Central and Eastern European Tech Tree

Would you like to see CEE TT in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Do you agree with combining several nation into one TT, as presented in suggestion?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Where should Bulgarian, Hungarian and Romanian vehicles be placeced?
  • In CEE TT
  • In Italian TT
  • In different TT
  • I don´t want to see them in game
0 voters

Hello I would like to suggest a new nation/tech tree for the game.

Let me explain why I decided to suggest central and eastern europe as one TT. Whenever I look at TT proposals such as Czechoslovakia, Poland, Yugoslavia, BeNeLux or even already implemented ones like Israel I find them having too many or too similar vehicles trying to pad out the numbers of vehicles. And in some cases heavily relying on large numbers of copy paste. So I am really not a fan of 3 or more lackluster TTs but I also like the idea of unique vehicles from these countries. Implementing these vehicles into existing TT is also not a good solution since Russian nor German don’t need it and can use their own vehicles. So I think combining some of these into some sort of regional TT as long as the composition makes sense is a great way how to implement these unique vehicles with the least amount of copy paste possible.

So which nations did I decide to represent in the proposed TT and why? Czechoslovakia, Poland and Yugoslavia are the main nations and Lithuania and Ukraine are also represented. I wanted to represent other Baltic nations but I didn´t find suitable vehicles to represent them. Why these? The three main nation have very similar TT composition with Czsk and Pol having bit more fully domestic designs and Yugoslavia having bit more of a western equipment at low to mid tiers and at high tier having modification of soviet MBTs and IFV and ending with some western vehicles at the top. All the main nations are also intertwined by several vehicles used across several of the nations presented. Ukrainian vehicles are included since it fits the loose defining factors and the vehicles nicely fill the top tier gaps and it seems to be the best way to implement them now (only post USSR split vehicles are included).

Why not Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria? I don’t think they really fit, Hungary´s unique vehicles are from WW2 and these would much better fit into Italien TT as subtree but Hungary´s end at rank III so I think it would make sense to continue the the “minor-axis” line with cold-war Romanian and Bulgarian vehicles. Still I made illustration to show how the implementation of Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria could look like in the CEE TT.

The CEE TT also allows for at least somewhat diverse and full TT even after that AF TT is rather lacking and has a lot of copy paste.

Whole tech tree:

PICTURE

Old versions

To explain the colour badges and all the symbols present:

• Flags represent the main user of nation represented by the vehicle.
  • The badges represent:
    • Green - mass production/limited serial production
    • Orange - prototype vehicle
    • Red - non-domestic design without modifications
    • Blue - potential adition vehicle in development/being produced

Some statistics: Researchable TT has 90 vehicles of which only 11 are non-domestic designs without modifications, as for copy paste (designs already present in game with no difference to the ones already in game) there are 15 of them. As for distribution of vehicles across nations Czechoslovakia has 29, Poland 30, Yugoslavia 32, Ukraine 8 and Lithuania 1 the sum wont be equal since some vehicles represent more than one nation.

I already explained why I think that Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian vehicles would be better for Italian TT but when I first showed the idea on reddit many were asking for inclusion of these vehicles in this tech tree so here is how it would look like with Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian vehicles also present. The vehicles are clearly marked by big ribbon.

CEE TT expanded with BG, HU, RO vehicles

Old versions

The lines are split in a fairly regular manner with one exception 2 medium lines instead of one medium and one heavy since all heavy tanks would be copy paste non-domestic designs.

Line - 1 - Light tanks and IFVs
Line - 2 - Medium tanks
Line - 3 - Medium tanks
Line - 4 - SPAAGs
Line - 5 - TDs and SPGs

Here is more detailed description of each line and with general information regarding each vehicle:

Line 1 - Light tanks and IFVs
At the start the line is made up from Czechoslovak and Polish light tanks made before WW2 and during WW2. After that it continues with AFVs and scout vehicles armed with various recoiless rifles. The high ranks are represented by various BMP-1/2 conversions and wheeled AFVs/IFVs armed with ATGMs.

Rank I

4TP

Polish prototype of light tank from 1937. With armament of 20mm cannon, maximum speed was 55 kph and very thinly armored 17 mm at most.

LT vz.38

Basically Pz.Kpfw. 38(t) Ausf. A since Pz. 38 is just captured LT vz.38.

10TP

Another Polish prototype this time from 1938. With all aspects improved compared to 4TP. Armament now was 37mm Bofors wz.37 gun armor was increased to 20mm maximum although the turret just has 16mm. The maximum speed could be as high as 75 kph if using wheels and 56 kph when using tracks.

Rank II

Škoda T-15

Project of scout tank developed by Skoda works based on German specification during protectorate era. The prototypes were armed with a 37mm Skoda A19 gun, armor was 30mm at maximum and top speed was 60 kph.

Rank III

OT-65A

Czechoslovak scout vehicle build upon Hungarian FUG-D-442 (BRDM-2) armored car. The OT-65A was armed with turred with 7,62mm machine gun and 82mm T21 recouiless rifle with very low muzzle velocity (250 mps). The maximum speed is 80 kph.

Rank IV

OT M-60PB

Yugoslavian OT M-60 AFV armed with two 82mm M-60 recoilless rifles and top speed of 43 kph.

OA-82 Jarmila II

Czechoslovak scout vehicle prototype based on Tatra 805 chassis and armed with twin 82mm vz. 59 recoiless rifle with high muzzle velocity (for recoiless rifle). Maximum speed was 80 kph. No prototype was preserved, current pictures are of a replica.

M-80A

Yugoslav IFV developed in response to BMP-1. Compared to the M-80 it now uses a more powerful domestic engine. It is armed with 20mm M55 cannon and four 9M14M Malyutkas of which 2 are ready to fire and top speed of 65 kph.

Rank V

M-80A/98

Serbian modernisation of the M-80A now armed with a 30mm M86 cannon in modified turret, the ability to launch 9M14M Malyutkas is retained. Can in theory have modification to M-80AB1 but I think that would warrant higher BR.

BWP-40

Polish prototype of modernizing the BMP-1s with a CV90 turret. The mobility was worsened because of the heavier turret.

Rank VI

OT-64 Cobra

Slovak prototype of modernizing the OT-64 AFVs with Cobra turret. The Cobra turret was armed with a 30mm 2A42 cannon and 9K111 launcher (Konkurs). The top speed of the OT-64 is 94 kph.

BTR-3E1

Ukrainian BTR-3 APC armed with BM-3M “Shturm-M” turret. The armament consists of a 30mm ZTM-1 cannon and two Barrier ATGMs. It has 3rd gen thermals and the top speed is 100 kph.

BMP-1UMD

Ukrainian modernisation of BMP-1. Armed with a Stilet turret carrying 30mm ZTM-2 cannon, 30mm grenade launcher and Barrier ATGMs.

