Call of the Dragon: Earn the Object 292!

just a sort of related question as you seem to know way more than me on the subject:
when i check my stats my average score and average relative placement change in opposite directions depending on if i choose last month and all time. i.e my average score goes up but my average placement goes down. do you have any explanation for this as it confused me. how can my placement be worse when i score better?

Edit:
side note, he might have ment adjusted score? as in 1.53x due to top tier(1.2x) GRB(1.33x) modifiers.
thus his now average 1800(rounded for ease of math) becoming 2700 points towards the event. would make sense if that is what he ment. (still not 2500-4000 nor trivial though)

You do more in game, your average score goes up. More people do even more than you, your ARP goes down.

well yes, but as an average it doesn’t really make sense in my head. i get the general concept of it in a game, but when averaged out an increase in score should automatically become an increase in average placement.

Not necessarily, score is your personal performance, ARP is your performance in relation to other players.

Say you played normal and made 3k score, being the best performer, getting you high ARP, now recently you tried even harder for the event, making 4k, so your score goes up, but now you’re in team with ppl trying really hard, making 6k score.

Average score goes up, ARP goes down…

so basically a majority of players improved their score on average more than me?

I’m not gonna analyse play styles here, just stick to the stats. If we superimpose your lifetime and last-month numbers on the ground RB chart from the Data Analysis article we see this (you’re the orange dots):

Spoiler

As the chart shows, there is very little “play” between ARP (average relative position) and score. Your playstyle and strats change simply don’t change as much in ground as other modes: it’s not “linear” technically but it is on rails.

But you can have still less efficient strats, they just don’t introduce as much vertical variation as in the other modes. Not having a good air game or AA game yet is one example of closing off options and reducing general efficiency. One-death leaving more, or not having enough vehicle slots or vehicles at the BR you’re playing to stay in games to an end are another. But if you’re on or above the line shown in last-month data, you’re basically playing your chosen mode as efficiently as anyone can given equivalent skill levels.

Generally players will progress up this line, left to right, as they get better. Your lifetime stats show until recently you had a greater historic inefficiency than average, in that you were well below the line in terms of what you should have been getting for that 70 ARP score these days. One possibility here is that you changed things up somehow strat-wise recently–in ground RB the most common reason is going to be developing an air game–and now you’re back “on the line” with everybody else, whereas before you were working harder than everybody else for the same money.

How this manifests in game is that there’s really no upper bound on score, where there is on position. You can’t do better than first, but the score you can get on a really big win can be double what you would get on a different game where you also finished first. Things like taking full advantage of planes will do this, allow you to ride those blow-out victories longer and rack up larger scores, even if in other ways they make you temporarily a less efficient player than you were when you didn’t have any real air game and couldn’t maximize score gains on the really big victories as efficiently (again, not suggesting that’s you, just one example of how strat changes introduce vertical offset to what is otherwise a fairly flat line here).

The other possibility is that “lifetime” is a very long time and if you’ve been playing the game for a long time (which you haven’t, no offense, which is why I would rule it out) you’ve transitioned through different scoring regimes and lifetime stats are more reflective of scoring stats in those previous regimes than in the current game (the curve has moved, basically). This is why last-month stats are the ones you want to use to analyse your own performance.

3 Likes

This tank is already down to just 50 coins on the Meerkat, what a joke. The cloned plane will cost even less. Not much point in grinding the 750k score for selling in future events with low prices like this.

Good. Maybe players start focusing on doing events for the vehicles and not for profit.

3 Likes

We finally agree on something.

1 Like

Well practically all vehicles in his first days on market have low prices. Now is time to wait, remember people selling his T-72 Moderna for 60 bucks 2 years ago and now is near 300.

vs the typical 20-35 coins for the last stars events vehicles :D and its already back up to 58 coins rn, but what your ignoring is how many are being sold vs last events (655 as of this moment) vs the 3000k+ per event vehicle.

I did say the coupon would be easily double last event vehicles due to rarity (turns out i was right)

not only will this coupon keep its value better (less being sold) it should also go up in value more as more ppl buy whats left, so ide easily argue 750k for 1 vehicle that is already 2x the sell value and took less time vs 2 vehicles in last event is worth the effort

It is only the first half day of the sale, from the people who grinded it out as soon as it was humanly possible. There will be hundreds and maybe even thousands more coupons by the end of this week.

there wont be thousands i can guarantee that, the only reason last event vehicles have 3k+ in total coupons being on the market is because it was so easy to get 1 vehicle vs 2, by making the 1 vehicle call it double the last events you half the potential number of ppl who often got 1 vehicle only to push for a 2nd vehicle in time/effort.

Ill give it 2 weeks and you wont see anything more than 1200-1500 and it will still sit in the high 50s

You also only have to look at initial sale prices (not buy prices) and the 292 was already being put up for 4x the value of the Vilkas on day 1 of the sale and its already 2x the price now as the high sale mark ups begin to platau to an average consensus of sellers

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
this is really interesting and i will read your other article more in depth when i have more time :D

oh you are going to get a kick out of this!
I STARTED PLAYING THE US TECH TREE!!! XD
i have been playing almost exclusively Sweden since i started years ago. i started with US about 1.5-2 months ago :P

" If you don’t manage to complete a stage on time or would like to purchase a stage, until February 22nd from the Achievements window" does this mean i still have time ON the 22nd of feb to buy any tasks i still need? or just until 21/02 23:59?

“The “Upgrade for coupon” item is valid until 11:00 GMT on February 22nd”
or is it perhaps tied to when the coupons become invalid as said here, and thus both things will happen at 11:00 GMT?^

yes just like last events you can buy missed ones up to the final date they state in the event.

this is when the coupon its self expires, if you for some reason forgot to apply the coupon to the vehicle to make it a tradeable coupon the actual “pink upgrade coupon” expires on the 22nd

“up to the final date”? so i have time on the 22nd to buy them? bc on that day is when i get my money

yes, normally they have a “time” on the achievements section for the final cut off when you can buy them, fairly certain its 11am GMT like usual but you would have to double check (not able to as of this moment)

is this what Gaijin wanted, every single event vehicle selling for $70 and upwards? What was wrong with having them sell for $20 so people who could still buy it for a somewhat reasonable amount?

Nothing is accomplished by making an absurd grind even more insane and Gaijin losing money in the process.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they didn’t make any changes willy-nilly, but did an analysis how to maximize profit…