Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

None of these vehicles compare to the state of the EAP. I really don’t know why some people can’t let that vehicle go.

There are already better options in game and better options overall for the UK tree rather than a super ahistorical abomination that it would need to be to make that anything close to combat capable for game conditions.

12 Likes

It wasn’t the engines I was referring to but the weapons. But it may be British version because the Australian version had 18 guns and I think the one is 14.

I’m confused because the offensive guns fixed I t he nose were Australian modification but the total defensive load out seems off using the warthunder wiki.

"The Luftwaffe pilots that tried to attack it had more respect for this huge aircraft and referred to it as the; “Fliegende Stachelschwein” or in English, “The Flying Porcupine” because of the 14 machine guns it mounted for all-round protection.

As if that wasn’t enough armament, the RAAF thought it prudent to add two fixed .303 machine guns to the Mk. V on the port and starboard side of the nose and a gunsight for the pilot so he would be able to strafe a surfaced enemy submarine. The flying boat now sprouted 18 guns; the greatest number carried by any regular British military aircraft during the war.“

It’s the games choices that have lead to this “free for all”
And to say the EAP is incomplete is accurate.

EAP total flights - 259 totalling 195 flying hours (https://www.baesystems.com/en-uk/heritage/bae-eap#:~:text=When%20withdrawn%20from%20service%2C%20the,Royal%20Air%20Force%20Museum%2C%20Cosford.)

Yak-141 - 210 hours

There really isn’t a lot between them.

6 Likes

sooooooooo

teaser today?

1 Like

Smin here early in the morning >_>

The fact it flew some more hours has no relevance to it’s suitability to add to the game when it has nothing viable to shoot anything down.

EAP was a Technology Demonstration aircraft to prove that advanced manufacturing techniques and processes could be used as well as some of the features they could be incorporated into a aircraft design. It was a proof of concept vehicle.

Yak-141 was a prototype of a combat aircraft with detailed plans for weaponary, combat systems, countermeasurers and other avionics required.

11 Likes

Canadian Leopards and Abrams AIM

It was combat capable. The EAP wasn’t.

That’s correct. It would have been integrated into the Soviet Union.

All combat capable.

Canadian ADATS

2 Likes

plus your putting nuts in your mouth as well ^^

A.C.I, A.C.IV, Boomerangs, Wirraway, Beaufort, Beaufighter Mk 21, etc were all either based on British equipment, operated by Britain as well or built by Australia.

1 Like

Combat capable…

Yes.

Wasn’t Radkampfwagen turret non-rotatable?

Do you need smins explanation for the choice of where Canadian or Aussie vehicles go?

i think we’ve tormented Smin enough this week

1 Like

The only thing I have read about it is that it didn’t have driver ports, however, even then, there were plans for it that were later cancelled due to the ending of the Cold War, so it’s another Yak-141 situation.

I think you are the one who needs it. Smin has said plenty of times that they will just add them wherever they feel like adding them.

2 Likes

So if you plan to make something combat capable it becomes combat capable?