BVP-M

Slovak modernisation program for BMP-1s. It now carries the Turra 30 turret which is armed with 2A42 cannon and two Konkurs ATGMs. The new turret is also equipped with CITV for commander.

BTR-4MV1

Prototype of very deep modernisation of BTR-4 with improved armor, new engine and new turret. The maximum speed is 100 kph and the turret carries 30mm ZTM-1 cannon and Barrier ATGMs.

Rank VII

KBVP Pandur II

Czech made version of Pandur II armed with Israeli RCWS-30 turret carrying 30mm Bushmaster II and two Spike-LR missiles. The top speed is 105 kph. Able to be uparmored with ASPRO-P but it then loses ability to swim.

Rosomak ZSSW-30

Modernisation of the Rosomak IFVs (Patria AMV) but replacing old turret by new Polish turret armed with 30mm Bushmaster II dual Spike-LR ATGM launcher, the top speed is 100 kph. The protection compared to Pandur II is higher.

Vilkas

The Lithuanian version of Boxer IFV, it is armed with a Samson Mk2 turret with Bushmaster II and Spike-LR ATGMs. Top speed is 103 kph.

CV90 Mk.IV SK

Future Slovak IFV based on the CV90 Mk.IV. The specifications include the 35mm gun and APS system most likely Iron Fist.

Lazar 3 (30/2 RWCS)

Serbian IFV armed with 30/2 RWCS turret with twin 30mm cannons and NOVA ATGMs which are able to be remotely TV guided meaning non line of sight ability. The top speed is 110 kph. I would be very wary of such a vehicle being added but I wanted to demonstrate the top tier potential.

Line 2 - Medium tanks
Starts with Czechoslovak light tanks and medium tanks followed by T-34s and Yugoslav T-34 inspired vehicles. Rank V is made up from Polish and Czechoslovak T-54/55s and high ranks are filled with Czechoslovak and Polish modifications of T-72 and the top is caped by K2PL.

Rank I

LT vz.34

Czechoslovak light tank made by ČKD. Maximum armor is 15mm and top speed is 30 kph. The armament is 37mm Skoda A3 gun same as on the LT vz. 35.

LT vz.35

Basically Pz.Kpfw. 35(t) since Pz. 35 is just captured LT vz.35.

ŠP-IIb

Prototype of “infantry tank” made by Skoda works and ČKD. The armor was 30mm and top speed was 45,8 kph. It was armed with a 47mm Skoda A9 gun.

Rank II

ST vz. 39 (V-8-H)

CDK prototype created from experience gained from the ŠP-IIb. It was armed with a 47mm Skoda A11 gun and armor was 32mm. The top speed was 45 kph.

T-34-76 (1943)

T-34-76 used by Czechoslovak/Polish brigades or by Yugoslav partisans in the red army. And in the Czechoslovak/Polish armies after the war.

Rank III

T-34-85M1

Polish production T-34-85 with small manufacturing improvements.

Vozilo A

Yugoslav prototype of domestic development of a T-34-85. With armor improvements.

Rank IV

M-320

Yugoslav project based on experience with M47, T-34-85 ect. Armed with an 90mm gun.

Rank V

T-54A

T-54 (1951) used by Polish, Czechoslovak and Yugoslav armies.

T-54M

Modernization of T-54A upgraded up to T-55A standart.

T-55AM2

Same as T-55AM1 in game.

Rank VI

T-72M1

Version of T-72 developed for Soviet satellite states, same as T-72M1 already in game.

PT-91 Twardy

Polish modernisation of T-72M1 with more powerful engine but same transmission speeds, improved ERA, 3rd gen thermals for gunner. [center]

T-72M2E Moderna

Is the first version of the Slovak T-72 modernisation attempt. This version is equipped with two 20 mm Oerlikon-Contraves instead of the 30 mm cannon on the later prototype.

[/center]

Rank VII

PT-91M2

Further modernisation of the PT-91 now with CITV coupled with new weapon station, improved 2M46MS gun from Slovakia and slat armor protecting the engine.

T-72M4CZ

Czech modernisation of T-72M1 with new power pack improving mobility 61 kph F and around 14 kph R. New thermals including CITV, new ERA equivalent to K2. It also has access to new VETRA APFSDS (it isn´t the same round as TAPNA) roughly comparable to DM43 in performance.

PT-16

Polish prototype of possible modernisation of T-72M1 with new composite armor added around the turret and hull, CITV, 120mm compatible with standard NATO rounds and improved mobility.

K2PL

Polish version of K2 to be used by Polish army, it is possible to use just K2 transferred from South Korea or future modification of K2 when it is manufactured in Poland.

Line 3 - Medium tanks
The beginning of the line is mainly made up from western vehicles and their modifications then transitioning to Yugoslav and its successors states modification of T-72s. Top ranks are also filled by Ukrainian modification and the top is ended by Polish-Ukrainian project based on T-72.
Rank I

7TP

Polish light tank armed with 37mm Bofors wz. 37, armor was 17mm maximum and the top speed was 37 kph.

S.35 6 pdr.

Yugoslav modification of S.35 armed with 6 pdr gun.

Rank II

Cromwell IV

Cromwell IV used by the 1st Czechoslovak armored brigade.

Cromwell I

Cromwell I used by the Polish 1st Armored division.

Sherman IC

Sherman used by the Polish 2nd Armored Brigade.

Rank III

M-634

Yugoslav prototype of Sherman modification fitted with engine from T-34-85.

SO-122 M-4

Yugoslav prototype of Sherman modification armed with the 122mm A-19 gun and fitted with new V-2R engine.

Rank IV

M-636

Yugoslav project based on experience with M47, T-34-85 ect. Most likely armed with a 90mm gun. There is very little info on this and M-320 project so more info would be welcome.

Rank V

T-54A ZET-1

Polish modification of T-54A with cage armor to improve protection of T-54A against HEAT. Only prototype was tested.

M-55S

Slovenian modernisation of M-55 = Yugoslav T-55. Armed with the 105mm L7 gun and new ERA most likely Blazer.

Rank VI

M-84A4

Modernisation of M-84 which itself has a better engine compared to standard T-72M1. The upgrade mainly consisted of improved NVD. Top speed is 65 kph.

M-95 Degman

Prototype based on M-91 Vihor hull which had improved armor compared to M-84. The M-95 also has a new PRAK ERA similar to K5. It also has improved mobility with a top speed of 70 kph and is fitted with 2nd gen gunned thermals. But it lacks modern APFSDS rounds.

T-64BM Bulat

Is a Ukrainian modernisation of T-64B. It is equipped with a new engine and mainly the protection is improved by Nozh ERA.

M-84AB1

Modernisation of M-84 with K5 ERA, Shtora APS and new Agava-2 thermals.

