Call of the Dragon: Object 292

it loses the 30mm high hardness plate, the difference between getting penned and not getting penned. You can test it yourself, there are few spaces on the T-80B UFP where the plate doesnt reach in the bottom left and right, the difference it makes is pretty major.

Exact this thing. 10sec AUTOLOADER is not disadvantage when you have it constant. It’s a drawback that comes with lolpen round and 152mm caliber. That’s all. You need to play more carefully and know your shots with long reload, and it’s a thing to learn. But in this case you doesn’t need to know a place to shot or disable the tank because 700mm of pen shot will just lolpen every MBT in this BR bracket, combined with speed you will be first on many positions and combined with 2km/s dart and laser rangefinder you will pick targets with ease. People saying that this tank will suck are typical skill issue type of players. Also comparing it to LOSAT is stupidity. LOSAT btw is a fun loltank with unique feature to have such high penetration kinetic rockets but it’s drawbacks are so huge (vertical traverse, big ammo rack, missile need to catch speed, aiming on closer distances) that it’s barely unusable on most maps when encounter distance is typically around 500 meters. This new object 292 is not PAPER ARMOUR tank. Without appliqué armour it’s still around 300ish mm on upper plate and you know what? Leopard 2A4 has the same amount of armour on upper plate. So why it’s considered low on armour ? It still can neglect poor placed shots and we know Gaijin and it would have broken damage model for sure. Another story how they will model turret armour and weight simulators, if this would be paper thin (literally) it’s enough for it to at least be 10.7, but for sure it’s not and would still be trolly.
In conclusion: I still think it’s massively undertiered, lack of thermals when you can disable night battles anyway is not enough to drop it’s BR to 10.0. We need decompression, not more overpowered tanks on BRs they don’t belong to. Gaijin still proves that BIAS is real, first with Object 120 that had the best dart and HEAT-FS when introduced, then later BMP-2M with Kornet on 8.7 and Chrizantiema with Kornet as well on 9.0 when first introduced(if I remember correctly Chrizantiema).

1 Like

I don’t remember anyone crying about these two machines, neither the Americans nor the Germans, much less that such big guns should get a nerf, so I’m sorry, but it doesn’t compare to what gaijin wants to present now in the form of 700 pen.
I understand what you wanted to achieve, but it’s a stupid comparison if we look at the differences between these barrels

Unless you have official sources there is nothing you can do about it.

Also people loves to claim many unrealistic things, wouldnt count on that.

2 Likes

The Russians get another totally broken tank, what’s more they put it at BR 10 so they can make sure it’s totally OP… and then who says Russian prejudice doesn’t exist, LOL

This tank should be at least at BR 12 with such penetration

Meanwhile the Italian Ariete is at BR 11.7 without any armour and with a less powerful shell than object 292

all these reports are complete nonsense. And they will be accepted only when it becomes profitable for the developer

292 has the same composite array as the T80U, not T80B so it has better hull armor

1 Like

i sincerely hope that this wont be released at BR 10.0…
Compare to the CV90120; it has less armor and less penetration (but 5 sec reload and faster speed, sure but that does not matter much for tanks built to snipe) and its at BR 11.3…

Edit:
or even better, compare to T80U, same armor and almost same speed but the pen is 65%(SWE) or 76%(USSR) of the OBJ 292. again reload 6.5sec vs 10 sec, but again, its built to snipe from distance so reload rate wont matter much. and The T80U is at BR 11.0

How if it has the chassy from a t80b ?

From T-80BV

If you have real proves they SHOULD take it in account, so don’t lose the faith, make the report when it released.

i think that reload time is more important for a sniper tank, it determined how many round you can shoot to enemies before you been notice and must run

1 Like

Not necessarily, i often do the “shoot and scoot” tactic where I peek from a hill, shoot, back up behind hill again and wait untill a good opportunity to shoot again.

Then Reload doesn’t really matter as much as it does in cqc or open terrain where if both see and shoot at the same time, both survive, the one with faster reload often wins. But if you are behind a hill that reload time fast becomes less important.

it depend on enemy, if you enemy is sharp enough, you may been hit if you are shooting the secord round, you may being restrained and cant support your team, if you are not so lucky, you canno may be killed, then enemy can have enough time to cross the area you were sniping at or push to you and kill you

Does this tank have a stabiliser?

Interesting: In addition to the Kirov plant in Leningrad, development of 152 mm guns was carried out at the Ural Design Bureau of Transport Engineering (“Object 195”) and the Kharkov Malyshev Plant (“Boxer” project).

Guns for tanks in the USSR/In Russia, they are developed by Specialized enterprises, not tank production plants…
Guns for tanks Object 477 Boxer/Object 292-Developed at the Central Research Institute TsNII “Burevestnik”-Gorky (Nizhny Novgorod)…
1.Object 477_LP-81/LP-81M/LP-83
2.Object 292_LP-83

1 Like

You can clearly see the LWS and what would be K5 as seen on the T-90A, the tank that the 292 was potentially going to compliment as the next version of the T-80. Would be nice to see the 292 with armor etc. in the TT when they get there at some point.

Which tank is the paper tank? Which E series tank was a fully functioning prototype?

1 Like

The object-292-has passed a full cycle of factory tests and firing-the project has been curtailed due to lack of funding…

DishModels.ru - Сайт стендовых моделистов. Галерея, обзоры, конкурсы.

Anti-ERA tip isn’t even going to work properly until they model ERA and penetrators with full physics, which they still haven’t. DM73 specifically, on a tank that with the new spall liners is the hardest tank to kill at top tier? I could understand 829A3 if US mains continue to struggle, but DM73 is insane.

All because a T-80 with no thermals, no ERA, at 10.0, which won’t even see 11.7 unless dragged into it, has a round with about 695m pen? Talk about overreaction.

Agreed. All of that pen is wasted in a downtier or at 10.0. Tank will be horribly unbalanced as the testbed without armor and thermals if it’s brought up in BR.

1 Like