Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Same tbh

@Smin1080p_WT btw since it got swamped under messages.
I wrote you a dm regarding the leo pso frontal plate thingy

@Texas_Engineer_Mike Oh, I don’t have a very good grasp of the sources myself, just echoing what I thought was the sentiment over on the F-14D thread

That’d be a dream come true

tracked rapier when??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

1 Like

Nasams HML when >:)

1 Like

Israeli TT detected, opinion rejected

Crotale/Cactus when?

For britain yeh?

But do they need to be? At least by suggestion rules this would count as an unfinished prototype, under the condition a fully armed design was intended. And seeing how Gaijin can make exceptions even player suggestions can’t make, such vehicles might not be out of the picture completely.

I understand such vehicles wouldn’t be the top priority still, and devs likely avoid them if alternatives are available, but it would at least be approved for suggestion and as such at least not impossible to see at some point.

2 Likes

try looking on the american desert map

Yeah, Cactus is the SA variant, France gets the Crotale

@Smin1080p_WT Israeli Hawk launcher this update maybe please? (or even SPYDER)

download (1)

My thought on it was that the missiles were used to test drag and weight compared to the Yak where the missiles were to test a future armerment that was planned for the craft compared to the EAP that was to test the aerodynamics

If the HSI is coupled to the INS (GPS) the needle will tune accordingly, thats what I would assume, and this way give me the heading. Honestly, don’t know as I never flown the F-5E in real life.

For me, more important is that GJ gives us the AN/APG-69 radar which is more capable than what the current F-5E in US tree has with the AN/APG-159. Besides this the better RWR and larger countermeasures amount are certainly on my list too.

The ECM installed on the Swiss Tiger is likely not going to happen …

1 Like

Not considered for now.
Source: That one guy told me in a dream

I’m hoping the BF 109’s and Pz IV’s get an update soon-ish.

Those are looking pretty rough.

8 Likes

I was doing my own research with the guy back in the day and he found documents about databus and software updates present since D variant. Document clearly stated that newly built/modernized D models had inbuild software required for the use of AIM-120. Also worth noting is the fact that F-14Ds were cleared to use these missiles in service.

1 Like

Unfortunately this wasn’t an unfinished prototype. It was a technology demonstration aircraft that was not intended itself to be a combat aircraft.

Its purpose was to show that advanced manufacturing technology and methods could be employed on a future prototype programme and was solely to garner support for that from both the UK and partner nations. Ultimately this lead to the Eurofighter, which itself had prototypes and pre production aircraft.

The EAP did not have any combat systems and there were no detailed plans for countermaures, RWR or other systems like the Yak-141 has unfortunately.

We have covered this aircraft quite a lot, but unfortunately it’s not something that would be added to the game based on all the currently available information.

4 Likes

Ah, that makes sense then.

Thanks for clearing that up (again probably, I know this was the topic in a lot of “5000+ unread messages” I skipped)