M-84D

Modernisation of M-84. Utilizing many upgrades from the M-95 prototype also has a new PRAK ERA similar to K5. It also has improved mobility with a top speed of 70 kph and is fitted with 2nd gen gunned thermals. But it lacks modern APFSDS rounds but has access to new LAHAT ATGM it also has an improved autoloader with 9 rdspm ROF.

Rank VII

T-64BM2

Improved version of the T-64BM1 Bulat with improved ERA placement and most importantly thermal sight.

T-84U Oplot

Modernisation of T-84 which is modernisation of T-80U with new engine. With new gunner thermals and Nozh ERA and Ukrainian version of Shtora APS.

M-84AS2

Further Serbian modernisation of the M-84 including 3rd gen thermals for gunner and commander, new ERO-19 ERA supposedly equal to Relikt. New round APFSDS was also developed. The mobility is slightly worse because the engine didn’t receive an upgrade.

BM Oplot-M

Further modernisation of T-84 by Ukraine. Including substantial improvement to protection because of Duplet ERA, new engine but because of increased weight the top speed is 70 kph but reverse was greatly improved to 35 kph. The tank is also equipped with gunner and commander thermals. The downside is lack of modern ammo which could be partly solved by VETRA APFSDS which is something which it could in theory get since Czechia is supplying Ukraine with ammo including tank rounds.

PT-17

Joint Polish - Ukrainian project of modernisation of T-72 including completely new turret with 120mm KMB2 and gunner and commander thermals. The tank also has improved mobility with a new power pack.

Line 4 - SPAAGs
Consists of various SPAAGs most of which are built on wheeled chassis.

Rank I

OT-810 (vz. 38/46)

One of first prototypes of the Czechoslovak OT-810 halftrack armed with vz. 38/46 (DSHK) machine gun. The top speed was 60 kph.

Pobur LO-1800A ZPU-2

Polish Pobur LO-1800A truck with ZPU-2 AA system. The ZOU-2 has two 14,5 KPV machine guns.

Rank II

M3-A3 PVO

Yugoslav modification of M3-A3 Stuarts replacing turret for Flakvierling 38 AA mount.

Rank III

T-34/85 R-10

Czechoslovak prototype of mounting 57mm Skoda R-10 on T-34-85 hull.

BOV-3

Yugoslav SPAA built on BOV 4x4 chassis the open top turret carries triple 20mm M55 cannons (Hispano L/70). Top speed is 93,4 kph.

Rank IV

M53/59

Same as the Czechoslovak M53/59 already in game.

BOV-30

BOV 4x4 SPAA with new turret equipped by 30mm cannons. [center]

Rank V

BVP-1 STROP

Prototype of Czechoslovak SPAA based on BVP-1 utilizing the same armament as M53/57. The system uses a unique passive radar system which is able to detect the bearing of enemy planes without a radar emitter. The system then uses a laser rangefinder and TV camera to calculate range and automatic lead. Sadly the prototype was never fully completed while the system was fully completed for purposes of testing the FCS and other electrical instruments used power source outside, but there were plans of installing a gas turbine APU.

PZA Loara

Polish SPAA system which started development in 1984. The system is clearly inspired by Gepard SPAAs and uses the same armament. It is built on modified PT-91 chassis, it is equipped with 26 km range radar and thermal camera. Due to costs it wasn’t accepted for serial production.

LSPZRA Stalagmit

Polish SPAA prototype utilizing two 23mm cannons and quadruple Grom missile launcher. It uses ELOP targeting system utilizing cameras and laser rangefinder.

Rank VI

STROP II

Further Czech development of the STROP project now utilizes the one 2A38 cannon and 2 Strela-2M missiles. It still uses the passive radar technology from STROP I. I decided not to use Slovakian BRAMS since I can’t verify it has any other targeting system other than the optical sight.

ZSU-23-4 “Donets”

Ukrainian SPAA made from ZSU-23-4 turret which is also fitted with 4 Strela-10 missiles placed on a modified T-80 hull.

This could be swapped for or folder with ZSU-23-4MP “Biala”

PASARS-16

Serbian SPAA built on FAP-2026BS/AV chassis utilizing a passive targeting system with thermals and laser rangefinder. The armament consists of 40mm Bofors L/70 and various missiles. Including 2x RLN-1C (improved R-13M) or 4x 9K38 Igla or 4x 9K32M Strela-2M or 2x Mistral 3s. It is also supposedly capable of firing 40mm programmable air burst rounds.

Rank VII

MSHORAD (ReVisor)

I will admit this is somewhat of a mashup of possible configurations. It is SAABs MSHORAD system based on the Czech MARS III truck equipped with a triple RBS-70NG launcher. This system is normally coupled to Giraffe 1X radar in a separate vehicle which isn’t viable in game, so I propose to use Czech trailer based ReVisor radar which can be paired with a portable command station replacing the command console inside the MARS III.

Pantsir-S1

Serbian Pantsir-S1

Line 5 - TDs and SPGs
The line starts with Polish tankettes and continues with Yugoslav field modifications. Following with Czechoslovak “light” tank destroyers and Yugoslav Jackson at rank III, after them there are several very unique SPGs. Following them are ATGM carriers and the high tier is filled with several wheeled vehicles, the last are very unique missile TDs.

Rank I

TKS (FK-A vz.38)

Polish tankette armed with 20mm FK-A vz.38 cannon. The armor is just 10mm and the top speed is 40 kph.

TKS-D

Prototype of TD based on TKS tankette chassis armed with 37mm Bofors wz.36 gun. The top speed was 42 kph but the armor was just 6mm.

75 mm PF621L

Polish SPAA using French 75 mm Mle 1897 field gun mounted on PF621L chassis. I managed to find very little info about it so if anyone is providing more info I would welcome it.

Rank II

SO-75 M3-A3 Mod.

Yugoslav modification of M3-A3 Stuart with Pak 40 mounted instead of the turret.

Rank III

ST-I

Jagdpanzer 38(t) in Czechoslovak service.

OT-810D

The OT-810 is basically Czechoslovak version of Sd.Kfz. 251 half track armed with 82mm vz. 59 recoilless rifle with high muzzle velocity (for recoilless rifle).

M53/59 D-30

Serbian modification of the M53/57 replacing the AA turret with a new one equipped with the 122mm D-30 gun.

Rank IV

SO-90 M-36B1 Mod.

Yugoslav M-36B1 with possibility of a new HEAT round. And new more powerfull engine.

Nora B52

Serbian truck mounted artillery with a top speed of 90 kph. The system has peak ROF of 4 rdspm. Big disadvantage of Nora is very limited firing arc in forward direction.

MT-LB-12

Ukrainian modification of the MT-LB with 100mm MT-12 gun. The performance in game will be highly dependent on ammo selection Gaijin decides to give it.

Rank V

A 40 Himalaya

Slovak development of vz. 77 DANA. The Himalaya is based on a turret developed for the Zuzana program and features a 155mm L52 gun in a 360° rotating turret. In the case of the Himalaya this turret is mounted on the T-72M1 hull.

