Call of the Dragon: Object 292

Dev or live server?

Seeing 152 was described as a big upgrade over 125,these values are no big suprise.

Dev

1 Like

First of all this isnt even a official source, its just a random secondary source thats has no backup to support those numbers, second if we assume those Numbers are real they are most likely tested against steel which funny enough DM53 achieves similiar penetration in that case (1000mm).

This is nothing but a empty claim.

There is absolutely no way that this thing has a full speed 2 plane stabilizer lmao.
Russian tanks struggle to even keep their 125mm on target at higher speeds.

10.0 is about where i expected it to be. It has a massive amount of pen, but that really isnt that important at these BRs, you should be able to kill anything you meet from the front with any MBT calibre APFSDS anyway.

The entire reason the T-80B is good is because it has decent mobility (and a reverse gear above 4) paired with a decent amount of frontal armour. Basically everything else about it is on-par or worse than contemporaries (M1, 2A4, etc). The 292 takes away the only big thing the T-80B really has (the armour) and instead gives you a gun with a massive amount of pen that you dont need, a longer reload, and slower turret traverse. TLDR; it’s fine at 10.0, and even there it’s still going to be less capable than the PT-16/T14 mod.

3 Likes

less capable than PT16/T14?
wow

Quote me saying that then.

T80 (good mobility, small and good armour) with one of the easiest to aim guns that pens literally everything, no matter where you aim is just a tad too strong when compared with challenger mk2 and t72b.

Also you can’t be seriously comparing 1980m/s APFSDS to LOSAT that has same pen only at over 1km…

Claiming that base T80 is in any way at the same league as losat as a platform is just ridiculous.

T80 is already amazing platform at 10.0. Add to it the fact that you can just look anywhere on your opponent and lolpen it is simply broken.

And i bet this round will have a huge amount of spalling.

Lmao… M60 and T80 definitely are equal… /s.

yes, that’s what i said. The PT-16 has a 4 second autoloader, extremely good mobility, and excellent gun handling and depression/elevation. It’s basically a 2k (which is incredible) with a 4 second autoloader, minus the rh202. It’s easily the best 10.0 and i’d take it over any 10.3 with the exception of maybe an ace crew 2A4.

When it released, if you don’t think has the real stats make a report.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder

1 Like

I’m sick of you. I was saying that people tend to get hysterical without real practice, evaluating a tank card.

A lot of people before they got the LOSAT thought it would be strong. But it didn’t.

Evaluating the effectiveness of tanks with strange parameters is difficult. I’m not sure the damage and penetration of the 152mm cannon would be worth having the slowest turret on the top dash, no thermal imager, no smoke, and a 10 second cooldown.

It’s very hard to assess the equivalence of such an exchange without actual practice.

The LOSAT seemed scary on paper too - 12 missiles, huge damage that blew up all the tanks in the test drive. And in practice it’s not even close to that.

1 Like

I agree with the view that PT16 has better maneuverability than 292, but that cannon might makes it a 1 click machine, even though it takes 10 seconds to reload
after all, everything is still in the fog until we can test that thing into combat

Because it has no vertical traverse lol, there was no way it would be good on anything else than maybe City maps and at very long range which doesn’t happen very often.

Actually even has the T-80U base hull which is impenetrable to every KE projectile until 10.7 except 2S25M , ZTZ-99 and LOSAT (lmao)

Oh, my God. How many times do I have to tell you I’m talking about what a lot of people thought before they got it.

Of course, now you know what he’s really like.

292 may also be worse than you think.

3 Likes

No because there is no such decisive factor as the LOSATs fixed launcher which seemed good on the flat test drive map.

We know exactly how mobile a T-80B is, we know how good the hull and turret armor are, we know how 10 second reload affect gameplay, we know that Russian tanks have slow horizontal and vertical traverse and we know that 700mm pen lolpens basically everything.

1 Like

sorry what ?
how does it loses armor ? only thing would be maybe the k1 but otherwise nah
meanwhile it gains a lol pen round and what 4.5 sec longer reload ?
nah it would be even usefull on 11.7 with that round, you can always play around the long reload
Something you learn to do playing tanks without auto loader and 2 crewmember left…

1 Like

Except it has better armor?

Ohhh you mean those MBT who got totaly nerf with pen less than 300 vs russian 700 pen ?? change your pills

Only the cannon was mentioned in the post I was replying to. I was literally mocking the sloppiness of the man’s wording

The fact more or less remains that, the penetrator for LP-83 weighs almost twice that of DM53 and is likely substantially longer, I’ve seen people measuring a shell claimed to be for LP-83 at almost 1 meter in length.

But it is certainly extremely difficult to find information about LP-83/2A73.

To me, 400mm at 60 degrees is very disappointing. This is clearly a gimped vehicle.

2 Likes