot” base bomber, it should be the same.

*in my post: My case, which I see and notice from time to time, could be anecdotal, could be selective bias: Most 12.3 and 12.7 foreign plane get into one team, the rest is filled with US planes at say, 12.0 and 13.0. And most of the 12.3 and 12.7 F-14 get put into the other team. Hence the imbalance in Fox 3 capability.

1 Like

I think something like a MiG-31 with Fox-3s would be fun, with the caveat of a changed MM so they cannot be on a team with Tomcats, as the US+Sov combo does happen sometimes. Idk when the realistic MM became the same as the arcade one, probably after the T-2 was added. The only reason things like the Tomcat are dangerous is because they split up teams and drain people of mental capacity for the merge (consciously staying below 60m or finding notch angle).

On the topic of realistic missile physics I feel GJ might be unwilling to do so, hopium for all lol.

(Also this is a great discussion that hasn’t come down to ad hominem attacks and “you’re bad, no you’re bad”. Second one today, the trolls and idiots must be sleeping)

1 Like

Like this, why does the enemy team gets 3 Tomcats, and my team gets shafted?

It really only need one of them to ball out to crumple my team, because the effect of early kills.

I’m glad we had this talk, grinding the event with Tommy Cruiser on my ass really got to my nerves.

1 Like

It’s just a rather unfortunate situation that could have been fixed if Top Gun 2 came out like a year later lol

Bet that guy with 6 kills is gonna get that event

1 Like

Guess which plane overperformed and who won this match, Gaijin. Balance your damned game. Yes, give the Iranian F-14 to the US, that will be great for gameplay. You guys don’t even play your own game, because balancing with spreadsheets is soooo easy. If US players are bad, then let them lose (or just don’t group planes of the same nation together), don’t balance their team comp and planes around their abysmal WR. (Look at WT Data Project spreadsheet)

Apparently, me, a Mirage 2000, with 4 missiles, probably can get 2 kills mid match, 2 more afterwards and potentially more with FM and guns after, is 12.3, the same BR as a plane that can get 1 to 6 kills before SARH can even be launched. And theyre all in the same team. Hand me a Gaijin employee card, I’ll fix the game for you.