ShKH vz. 77 DANA

Czechoslovak truck mounted artillery. The turret is placed on a modified Tatra 8x8 chassis. The system has a high ROF for artillery with 5 rdspm and utilizes an automatic loading system. The DANA also has access to potent HEAT rounds with 560mm pen making DANA quite potent TD although with downside of only -4° depression and turret being able to only turn 225° to either side making the turret not fully rotatable. The top speed is 80 kph.

BOV-1

Yugoslav ATGM carrier based on the BOV 4x4 chassis. It is armed with 4 9M14M Malyutka missiles. Top speed is 93,4 kph.

Rank VI

Barrier-S

Basically Ukrainian version of Shturm-S with improved thermals. And improved missiles with more than 800mm pen.

BOV-1

Serbian modernisation of Yugoslav ATGM carrier based on the BOV 4x4 chassis. It is armed with new 9M14-2T5 ATGMS with SACLOS guidenence and tandem warhead with 1000mm pen. Top speed stayed at 93,4 kph.

Varta MRAP with SERDAR (Skif)

Ukrainian Varta MRAPs fitted with the Turkish SERDAR module. This vehicle configuration was originally intended for Morocco but was integrated into the Ukrainian army because of the war. The SERDAR turret is very modular and can fit either 2 Stugna-P (Skif) ATGMs and 2 MGs or it can fit 4 Stugna-P (Skif) ATGMs and 1 MG. The module is also equipped with thermal sight.

Rosomak WWO Wilk

Prototype of fire support vehicle based on Rosomak platform. The Rosomak is fitted with a Cockerill CT-CV turret equipped with a 105mm gun.

Rank VII

WBP Anders 120

Project of universal IFV/light tank platform named Anders developed by Polish company OBRUM. This version is armed with a 120mm Ruag CTG gun with a 12 round autoloader and other 20 in ammo rack and CITV. The top speed is 72 kph.

Ottokar-Brzoza

Polish project of future ATGM based tank destroyers. Currently the project is likely to use 4x4 chassis and have a quadruple launcher armed with Brimstone missiles and other four missiles for reload.

Lazar 3 (RALAS)

Serbian tank destroyer based on the Lazar 3 APC. It is armed with 8 launch tubes for RALAS missiles. The RALAS missiles is a TV guided missile with continuous data transfer between launcher and missile. The operator is able to designate targets mid flight and change the approach. The system is very powerful with only disadvantage being a rather slow flight speed of around 170-200 mps. But I would still be very wary of such a vehicle being added but I wanted to demonstrate the top tier potential.

Premium vehicles
Rank I

LTL

Light tank produced by Czechoslovak ČKD made for Lithuania. It was armed with 20mm Oerlikon cannon, armor was 25mm maximum and top speed was 54 kph. Only one prototype was made.

AB 41

AB 41 used by the Polish Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade.

PZlnż 160

Alternative project to the TKS-D the prototype was armed with 37mm wz.36 Bofors gun, the top speed was 50 kph.

T-21

Prototype of medium tank made by Skoda works. Armed with a 47mm Skoda A11 gun, the armor was 30mm maximum. The top speed was 50 kph.

Rank II

T-34/76 1943 “Lidice”

T-34/76 1943 which was used by 1st Czechoslovak Independent Brigade. The tank was one of the first 10 used by the battalion. With the name chosen in memory of the village Lidice.

T40/75 (67.627)

After WW2 Czechoslovakia decided to refurbish Pz. IV which were left there. Many of these were later sold to Syria. This particular T40/75 is special because it useses Stug IV hull which was remodeled to normal Pz. IV shape and it survived and is now in private collection. There are also other other possible “hybrids” for example Pz. IV auf J hull with auf B or C turret with long 75.

Rank III

Jagdpanzer 38(t) Starr

Late war simplified version of the Jagdpanzer 38(t) with only L/40 gun and without recoil mitigation system. I suggest using one of two unique prototypes, one with improved armor with 80mm of frontal armor or the second equipped with a more powerful Tatra engine.

Sherman IC “Trzyniec”

The same Sherman IC “Trzyniec” is already in the game. It was used by 1st Squadron, 4th Armored Regiment “Scorpion”, 2nd Armored Brigade, 2nd “Warsaw” Armored Division.

SU-85

SU-85 with next to no modifications, the SU-85 were used by both Czechoslovakia and Poland but didn’t really fit the line so I decided to suggest it as a premium/event vehicle.

Tiger A18

During the war Skoda works developed several designs for German tank projects, one of those was the T-25. The prototype was never built but the 75mm L/55 A18 gun with 5 round drum autoloader was made. After the war, the gun was fitted into a Tiger tank for testing. It is unclear if the Tiger was I or II since even though Czechoslovak sources note that there were both I and II they don’t precisely distinguish between them.

T-34-85 no.33

T-34-85 located in Kharkiv as a monument in front of the Kharkiv Higher Tank Command School.

Rank IV

M-18-T55

Bosnian modification of M18/T-55 utilizing T-55 hull with M18 turret.

OT-62D

Czechoslovak modified BTR-50 APC, OT-62 was armed with an 82mm T-21 recoilless rifle. The OT-62D has an additional 82mm BZK vz.59 recoilless rifle mounted on the roof. The top speed was 60 kph.

LOV RAK 24/128

Croatian rocket launcher vehicle based on LOV APCs which itself was based on TK-130 T-7 4x4 chassis. The launcher was placed in the back with 24 missiles ready to fire and one reload. The top speed was 100 kph.

M18A2

Extensive upgrade of the M18 made by Bosnian company for Venezuela. The upgrade include new powerpack, new FCS including IR sight.

Panther G “Pudel”

1st of two Panther Gs captured during the Warsaw uprising. Tank was captured with only minor damage and after repairs it was put to use by the Home Army. It saw combat during the uprising but was damaged on August 11th and abandoned by the crew who destroyed it afterwards.

Rank V

RM-70

Czechoslovak built the BM-21 Grad system utilizing the Tatra 8x8 chassis with armored cab. It also has one additional quick reload available.

BWP-2000

Polish development of new IFV to replace BMP-1. It is based on the SPG Kalina chassis. The main armament consists of 60mm OTO Melara cannon and two TOW-2 launchers fitted to the OTO Melara T60/70A turret, turret is also equipped with CITV. The top speed is 70 kph.

BVP-M2

The BVP-M2 is a prototype of heavy modernisation of BVP-1 (BMP-1) by Czech company Excalibur Army utilizing Slovak Turra 30 turret. The hull is uparmored to STANAG Level 3.

Rank VI

KBV-VR Pandur II

Is command vehicle version of the Pandur IFV, it is unable to use the Spike-LR launcher. There are also different versions of the Czech Pandur one being KBV-PZLOK which is a reconnaissance version equipped with telescopic thermal sight and radar.

