China Norinco VT series MBTs, History, Performance & Discussion

Update 2.33.0.31 - #59 the last part of the message definitely makes it sound like Gajjin is still scrambling to work on all the bug reports. I just hope that by the end of the month the last few acknowledged reports for the VT-4(reload, spall liners, and detailed ERA) can be put to rest

Restore history and strengthen Chinese vehicles!

1 Like

Is this the spall liner layer of VT-4?
ov677vc7xtbGbDx00gY-o

It looks a lot like a fabric. Maybe the whole white layer is spall liner. As you can see the whole white painted layer is uneven. I dont think metal would be that uneven.

6 Likes

Hey guys, I just made a suggestion, so if y’all wanna check it out and leave your thoughts on it pls do! Would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Screenshot_20231222-120820-991

It seems like we’ll have to wait for player statistics to be considered first before they change the reload, unless someone wants to make a suggestion page for the reload buff as I really don’t see any good reason for the VT-4 to be held back

3 Likes

Interior of MBT 2000. Anyone know what’s the use of this rod?
20231225_005239

1 Like

MBT 2000 upgrade,mbt2000 tank,mbt 2000 bangladesh,mbt 2000 china
Is this a spall liner?

4 Likes

I believe both these pics you posted suggest that the MBT-2000 actually has a lot of spall liners around the turret, you should make a report if one hasn’t been made already

4 Likes

It’s for locking the gun in place while not in use/transit

3 Likes

That would be HUGE if it is. A lot of the Chinese tanks weaknesses is the turret roof not steep enough to ricochet so you can easily kill 1 crew member and destroy breach by shooting there. A spall liner there would prevent that and actually make them survivable.

BTW what do tank spall liners even look like? The Abrams are supposed to have them but just like every image I see it just looks like white painted metal. Is that just how spall liners look like?

3 Likes

It can be sprayed, integrated within the armor, or sheeted around the inside of the vehicle.

Anything really, there is no one way to make a spall liner, but typically they are a softer material like Kevlar, plated around the interior of the crew compartment. Some make it more obvious than others. In war thunder tho I think they are all treated more or less the same, which is probably for the best as it would take a lot of time to get into exacts for each and every tank

1 Like

If it’s ok with you, I’m gonna make a quick bug report for the MBT-2000, can you give me the sources for these photos?
edit: nvm just used google lens so all good

for Clarification, the pictures you have are of the VT-4, not the MBT-2000

There is already an acknowledged bug report for VT-4 spall liner. May you can try to ask a tech mod to add the photos as additional evidence to the report.
VT4 missing spall liners // Gaijin.net // Issues

3 Likes

How would i get in contact with a tech mod?

1 Like

Abrams has spall liner integrated into it’s armor if I’m not mistaken. It seems like most tanks from east use a separate layer of spall liner in their tanks.

It’s integrated into the structure which makes it all the more difficult in trying to prove to Gaijin that it exists because there’s data saying it’s there, but no unclassified imagery showing the layout of it or how it’s incorporated into the armor (to my knowledge or that they would deem as “credible”). Spall Liners have been in use since the M60’s.

1 Like

ill make a separate bug report regardless, as the current bug report failed to mention any details, and my evidence thanks to @Miraz05 is much clearer

Yeah looks like I was wrong. Btw this is the actual interior of MBT-2000

3 Likes

before i make the report, ill post the two images im going to use for it.
VT-4Spall1
VT-4Spall2
link: THAIDEFENSE-NEWS: รถถังหลัก VT4 (MBT 3000)

2 Likes