[Development] Introducing War Thunder’s New Event Cycle

This change will reduce burnout because the events are far less intensive.
1/3rd the required points during any given time to get all 3 vehicles, and if you only want one, that’s one event every 2 - 3 months; 1/3rd of a standard event every 2 - 3 months.

you dont understand, people NEED to grind every single event vehicle that appears in the game

2 Likes

Ah classic Razervon moment

Ok then I dare you to grind all of these event plus the updates on top of that.

The only problem I have with this even is the score.

Let’s say it’s a rank 3 idk Hungarian Pz.4 for Italy.

Since it’s a low tier vehicle so it maybe 35K

So with the max you can get is around 2,000 per match so give or take around 25 to 30 matches.

Or you can get a job by cleaning peoples cars and windows for like 10 quid per car/windows.
If the stages stay the same at 999GE then you are already done 3 to 4 task just by cleaning 2 cars.
While it will take a normal person to get them at least one star in 5h.

So idk about you but I rather clean someone car then grinding this event

1 Like

Grinding events is grinding TT vehicles.
The score is ~1 hour of work a day for air.
~1.5 hours a day for ground at my most performing BRs of 4.3 - 7.0, and a little more at top BR.
And 30 - 50 minutes a day for naval since it’s so BR compressed that no matter what i play it’ll be fast.

2000 net-score per match is 800 - 1100 score in the match itself. You forget multipliers.
I rarely get below 1000 score, and I get above 2000 score in ground matches rather consistently.

Events have never been either-or for grinding TT vehicles, especially me where nearly all my completions are air, so when I touch 4.3 - 7.0 ground I’m always researching something.

And all of this is standard play, I’ve averaged 2 - 3 hours of battle time a day for the last 5 years. That’d be out of 7 hours of the stereotypical “full-time” free time during weekdays.

In that case I would like to know what line ups you use for events

Sure, I’ll share with you all of my lineups. I’ll edit this post with them so you know I’m working on getting them for you while not cluttering with a new message.

Lineups:
USA:

Spoiler

GRND:

AIR:
SEA:

GER:

Spoiler

GRND:

AIR: BN > MFG.
Naval:

USSR:

Spoiler

GRND: All in the 4.0 lineup are great.

AIR:
NVL:

GRBIT:

Spoiler

GRND:

AIR: Aircraft no present but would also use: Bucc S2, Sea Harrier, and Jag GR1A. They all share these two slots.
NVL:

No bluewatter yet.

JP:

Spoiler

GRND:

AIR:
NVL:

CHINA:

Spoiler

GRND: 5.7 is also an option but I don’t use it.

AIR: Best strike fighter in the game.

ITALY:

Spoiler

6.0 will exist for me when I get Tigris.

AIR:

FR:

Spoiler

GRND:

This one will change when BRs change, but it’ll still be 7.7.

SK-105 and ACRA are missing from this lineup.

AMX-32 105 and SANTAL are missing from this lineup. I also want to get F-100D and add it to this lineup.

AIR: Not shown but also good: Mirage 3E, Mirage 5F, Jag A, and Mirage F-1CT.

SW:

Spoiler

9.3 and 10.3 soon to be added during this year.
AIR: Unlisted aircraft: SAAB-105G, AJ37, JA37C. Don’t have JA37D yet tho will also be valid.

IS:

Spoiler

GRND:
Don’t have M109 yet.

7.7 and 8.7 will be lineups later.
9.3 will be more fulfilled later. With Gal Batash, Merkava Mk2B, Magach 6C.

AIR: I use A-4H as a fighter, yes that talisman was free. I don’t pay for talismans as I dislike the feature.

3 Likes

Im left to wonder what are all people doing that grinding one star takes 5 hours of nonstop grinding.

Does that include luch break?

1 Like

With this system even average players could try to get more vehicles, it’s just 35-45 k per 2 days, for all vehicles it used to be 120k per 2 days, and I managed that even though it’s a bit hard to juggle with work.

The new system is quite more accessible I find.

Also people should keep in mind that the multiplier isn’t everything, the most important thing is to play something where you can actually generate score to be multiplied.

Today just for the BP and Pages of history task I played 22 games, mostly tier 3 except some games in BB for pages of history, got the dailies and pages of history at 50 kills, so I took special task on and on, destroy 100 players with a fighter.

While it was mostly tier 3 I scored around 65k, in a day.

Once I was done I played some tanks and coastal, just for fun.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that feeling too… I mean it is a free to play game, at the mercy of the playerbase, without us there wouldn’t be any Warthunder… But these predatory schemes to make us pay to be a part of events is way too much!

Yeah, thats the thing. It doesn’t seem like they focus their game on the casual players, only the whales. I know they have to make money but… yeah…

How long did it take you in a day i.e hours and what were your line ups ?

Ye, sorry that you got dragged into this exchange in the first place.

BlockquoteThey made devblogs, there was enough info beforehand.