T-55M8A2 Typhoon

Is Ukrainian upgrade to T-55 made for the Peruvian army. It includes a new 125mm gun with autoloader, engine and new ERA improving the vehicle protection. The top speed is 75 kph.

T-64BV (Zaslin)

Ukrainian T-64BV equipped with Zaslin APS capable of intercepting both ATGMs and APFSDS.

BMP-64

Ukrainian IFV prototype based on T-64 chassis, boasting good protection for an IFV. It is armed with 30mm cannon and Barrier ATGM launchers. The top speed is 60 kph.

Lazanski IFV

Serbian prototype of wheeled IFV developed from Lazar 3 but having better protection. It is armed with a Russian made RWCS module, the same as one on 2S38 but with one less thermal station.

T-72M2 Moderna

T-72M2 Moderna moved from the Soviet/Russian tree.

BMPT Strazh

Ukrainian BMPT based on T-64 hull but with new turret armed with two 30mm ZTM-2 cannons and two Barrier ATGM launchers and thermals.

Rank VII

T-84-120 “Yatagan” - squadroon vehicle

Ukrainian MBT prototype developed by KMDB based on T-84 Oplot but armed with new 120mm KBM-2 gun and completely new bustle autoloader compatible with NATO standard rounds while being able to fire Konus ATGM. Gunner has access to thermals and the protection is enhanced by the Nozh ERA and Varta (Shtora-1) APS.

M-95 Cobra - event vehicle

Croatian tank destroyer prototype based on M-84A4 hull and telescopic ATGM launcher able to fire Konkurs ATGM. The telescopic launcher and sights can be raised up to 12 metres. Only one missile is ready to fire.

Expanded CEE TT (HU, RO, BG) vehicle descriptions

38.M Toldi I (B.20)

Hungarian light tank armed with 20 mm 36.M anti-tank rifle, 13mm of armor and max speed of 50 kph.

39.M Csaba

Hungarian WW2 armored car equipped with 20 mm Solothurn 36.M anti-tank rifle. The maximum speed was 65 kmph.

40.M Turan I

Hungarian medium tank developed from Czechoslovak T-21 in 1940s. It is armed with a 40 mm MÁVAG 41.M gun. The armor is at most 50 mm and top speed is 47.2 kph.

41.M Turan II

Improved version of Turan I. Modification includes a new turret with new 75 mm MÁVAG 41M L/25 gun, base armor stayed the same but was upgraded with spaced armor around the hull and turret. The top speed decreased due to increased weight to 43 kph.

Opel Blitz with 1939.M Gebaurer MG

Experimental 1939.M Gebaurer MG mounted on Opel Blitz. 1939.M Gebaurer MG was originally intended for aircraft use but was ultimately never adopted because of the light caliber. The MG had a very high ROF of 1800+ rdspm. For testing it was fitted onto an Opel Blitz truck.

Maresal M-02

Third prototype of WW2 Romanian tank destroyer project. It is based on modified T-60 chassis. The armor was up to 30 mm and it was armed with 122 mm M1904/30 howitzer which was able to fire new HEAT shells.

The M-00 prototype

SU-76/Pz. Kpfw. IV

Pz. Kpfw. IV tank which had modified turret which was armed with SU-76 gun.

42.M Toldi IIA

Hungarian light tank armed with 40 mm 37/42M gun, up to 33 mm of armor and max speed of 47 kph.

43.M Toldi III

42.M Toldi IIA with further armor upgrades but retaining the same armament.

43.M Zrinyi II

Version of Hungarian SPG/TD. It was armed with 105 mm howitzer Mávag 40/43.M (L 20,5) which can fire HEAT shells. It has good armor of up to 75mm and top speed of 40 kph.

Maresal M-04

Fifth prototype of WW2 Romanian tank destroyer project, based on a modified T-60 chassis. This prototype was armed with a new 75 mm M1943 Resita AT gun. Armor was slightly weaker with only 10-20 mm.

42.M Toldi IIAK

Version of 42.M Toldi II equipped with additional spaced armor.

43.M Turan III

Prototype of improved Turan II with improved armor and gun. The gun was 75 mm MÁVAG 43.Mand armor was increased to 80 mm. The gun was fitted into new larger turret.

44.M Tas

Project of Hungarian heavy/medium tank heavily inspired by the Panther tank. Works started in 1943. It was to be armed by 29/44M 80 mm L/58 gun but the testing showed some problems with the gun. So it was decided to use 75 mm MÁVAG 43.M, the armor was to be heavily sloped 75 mm on the hull and 100 mm on turret. Assembly of the 75 mm prototype started but wasn’t completed because the factory was bombed. There are two possibilities for in game implementation the 75 mm prototype or the intended version with the 80 mm.

40.M Nimrod

Hungarian anti-aircraft and fire support vehicle based on Toldi chassis, it received an enlarged open top turret which carried Bofors L60 40 mm cannon. In later stages of WW2 the units also received Nimród 42M Kerngranate which was HEAT grenade with 160 mm of pen. Making in-game Nimrod quite potent in anti-tank gameplay with one major downside which would be drastically lowered ROF when using these grenades.

44.M Zrinyi I

Version of Hungarian SPG/TD. This version was armed with a 75 mm MÁVAG 43.M gun. It has good armor of up to 75mm and top speed of 41 kph.

BMP-23

Bulgarian IFV based on 2S1 howitzer hull. The turret was armed with 2A14 23 mm cannon and Maljutka ATGMs. I propose possible modification upgrade to BMP-23A which has smoke granades and access to 9K111 Fagot ATGM

RN-94 OWS-25R

6x6 APC which was developed by Romania and Turkey in 1994. This prototype was armed with the OWS-25R turret which carries 25 mm Oerlikon cannon and two ATGMS either 2x Maljutka or 2x Spikes.

TR-77-580

Romanian version of T-55 which was elongated to fit 800 HP engine but engine development was never finished and so only 580 HP engine was used instead.

TR-85M1

Further development from the TR-77-580. The TR-85 has improved armor to around 300 mm which is further improved on the M1 version with Romanian ERA but the gun stayed the same but is able to fire new APFSDS rounds. Engine was also improved to 860 HP engine from Germany.

2b9 AMB-1

Hungarian project of developing self propelled platform for the 2b9 automatic grenade mortar. It uses a modified AMB-1 ambulance hull. The 2b9 82 mm has ROF of 120 and is able to fire special cumulative grenades with 100 mm of pen. The vehicle is also equipped with a laser range finder and the night vision device.

TR-125

Romanian prototype of their own domestically produced T-72, it uses a domestic “copy” of the standart 125 mm gun and has slightly improved armor. The hull was lengthened to accommodate better engine with 900 HP.

