Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

For suggestions, nothing can happen and staff forget to update the report.

For bugs, it’s more waiting for a feature that’s not in-game currently.
There’s also a chance that they’re waiting in the queue.

Also @Morvran , dampening isn’t attitude autopilot, it’s to dampen your inputs to make them smoother.
War Thunder is a bit behind on autopilot controls having none currently.

enough debating on where the f111c goes can all Australian stuff please just go to 1 tree, ive spent 5 years in this game and have like 1.6 trees fully unlocked. i just wanna play my nations vehicles in a lineup before im 50

2 Likes

Frfr

1 Like

Then surely unstable flight should be a commonality accross every aircraft then?

But in many many aircraft (and myself and another person tested quite a few) like for example the Jaguar Gr1A. Its unstable in the same manner as the Tornado with 0% elevation trim in manual, but flies dead straight without issue when damping is applied. So either every aircraft should have a trim set when in damping for more stable flight, or none should. It shouldnt be cherry picked.

Im not suggesting that the Tornado Damping mode be auto-pilot but to have 2% elevation trim set to it as seems to be the case for many other aircraft. Either that or allow trim to be set whilst in damping modes

Certain youtubers going bust soon without a devblog to make a 100, 20 minute rambling videos about…

2 Likes

Even getting a report to be tagged as acknowledged is a challenge. Half the reports made don’t get tagged when they’ve been up for years.

2 Likes

No have Hope we will get a teaser.

We have reviewed your request and decided to grant it, all Australian vehicles will be added to the Swedish tree from now on.

• Gaijin maybe, 2024 I guess?
2 Likes

I am sad about the waste of time, hype and resources French coastal will turn out to be, honestly.

I would wager not even 100 people will play them, since they will be a niche sub-mode tree of a niche nation on a niche mode.

Let’s be real; most people who play Naval seek battles with mighty Battleships and Battlecruisers, not floating SPAA gameplay. That’s why there was so much backlash back in 2016 when Naval was announced not to have plans for any form of bluewater ships until this was changed; and why people pressured Gaijin to separate Coastal from Bluewater so the boats didn’t get in the way to grind for large ships.

Like… when people join Naval, they say; “boy, I can’t wait to play Schanhorst!” not: “boy, I can’t wait to play R-130 motor gun boat!”

It is, only aircraft with FBR systems does dampening keep nose where you point it for whatever reason.
This also means F-14 is shafted along with all F-4s, F-1C, all Soviet aircraft, etc.

Oh, and trim doesn’t work in dampening period.

Well, if not today’s teaser, then when is Gaijin??? Moreover, during the marathon, it will be strange to release a new one later. Please give me a teaser and my soul will be at peace

1 Like

The problem is… Some bug reports get fixed within weeks others take 1+ years. And there isnt really any indication as to why and there are many examples of bugs that should be easy to fix that havent been. The one that jumps out to me the fastest is the Sea Harrier FRS1 missing its radar gunsight:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/dqeuzVcn1Fjh

This is a 7 month old report. The FA2, which has the same model, guns and even the same placeholder HUD. has radar gunsight. Should be a simple C&P over to the FRS1

1 Like

Yea, I play naval and really have no interest in the coastal lines. Like why would I want to play coastal ships, especially the interesting late br ones when all you get is destroyers, cruisers, etc dogging on you almost straight from spawning, fun gameplay aint it.
And honestly, the only reason I might grind out a coastal tree is for missile equipped ships.

1 Like

Nope

Su-27 was tested by the guy I was testing with and it was fine in damping. I also have no iusses in the Mirage F1C-200 or the FGR2/FG1. Its pretty much only the Tornados that I have encountered this problem with

i honestly don’t mind. im just waiting for the leopard AS1 in Germany then the AS21 to be added to Japan and an Australian spec mirage 3 to France and the rb70 on a m113 to go to the Swedish. at the end of the day only the Russian and maybe Italian tech tree will be the only ones i dont have to grind for Aussie Vehicles

2 Likes

Oh right, Su-27 has FBR [hybrid or direct].
My point still stands.
All aircraft get shafted if you have wire linkages to your control stick for whatever reason.

Coastal needs some dedicated mode, maybe even PVE. Or it should be possible to grind Bluewater with Coastal and vice versa at least.

2 Likes

You actually bring an interesting point here!

What if Gaijin makes Dev Server this weekend, and then releases the update on September 6th, right before the event, which begins on September 7th?

It would feel odd if they released the major update in the middle of the event.

@Smin1080p_WT can we exspect something for today or can we finally rest?