Wow, that’s like saying Hitler was a great guy because he told everybody what he was going to do when he wrote “Mein Kampf” and then he did it so it’s the world’s fault because we were warned.
You may be right. It might be in the devblogs. However, I’m not a computer programmer and I don’t spend 3/4 of my game time analyzing EVERY SINGLE LISTED CRAFT to sort out whether it’s going to have a critical fault in my gameplay. If that level of intensity is required, so much so that I can’t play the game because I have to spend the vast majority of my time analyzing computer tech, then it isn’t worth playing at all.
Further, it ignores a key component of customer service. If a game component is found to have a critical defect for a loyal customer which can be fixed with a simple wave of the hand (figuratively speaking), after which the ENTIRE GAME continues on as if this correction never happened, why wouldn’t you do that unless you are TRYING TO INSTILL PAIN AND SUFFERING!
When Covid started, I stopped going to movies and I used to go to A LOT of movies. Since I wasn’t going to movies, I decided I could put my movie money into this game as my substitute entertainment. I was easily spending between 900 and 1500 American Dollars (I tried to use the Dollar symbol but it messed with the formatting of the print, interesting lesson there) every year. Now, I am buying a single 5000 Golden Eagle package a month to continue upgrading my crews. I can now spend more at the VFW Canteen and Gaijin, always eager for more income, has lost a loyal customer, all because it is more important for them to hurt than help.

128 days since Gaijin STOLE my F9F-8 Cougar!!!

They ruined Enlisted with the excessive and stupid long grind and looks like now is the turn for WT.

Really Gaijin why not start for THINGS THE COMUNITY REALLY WANTS instead of destroying the game.

All WT forums are full of topics about trash maps desing, OP and completely out control CAS or the senseless and supported by NOBODY map changes. Yes, why not start for fixing that???

5 Likes

Gaijin made devblog about foldering vehicles, showed which vehicles are going to be foldered.

You ignored that.

Changes were implemented.

And now you are making surprised pikachu face that they implemented changes they said are going to implement?

You know, at first maybe i had some sympathy with your problem, but with how you act about it, im actually glad they did it.

2 Likes

Since we are now only able to grind these new event vehicles in the game mode that the vehicle is meant for, such as Ground RB for a tank and Air RB for a plane, it would be nice to see you guys change it and let the playerbase be able to play anything in any mode to grind the event rather than being forced to play a certain game mode if they want to get the vehicle.

This is what I liked about the old crafting events, as it meant I did not have to play ground to get the ground reward.

I think this would be a very helpful way for people to grind the events as they can play whatever they want to do it, which would mean players do not have to play the same game mode for weeks on end and become burnt out.

Please consider this for the future events.

1 Like

Yes. But if a company wants to incentivise this FOMO and monetise it, it’s on them. Both issues exist at once. Exploiting people’s addictions for money is predatory, even if it doesn’t negate the fact that if you have an addiction, you need help.

I’m not really affected by this event and score structure since that’s not why I play WT. But I wasn’t affected by the GE Christmas chest either (didn’t buy one). And I still found it predatory and distasteful to have gambling mechanics in a game that kids/minors can and do play… Which in some countries is probably also illegal.

I don’t think we should resign ourselves to the scummy practices that have been taking over the industry for some time now tbh…

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Believe me i have many issues with gaijins way of monetizing the game.

However, as i said at numerous times in the past 24hs, this new format is actually better for people that are not FOMO collectors (ie. normal people).

And for me personally, even the score requirements are ok. 22.5k score a day isnt something unreachable if i only want the vehicle, and most importantly, the score needed for making the coupon tradable isnt timegated like the stars are.

If i cant afford time to grind 40k a day during the work week due to work and family, i only need to do 22.5k and compensate the missing score whenever its more convenient for me.

1 Like

Yes. And technically it is also better for some collectors (if they don’t plan to sell the vehicles, which is a different issue altogether). Those that are at Rank III or higher in the three major branches, and have a lot of free time, have a better chance of getting all vehicles now than they did before. Especially because while getting all vehicles during the events was super hard but doable, getting all vehicles in crafting events was IIRC impossible.

That’s the positive side of the change. The negative is where the predatory element comes in… both for those who suffer from FOMO and don’t have the time, and for the wider impact on the playerbase.

Lack of breaks between events is one that worries me a lot. “Event Thunder” is very noticeable, players behave more aggressively, you get lower quality of matches… for someone who mostly plays WT to have fun or to improve, this is a bit of a worrying prospect. Event Thunder 365 days/year.

And while the steeper points requirement will make it harder for people to just “grind to sell”, it also means there will be fewer coupons. So steeper prices and fewer chances for new players to get these vehicles.

This is something that really bothers me even outside of events themselves. New players are at a disadvantage sometimes because they can’t have access to this or that vehicle. As I become more experienced I’ve realised how some “rare” vehicles really pad my lineups and give me an edge sometimes, and I dislike that.

Even worse in the case of vehicles that are not accessible anywhere (even on marketplace) except the lootboxes, which… yeah…

4 Likes

Oh yeah, things are even MORE fomo…

100%. It means that if you dont have any decent lineup for that type of vehicle, youre literally being locked out of the game.

Then with events being back to back, say I only have tier 7 Jets, and tier 2 tanks, but this time I want the tank. I only have 2 event cycles to try and grind to a decent tank lineup before my jets/plane events starts again and I have to go back to playing air because I of course want the air vehicle and its all I can grind for, then rinse and repeat.

You miss out on the other 2/3 events for months until you can finally get a good lineup, and being handicapped by being locked into playing a certain vehicle type for 12-19 days…

Ntm 45k score is stupid, the max score should be 30k-maaaaybe 35k if were having back to back events with minimum of 20k if its like a tier 2 or 3 or something. Like everything “variable”, gaijin has a junk implementation system based on nothing more than feelings vs actually playing their game and listening to the actual players who make them money