T-72 CURRUS

Hungarian prototype of improved T-72M1 which was fitted with new ERA improving its armor, and improved autoloader which has ROF of 10. The commander also has acces to passive night vision device

KF41

Hungarian version of KF41 Lynx. The IFV has enhanced protection with Strikeshield APS panels placed around the hull. The APS is capable of stopping ATGMs and has full 360 coverage. It is fitted with a manned turret which is armed with MK 30-2/ABM 30 mm cannon and both commander and gunner have access to thermals. The current version doesn´t have ATGMs installed but the turret is capable of fitting theoretically of up to 4 Spike LR ATGMS. Therefore I decided to suggest two different variants of the Lynx one without Spikes (like PUMA) and one with them.

As you can see I tried to avoid copy paste and non domestic vehicles as much as possible and I also tried to avoid repetition of very similar vehicles as much as possible. And I am well aware that the starting TT wont have nowhere near as many vehicles as I outlined here so here is an illustration highlighting the vehicles which could be in the starting TT.

Old versions

There already was simmilar suggsetion on the old forum made by @eleks12, it also included Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania. Here is the link Intermarium Tech tree *aka Eastern Europe* - Other Nations - War Thunder - Official Forum There are also some vehicles present which I didn´t include here.

If you have any questions or vehicles you want to suggest I will be very happy to reply. Thank you for your feedback.

Removed vehicles
  1. Rosomak AMUR because there are solid sources showing that the turret was never completed
  2. Zbik-P/R because it was shown that it didn’t exist and the photo of it is photoshop.
  3. 14TP as it was never completed
  4. SMK 120 RAK as it is useless in the game
  5. SO-75 Mk.III Mod. as it is fake vehicle

Rosomak AMUR

Polish Rosomak with a remote weapon module carrying 4 Spike-LR ATGMs and 4 Grom AA missiles.

Zbik-P/R

Polish SPAA prototype built upon Zbik armored car (BRDM-2B) armed with quadruple Grom missile launcher and radar.

14TP

Unfinished prototype of next Polish light tank. It was to be armed with most likely 37mm Bofors wz.37 L/45 the armor was between 35-50mm and top speed was to be 50 kph.

SMK 120 RAK

Polish wheeled 120mm mortar system. The system is able to achieve ROF of 6-8 rdspm and top speed is 80 kph. I believe such vehicles could provide quite interesting gameplay.

SO-75 Mk.III Mod.

Yugoslav modification of Pz. III with Pak 40 mounted instead of the turret.

30 Likes

Another great suggestion for getting these nations into the game! I agree that Hungary and Romania should go to Italy as sub-trees or other vehicles, and I suppose Bulgaria could join them. I personally would like to see Yugoslavia/post-Yugo/Balkans as its own tree, with the Visegrad group separated into their own tree, but this one is also nice. Good job!

7 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!

Although IMO the Yugoslavia or V4 themselfs don´t have enough vehicles to form proper tech tree. The GF trees could be managable but still very weak/small. But I was looking into the air tree before and even the fully combined TT is very small and I can´t reasonably imagine how the AF TT could work as independend. But I will admit that I perhaps have bit stricter opinion when it comes to copy-paste (read several very small modification to fill out the tree).

4 Likes

Awesome idea, along with Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria being in this tree as they all have mostly similar equipment - big no to Italy having any of those countries represented in the Italian tree after WW2, they shouldn’t have access to (mostly) Soviet equipment when they didn’t use any of it, or anything similar

6 Likes

I love it, but i would also like to see that version of pt-91 in tech tree or as a squadron vechicle.
Also Polish abrams could be added.

4 Likes

Czechoslovakia, Poland and Yugoslavia could easily have independent trees, especially if a Visegrad tree were made out of CZ and PL.
I see no reason why (post-) Yugoslav vehicles would have to share a tree with Lithuania and Ukraine either.

11 Likes

Hi! Nice work, I appreciate it.

I think Hungary should go into this tree because it has more connections with countries like Poland and Czechia. Also it would make more sense to fit Hungary’s vehicles here because like the Turáns are heavily modified Czech tanks (Over 200 modifications). Also because of the Warsaw pact it would make sense to put Hungary into the CEE tech tree and the usage of modified T-72 and T-55s does not need to be put in the Italian tech tree. But I know Gaijin does not look at connections.

And Hungary has some cold war vehicles with Hungarian modifications which is why saying that hungary ends at rank III is wrong, ofcourse these cold war vehicles are rarely talked about, even in Hungary.

The Hungarian part of the tech tree could be made much stronger with adding more Hungarian vehicles. I want to list some vehicles you and the others may not know about, and give you some advice.

About Rank I:

Okay so the Toldi had many variants, you can add the 38.M Toldi I (A.20), 38.M Toldi I (B.20) at rank I.

The Turáns if you want can also be made into early and late modifications, the late modification of the

40.M Turán I late version can have a better AP shell that the Nimród used and can have skirts as an armour upgrade.

The Turán II can have a late war modification which can have add on track armor everywhere on the front and skirts on the sides. Also a little correction it is 41.M Turán II.

Can add the Opel blitz with Gebauer motor-driven machinegun with an rpm of 1800-2000, which can be a early AA at like 1.3 or something like that.

I dont think the 43.M Zrínyi II would be a good idea at 2.0, it has 75mm frontal armor and a HEAT shell which has 1.7 kg of explosive. It should be higher.

Also there could be a late modification 43.M Zrínyi II with skirts and a lot of add on tracks as on the front and sides, which would sit at a higher br.

You could add the Toldi IIAK as a premium, it is a Toldi IIA with side skirts.

You can add the iconic 39.M Csaba armored car, the 27.M Rába “Vr” and the V-4 tanks which had two versions.

Rank II

Now about rank II, you can add the Nimród páncélvadász and the Csepel truck with 180mm rockets.

Rank III

You can make an early and late Nimród AA vehicle, here the difference is big.The late one can get a fin stabilised HEAT grenade which can penetrate 180mm of armor, now thats a lot.

There is a Zrínyi II which has like 100mm of armor, this is my speculation on it so maybe it is false.

At rank III the turán III is too high, it should be 4.7 max but I think that is too much for it as well.

The Tas has a too high br as well, it should 5.3 or 5.0, also we could have two versions. One with a 75mm same as on the Zrínyi and the other an 80mm modified bofors gun.

The Zrínyi I is good and you could put in the Zrínyi I sorozatvető(with the rockets) as a premium.

Also there are many 2b9 automatic mortar vehicles which have 120 rpm and a Hungarian made HEAT shell which can penetrate 100mm of armor at an angle of 90. These vehicles are DE-81SP Rába H9, DE-81SP UNIMOG, 2B9 AMB-1 and 2B9 MT-LBu. These can be put at rank III or IV, in my opinion.

