Dead Aircraft

This is what I originally said: "
Why do you always do this “Apples and Oranges” thing if anyone has the nerve to bring up an issue with air survivability? It is common knowledge GJ has never really done a proper damage model on aircraft. It’s pretty complicated undertaking so in the mean time why not just shut down an aircraft after “target destroyed”? There are just way to many kills being taken after “Target Destroyed” happens.

Pretty straight forward. Two things can be done.
1/ Remove “Target Destroyed” until such time it is actually vaporized or hits the deck.
2/ Make it as dead as a ground vehicle when it is notified as “Target Destroyed”

I kinda think, after all the noise about “kill stealing” from the ARB group, number 1 is a none starter.

What this has been is CoffeeBean, you never read or maybe understood my first comment.

Because this is already how we kill aircraft (I mean “make the crew/pilot unconscious”). There is nothing new there, apart from not given the kill until the aircraft is fully nullified, similar to ground vehicles.

Which had nothing to do with what I said. Yes. Hence what were you on about? I read it, but you avoided the actual core of my reply which was just about planes that are not going to be doing some last dash bomb drop. You decided to jump on the last part which was not pouncing on anyone.

You replied to “me” while I was replying to someone else about tails falling off. Then you come of nowhere with that first reply 😆 Hence the whole strawman counter.

You still don’t see it. Nevermind. It’s damn funny anyway.

Especially since one of your solutions is exactly the same as my own position (as per here and topics on old forum) and others’ 🤭.

The whole ARB thing is legacy, I didn’t even play ARB (and maybe even GFRB) when this changed as was YEARS ago. When it is brought up it isn’t to be a reason why to keep the system as it is but stating why we have such a borked, I’ve never liked it. And as for kill stealing, people do that anyway and I believe that, as you do, it is a relatively moot point considering the annoyance it creates in GFRB, especially when thick in the action and being bombarded with messages (which are false).

If you hadn’t gone off on one about “apples n oranges” we could have got there many many comments ago.

But anyway, we agree. Put that one in the diary 👍👍

Aircraft don’t need the extra handholding, they either kill SPAA before they die or after they die.

I’d say definitely 1!

As for ARB, they could just reward the kill to whoever first dealt serious damage (not stuff like the gear leg), but only after it hit the deck.

It Does this already happen in part. I’ve had some really odd “kills” when I was miles away and others actively shooting it down (not a crash but I have hit or crit them, but nothing serious). I am not sure if it uses the same system in PvE air as often I’ll get a kill after a crit when clearly another gets more shots in and finishes it off. That is how you get 4km+ kills with guns!

I am not sure where you are reading into it where I am talking of handholding. Pointing out that an aircraft is killed currently by x,y,z has nothing to do with your reply as far as I can tell.

For me I am going barial # 1/ since most planes I see connecting with rounds go “poof” as normal, and I think the current system causes confusion where there shouldn’t be any. Dead should mean Dead and not still operating to influence the match.

As soon as the 'Aircraft Destroyed" message comes up, the other player should see an animation of their pilot jumping from the cockpit and ‘hitting the silk.’ (assuming the pilot wasn’t killed).

The worst is when you destroy a plane and it’s literally spinning in circles to the ground like a frisbee, and the player is holding the fire button down hoping for a lucky RNG hit.

That pilot would 100% be trying to escape, not sitting there randomly firing.

1 Like

An aircraft missing a wing still has control over it’s weapons (Unless some controls have been severed), and a tank still has control over it’s cannon without a track.

1 Like

I didn’t bounce or miss state what you said. As noted you do this to distract or minimize any criticizing of aircraft performance with: (quote) Guns and control surfaces can very much be damaged. The “realism” is just as realistic as any ground vehicle “magic” performance as compared to what would happen in real life.
There is nothing realistic in GFRB other then vehicles appearance. When a poster complains about an issue with any characteristic of an aircraft that is only found on aircraft it is counter productive to then state well “ground vehicles have magic performance”, hence an actual “Strawman” comment.
It is simply “is a target destroyed or is it not”. Nothing magical about the word “Destroyed”. English is my first language so reasonably confident what the word destroyed means.

So for the argument that Ground Vehicles are regularly hit and can still fire their weapons. There isn’t a “ground vehicle destroyed” message until it is completely dead. Dead aircraft get the “aircraft destroyed” message and then keep firing, or dropping ordnance.

All I am asking is that the “aircraft destroyed” message not be put on the screen until the aircraft is completely dead.

Because apparently it’s not dead.

Thank you for the discussion.

4 Likes

As for reality arguments. Please.

I think this game is pretty good as a “sim”, but any reality arguments are dead before the player hits send.

World War II aircraft didn’t fly in rain or overcast. Not a problem here.
King Tigers didn’t fight against T-54’s and Pattons. Not a problem here.

So please take your reality arguments and stuff them. They hold no water with me

I’m all for a 10 second timer after getting killed which will force a J out. I’ve had several games where a dead plane (black, counted as dead on the scoreboard) made it back to base and repaired, only for this person to start camping the AF for a ticket win. This shouldn’t happen. Dead = dead and goodbye.

That is a lot of words to say you went off on one over nothing. Don’t antagonise when there is no need 👍👍

Take a breather… you got it wrong, move on.

Yes, a real pilot would do that.

A real tank crew would abandon its vehicle when they see that it is on fire though, too, or when it has been penetrated and especially when one or more of their comrades have been hit by a tank shell.

So let’s add that, too, because that is how real people acted.

1 Like

The problem here is that aircraft are missing 98% of their control mechanisms…

128mm APHE straight through any helicopter would instantly drop it like a wet rag, but that doesn’t happen in this game. Somehow that sheetmetal box can still keep on flying.

Aircraft are mostly just empty space and hitting it does often absolutely nothing.

This is bullshit and we both know it.

1 Like

Ok, feel free to elaborate. ^^

1 Like

Watch out, someone will start talking about fruit with a pre-arranged script.

This time it’s cactus, as a prickly subject.

1 Like

Now at least that was awesomely funny, I appreciate.

1 Like