[Development] Introducing War Thunder’s New Event Cycle

Oh yeah, things are even MORE fomo…

100%. It means that if you dont have any decent lineup for that type of vehicle, youre literally being locked out of the game.

Then with events being back to back, say I only have tier 7 Jets, and tier 2 tanks, but this time I want the tank. I only have 2 event cycles to try and grind to a decent tank lineup before my jets/plane events starts again and I have to go back to playing air because I of course want the air vehicle and its all I can grind for, then rinse and repeat.

You miss out on the other 2/3 events for months until you can finally get a good lineup, and being handicapped by being locked into playing a certain vehicle type for 12-19 days…

Ntm 45k score is stupid, the max score should be 30k-maaaaybe 35k if were having back to back events with minimum of 20k if its like a tier 2 or 3 or something. Like everything “variable”, gaijin has a junk implementation system based on nothing more than feelings vs actually playing their game and listening to the actual players who make them money

@gaijin with this new event cycle, will we still be getting new squadron vehicles?

1 Like

They are sadly no premiums

Hi Gaijin,
Can I suggest you change future events and any challenges to include rank 1 and 2? I wan’t to explore new nations and their machines, but there is a big disincentive if I am always busy on challenges. I would be very happy to include rank 1 @ 50% and rank 2 @ 66% of kills/scores/whatever. I just want to be able to use lower rank vehicles in new nations.

2 Likes

So, gaijin expects someone with a life outside of gaming to get 45k Mission score over roughly 1.5 days, not to mention, not me personally however, the 750k mission score to trade the damn thing. I hope the is a variable, and not just a random thrown in number, and hopefully will change after the first event. In my eyes, 45k over 3 days is fine to me, however, if gaijin wants to keep it 1.5-2 days, they should lower the required score to 30-35k MAXIMUM.

So, my question is, will people who have a job and family be able to peacefully grind these events, while balancing family and life with such a high mission score in such a short time?

They don’t expect those with lifes to do the grind.

People with no life should grind.

People with a life are supposed to pay.

It would also be nice to be able to combine the grind and the pay.

One stage is 45k points or 999 GE.
Why can’t we grind 30k points and then pay 333GE for the rest?

If I grind 44999 points, why do I have to pay the full 999GE for the stage if I don’t finish it?

6 Likes

because they like money.

War Thunder’s grind is shorter than ever prior.

@PointyPuffin
I got the 292 doing the stars in one day. It was rather short, and I had more than 10 hours of awake time for everything else in the day.

that is literally impossible, they have added more and more vehicles over the years so the total number of RP needed has almost exclusively increased. even with the SLIGHT decrease in RP need its still more in total than before.

2 Likes

So let’s say that you get a healthy 8 hours of sleep and 10 hours are left. That means that you got one star for 6 hours of playtime. That comes down to 7500 points per hour. With an average match length of 10 minutes, this means that you got 1250 points per match on average (without taking any multipliers into account)

Seems pretty realistic and this results in a daily playtime of 3 hours.

However during Operation S.U.M.M.E.R 2016, it was possible to do the daily tasks for both, the air units and ground units within an hour of gameplay daily, some days took even less than that.

I know that, because I have done it. The only drawback was that you had to play daily.

You needed 36 marks of distinction for the highest price, which in the worst case was 36 hours of playing. Now you need 9, which clock in at 6 hours each, resulting in 54 hours of playtime.

Back then: 36 hours of playing for 2 vehicles
Now: 54 hours of playing for one vehicle

Overall the GE price required to buy the top reward has been lowered a bit though from 10,764 to
8,991 GE.

1 Like

Up to 6 hours, in reality it was closer to 4 hours.
Also you have to remove the multiplier. 45000 / 1.33 = 33,835.
After all, 1250 score in-match is ~1662 score for the star.

Ok, and now use the multiplier of a Tier III arcade player. How long will it take him to get a star?

Ditto this for Battle Tasks.

While I have my go to vehicles to knock out tasks quickly, some days (most days) I just want to play WW2 planes in ARB and many of them were kicked down to Rank 2 when they reorganized the tech trees.

Just let us earn stuff by playing the game. Stop gatekeeping things behind the arbitrary Rank 3 requirement. It’s antiquated and silly.

Found the sealclubber.
Rank 3 requirement is an important wall to prevent ya’ll from abusing the newest players.

I enjoy WW2 vehicles so I’m a seal clubber?

Moreover, the state of ARB beyond 4.3 – 4.7 is an absolute mess.

Please go away.

2 Likes

WW2 tanks exist well into 6.7 and some beyond.

I only play planes.

So 7.0 with Kikka, 262, and first F-80.

i wondered how your personal stats look for the past month (during the Ground event) so i checked.
your Ground RB average is 811 points, and your Ground AB 1449 (to few sim battles for it to even count the average).
you have played 696 games of Ground RB and 155 Ground AB.
lets say you play arcade for the score towards the event since you get the most there. however you played almost ONLY rank 2,3 and 4 vehicles last month in arcade (mostly rank 3 so will count with that modifier)
1449x0.93x0.8=1078 points towards the event per game. meaning 22500/1078=20.8 (let say 21) games per day to get to where you need to go. and at 10 minutes per match that’s 210minutes or 3hours and 30min per day

okay… maybe you mostly play Realistic?
811 on average per game, mostly rank 7 and some 5,6 and 8 mixed in, let say 7 on average for ease of math(same as rank 8 modifier anyway).
811x1.33x1.2=about 1294 points per game
22500/1294=17 games per day, 10 min per game gives 170 min or 2 hours and 50 min. better but still quite a lot.

with that in mind there are no breaks calculated, no wait time between games, no eating and nothing but active playtime. add 30 min for wait-times and lobby stuff in total and its 3h and 20min per day sitting at War Thunder.
and that is ONLY for the vehicle. with your current playstyle and average score you would need 6 hour and 40 minutes of playtime PER DAY for 19 day STRAIGHT to get the tradeable coupon.

if you have any kind of life outside work/school and War Thunder that is an unreasonable ask from Gaijin.

1 Like