Also big thing are the Buzogányvető vehicles which would be unique. It is the worlds first heavy anti-tank rocket. It has a diameter of 215mm and can penetrate 300mm of armor, it could penetrate every tank from ww2. And it has around 4-5 kg of explosives in it.
The were mounted onto Krupp Protze Trucks, Nimród vehicles and on a Toldi tank.

Rank IV and V

Here you can add the PSZH with 3 Malyutka ATGMs.

Also the KTJ SSzöcske with the SZPG-9D

Now for the fun part, you can add a BMP-1 with a BTR-80A turret.

You can add the T-55A SZRP which is a T-55A equipped with Hungarian ERA.

Rank VI

You can add the BMP-1 with an OWS-25, it has a 25mm oerlikon KBA cannon and stingers, so an AA vehicle.

Gaz-66 IGLA, which is a GAZ truck with IGLAs.

Mistral Unimog, and unimog truck with Mistral 2 and 3 type rockets.

UAZ-469 jeep with Konkurs ATGM.
UAZ-469 jeep with METISZ ATGM.
Mercedes benz G 270 CDI with METISZ ATGM.
UAZ-469 jeep with Fagot ATGM.

A better suggestion from my part, the T-72 CURRUS which is a modernised T-72.

The modernisation includes:

Reactive armor which can defeat 60-70% of the incoming cumulative projectiles penetration. Some sources say it has 600mm of protection against cumulative effect rounds.

Better autoloader control computer, meaning faster reload. It can load in 5-6 seconds, meaning around 10 shots per minute.

Better stabilising computer. Meaning it is more accurate. Its name is K-1MC2, it is more precise both vertically and horizontally than the original that comes with the T-72. The original is the K-1M.
K-1M has an accuracy of 2 mrad in horizontally and 0.8 mrad in vertically, while the Hungarian one has 1.2 mrad in horizontally and 0.6 mrad in vertically.

Smoke grenade launchers on the turret. All in all 16 launchers, 8 on each turret side.

Laser warning reciever.

Automatic engine control.

Automatic gear shift control.

Combat manafement computer, friend-foe identification system.

Commander’s passive vision device (PCO).

Driver has passive night vision device (PCO).

R-173 and R-173P radios.

And it has neutral steering.

At rank VII you can add Leopards, but I dont think thats needed.
You can add the KF-41 Lynx, Hungary was the first to put it in sevice and the first to manufacture it in series.

I dont want to come off bad, I just want to help you. Hopefully you found something new and interesting.

Note: If you want pictures or sources, just ask me and I happily answer it.

This is my sub-tree of Hungary that I made, here you can see the vehicles that I mentioned.

Spoiler

4 Likes

i honestly love this TT proposal.

1 Like

Amazing work. Looking forward for this being implemented sometime in the future! :)

1 Like

Great plan for a tree but addition of PT-17 is bad as it’s a concept mock up like PT-16 or PL-01.

I suggest adding Loara into the tree as it’s a Gepard equivalent with maybe the Poprad with it’s Grom/Piorun missiles.

1 Like

This should definitely be the next tech tree implemented in War Thunder. So many interesting vehicles, and with such little copy paste in between. Gaijin should really embrace pluralist tech trees like this, it’s a far better way to add interesting and unique vehicles than just wasting them as event vehicles or BP rewards.

Well that’s precisely the problem, Gaijin prefers to waste time and energy by copying and pasting vehicles to put them in events and Batle passes. With Gaijin I learned never to be too impatient.

And don’t forget that Gaijin still has very little communication. We do not know the content of the next major update for example, a roadmap for future content is still not very difficult.

There are many trees currently appearing in the suggestions, there is still the Marine National Coastal tree missing. I think they should wait without thinking about the content of the next major Update, and this to avoid disappointment.

I would add 2 more Bosnian vehicles, a BOV 1 tank destroyer aswell as a M60A3TTS main battle tank. Mabye even an AMX 10P.

1 Like

+1 from me. As A Czech with bias to see my nation in game (not as part of Russia TT) i would love to have this in game

2 Likes

Yeah placing Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria is hard. Especially Hungary is problematic the pre-war makes sence to group them with CEE but during war it makes most sence to place them with Italy as minor-axis but then they have “soviet” weaponry. IMO they could be placed eighter way in CEE or Italy.

Okay so the Toldi had many variants, you can add the 38.M Toldi I (A.20), 38.M Toldi I (B.20) at rank I.
The Turáns if you want can also be made into early and late modifications, the late modification of the 40.M Turán I late version can have a better AP shell that the Nimród used and can have skirts as an armour upgrade.
The Turán II can have a late war modification which can have add on track armor everywhere on the front and skirts on the sides. Also a little correction it is 41.M Turán II.

I am not really fan of padding out TT with countless modifications of same vehicle with just minor modifications. So I personally would leave it at just one vehicle each for these. Thank you for the correcting the mistake.

Can add the Opel blitz with Gebauer motor-driven machinegun with an rpm of 1800-2000, which can be a early AA at like 1.3 or something like that.

Could you provide bit more info about this, it seems interesting. Thanks!

I dont think the 43.M Zrínyi II would be a good idea at 2.0, it has 75mm frontal armor and a HEAT shell which has 1.7 kg of explosive. It should be higher.

I have no idea what I was thinking, looking at it now 3.0 seems more apropriate.

Also there could be a late modification 43.M Zrínyi II with skirts and a lot of add on tracks as on the front and sides, which would sit at a higher br.

As I already said I am not really fan of padding out TT with countless modifications of same vehicle.

You could add the Toldi IIAK as a premium, it is a Toldi IIA with side skirts.

That is possibility.

You can add the iconic 39.M Csaba armored car, the 27.M Rába “Vr” and the V-4 tanks which had two versions.

Very interesting vehicle, that is indeed good fit for the LT line.

You can make an early and late Nimród AA vehicle, here the difference is big.The late one can get a fin stabilised HEAT grenade which can penetrate 180mm of armor, now thats a lot.

Can you tell me the differences between the different Nimróds and the souurce for the 180mm penetrating HEAT I couldn´t find anything.

At rank III the turán III is too high, it should be 4.7 max but I think that is too much for it as well.

I will move it down to 4.7 but I wouldn´t go lower. The gun isn´t bad and the armor is also very solid. As far as I can see.

The Tas has a too high br as well, it should 5.3 or 5.0, also we could have two versions. One with a 75mm same as on the Zrínyi and the other an 80mm modified bofors gun.

I disagree it has very good armor and the 75mm gun seems solid. But I would like more info about it as far as I found the 80mm variant was never completed as the gun was never delivered but I am still not really sure about what precise 75mm gun was used. Do you have more info?
Even the 75mm variant seems on the edge what would be eligible for implementation.

