Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

oh hey, looks like theyre doing the aphe stuff

1 Like

Yep

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/testing-our-proposed-aphe-shell-changes-on-the-dev-server/152170/2

Hehe, people are pissed about the APHE test happening.

It’s almost like having over 40% of players vote for the test means that there definitely is demand for such changes

3 Likes

ahem Australian Super Hornet with ASRAAMs ahem

2 Likes

@Stona_WT With the first Brazilian vehicle in War Thunder, will there be some kind of event with decals or camouflages on September 7th, which commemorates Brazil’s Independence Day? Including the classic 50% discount for the vehicle? Thx.

2 Likes

Hey! @Smin1080p_WT @Stona_WT apologies to ping (again) but it’s still a burning question for me and pretty much every other naval player of the affected nations.

What happened to the naval models for top tier ships in the Bluewater tree for the UK, Italy and France. I am aware France just got a coastal tree but even so.

There are plenty of realistic, capable and fair options, both historically and from a balance point of view.

But for some reason Japan is going to have 6 top tier ships when you can only spawn 3. Germany remains with the most broken ship in the game which the stats agree with plus 2 others, Russia will have 4 top tier ships including 2 which were purely laid down (not that I disagree with it but France and Italy have ships that were laid down).

France could get Dunkerque and Strasbourg as well as a Normandie class ship, Italy could get at least one Francesco Caracciolo, the UK could get a QE or an R class or even a KGV 1911. And yet, nothing.

But your modelling teams have the time to model more ships than nations can even use at that BR?

And then the first QE we get is a damn event. Who signed off on that, I don’t think that was a good idea? (Not throwing insults but it must have occurred to someone that the UK has 1 top tier ship and now 2 events).

Don’t want to throw accusations but you could forgive me for seeing maybe a little bit of bias here? Particularly as you guys plan far in advance?

12 Likes

while I love Amagi I dont think japan should be getting a 2nd 16inch armed ship when there are still multiple nations with no 15 inch armed ships

4 Likes

Precisely my point. Why is the focus on trees who are not currently struggling.

will also note they specifically chose the sister ship that didnt have a great 1940s refit and kept her in her jutland configuration, which is insane to me when we look at british ships and the only ship we have in the tech tree that is even remotely modern compared to everyone else is Hood, the most modern Battleship is 1927!

playing from Aus with high ping made the HVM useless except for Helis fuck that thing is so good against them. looking forward to having both

2 Likes

If there were TT QE’s with refitted AA I’d actually welcome a Jutland style addition of Barham so you don’t have to use a BB without AA as your tech tree option that’s just not viable in the modern top tier but the history is represented, but I don’t see QE, Valiant or Warspite or Malaya in the TT.

it was the legacy hornets that got ASRAAM, the supers use 9x’s

As a fellow Brit, I wanted to see the Nimrod with AIM-9s placed on the bomber line. The Aussies should have a line of their own.

2 Likes

tbf if gaijin actually cared about balance for naval the UK would have gotten a jutland QE class back when germany got the SMS Bayern considering the Bayern was built as the german counter to the QE class.

and considering we are just getting Amagi the UK in this update should have also gotten the HMS Nelson

1 Like

TSR2 would have probably been the closest analogy to the F-111

V-Bombers and Things like the Nimrod whilst awesome. Are difficult to place

1 Like

Well said.

2 Likes

personally I love that we got it but why is it over BRed like come on gaijin, it has 2 stingers and the 25mm, the Gepard 1A2 has 4 stingers plus the dual 35mm cannons at a lower br and at the same BR you have the LAV-AD that has the 25mm 4 to 8 ready stingers and can take a rocket pod, not to mention is far more mobile

2 Likes

HMS Nelson/Rodney
HMS King George V
or
HMS Queen Elizabeth (WW2 Refit)

would all be appropriate to be added at this point. Not even asking for all 3 to be added in quick succession. But come on. HMS Hood is over 2 years old by this point.

Only thing that I can think of, Is that it can scout (I think) like the Stormer HVM can. I dont know if the others can or not

BAC TSR-2, V-Bombers, the Avro Ashton, the Tornado GR.4, the F-111K, it’s not like there weren’t any better alternatives