Also there are many 2b9 automatic mortar vehicles which have 120 rpm and a Hungarian made HEAT shell which can penetrate 100mm of armor at an angle of 90. These vehicles are DE-81SP Rába H9, DE-81SP UNIMOG, 2B9 AMB-1 and 2B9 MT-LBu. These can be put at rank III or IV, in my opinion.
Also big thing are the Buzogányvető vehicles which would be unique. It is the worlds first heavy anti-tank rocket. It has a diameter of 215mm and can penetrate 300mm of armor, it could penetrate every tank from ww2. And it has around 4-5 kg of explosives in it.
The were mounted onto Krupp Protze Trucks, Nimród vehicles and on a Toldi tank.

One of these could be interesting as premium/event. I will look into them.

Here you can add the PSZH with 3 Malyutka ATGMs.
Also the KTJ SSzöcske with the SZPG-9D
You can add the T-55A SZRP which is a T-55A equipped with Hungarian ERA.
You can add the BMP-1 with an OWS-25, it has a 25mm oerlikon KBA cannon and stingers, so an AA vehicle.
A better suggestion from my part, the T-72 CURRUS which is a modernised T-72.

Can you point me where I would find bit more info about these.
And I will think about the KF41 Lynx

Thank you for feedback, by mock up you mean that the turret wasn´t finished/didn´t have armor?

Loara is great idea, thanks I missed it. As for Poprad as far as I can it is purely missile AA without radar and the missiles are quite weak (they are basically manpads) and quite large platform. I don´t think it is needed when Zbik-P/R is simply better.

1 Like

+1 not bad idea

I wanna see another idea aircraft for Central and Eastern European Tech Tree from you or other user later

Okay, I understand that there is no need to bloat the tech tree with vehicles with little differences.

Toldi I

I understand for no need of adding vehicles with little differences.

I would suggest that the Toldi I should be the 38.M Toldi I (B.20), because its 8mm machinegun had a 100 round magazine against the (A.20s) 25 round one. It would be better.

about the Turán

Then in my opinion make the 41.M Turán II have its add on track armor, so it would be different than what Italy has.

Here you can see it.

Opel blitz gebauer

Here is the opel blitz, aircraft machineguns were put on to the truck, thats why it has a big fire rate
WT Live // Image by Hebime

Zrínyi II

Okay, than what do you think about the Zrínyi II getting it as an modification?

Track armor was put not only in the front but the whole side too.

Toldi IIAK

Here is the Toldi IIAK:

Nimród

The difference between the early and the late would be, that for the late the engine would be manufactured in Hungary, but it would be the same power wise. When I said big difference I meant firepower.

Here is the Nimród with the fin-stabilised HEAT grenade. The grenade had a diameter of 160mm.
Stielgranate 41 - Wikipedia
It is a german made grenade that was modified for easier loading for the Nimród and other 40mm AA guns.

Turán III

The Turán IIIs gun is same as on the Zrínyi I, which is a good gun. Armor is 80mm frontaly and not 90mm as some sources say, if I am rigth they planned for 90mm but because of no time they had 80mm on the tank. The problem is the huge cupola, and other weakspots like the drivers optics and machinegun port as on the Turán II, which is like 25mm or 50mm at best. Also, amazing reverse speed for the Turán III.

But dont the Chi-to tanks suffer at that br? with 75mm armor, and a good gun.
I played them a little bit but I cant remember how good they were.

Tas

Yes it has very good armor and has a good reverse speed. The gun is okay as well. I dont know, its just weird it could get uptiered to Tiger IIs, T34s, object 268s and other heavily armored vehicles that could easily kill it and the Tas could not even penetrate their armor. I think the Tas 75mm should be at 5.3 and the Tas 80mm should be at 5.7 because of the better gun. What do you think?

The 80mm version was discussed on the old forum, when someone posted a topic about the Tas. The moderators were okay if the 80mm would be suggested in another post, because the guy who posted the Tas suggested the 75mm and the 80mm Tas in the same post.

Here is the 29/44.M gun:

The gun was built.
Note that the 80mm had around 130mm of penetration at 1000m. So around 160-170mm at 10m.

The Tas used the 43.M 75mm gun. The same as on the Zrínyi I or on the Turán III. The 43.M 75mm gun was a modified Pak 40 gun. Like you said it is a solid gun. Hope this cleared some confusion.

I think the 75mm and the 80mm could be added to the tech tree. Sad that the bombings destroyed almost everything of the Tas, the only remaining thing about the Tas is its reticle, where it writes 8cm, meaning the gun.

Automatic mortar vehicles

DE-81SP UNIMOG

DE-81SP RÁBA H9
this is the truck

MT-LBu 2b9

2b9 AMB-1

The 2b9 and the DE-81 are almost the same, only notable difference is the depression. They have the same type of HEAT shell with 100mm of penetration, same fire rate. 120 rpm, the DE-81 has a diameter of 81mm and the 2b9 has a caliber 82mm. Note that the MT-LBu and the AMB-1 have laser rangefinders. Also the shell velocity is 270m/s.

I think they are meme vehicles that can be real deadly.

cold war and modern vehicles

PSZH with 3 Malyutka ATGMs

KTJ-04 Szöcske SZPG-9D

T-55A SZRP

T-72 CURRUS or T-72M

BMP-1 OWS-25

So it was bad on my part that I did not provide any picture or source so, sorry about that.

You did not find info on a lot of vehicles because they are sooo rare. Even in Hungary its rarely talked about. Its like “Oh yeah, we made that vehicle” and thats it, nothing else is mentioned about it.

The documentation is really scarce, so thats why you cant find anything online, especially in english.

I will provide you with more info about cold war vehicles when I will be able to.

Also if you have any question regarding Hungarian vehicles, just ask me.

1 Like

In my opinion this is just the V4 tech tree but worse, and having so many nations will only serve to stifle the majority of member nations’ arsenals from being added. I’m not against adding these nations, but I think other ways of doing it should be pursued instead. -1

12 Likes

Is there a maximum number of vehicles that can be added for any given line? Certainly doesn’t feel that way, To me, far from stifling the line, it seems as though it’s the besy way to ensure there’s a constant stream of vehicles that can be added that’ll fill any given role. That’s the largest issue with minor tech trees as a whole, there’s a very finite pool of vehicles that can be added, and often leaves gaps that cannot be filled without breaking the meat (Japanese and Israeli SAMs, non-light Italian tanks, etc).

Spliting the line all but ensures that any of the lines that are created are more likely to run into that issue.

The other option is to implement the split sub tree system that was proposed (And accepted for consideration way back), thus meaning that you can have smaller lines with gaps that can be made up by other lines that are linked to them, while giving space for every nation to get all the vehicles it produced to make it into the game. Then it’s just a question of what nations to link each line to. Wouldn’t suggest Russia for political and gameplay reasons, but maybe there are enough of these to just pick one as the main line (Yugo, Poland, Czechoslovakia), with the rest as split trees off of that?

2 Likes

I’m not sure whether lines have a maximum number of vehicles, but there can only be a maximum of five lines (excluding premiums) due to software limitations in War Thunder.