Buff the American M4A3E2 Jumbos APCBC penetration

The American M4A3E2 Jumbos APCBC Shell is severely underpowered and needs a buff at its BR of 5.7-6.0. It is struggling to penetrate a lot of enemy vehicles like the Tiger H1 or E at its BR because of its underpowered shells like the APCBC and its solid shot.

1 Like

They do not “buff” ammo performance or tank stats for balance reasons in this game. You would have to provide proof that the Jumbo actually had better penetration values with its M61 shot and M72 shot in real life than it does in WarThunder.

Apart from that, the Jumbo’s BR is 5.7. The Tiger’s BR is 5.7 - 6.0. For comparison, play the Tigers and try to kill the Jumbo from the front without going for the machine gun port.

21 Likes

Shoot from the correct angle at the correct spots. Tigers have to do the same to deal with Jumbos.

6 Likes

Jumbo is 5.7 now

1 Like

If you don’t enjoy the 75mm gun, consider using M6A1/T1E1. They might have godawful armor, but that double cannon setup with a 76mm and the surprisingly good 37mm goes hard.

1 Like

Gaijin doesn’t even care about that. Penetration calculator takes the paper values and translates it into penetration.

Things like US 90mm AP and British APDS should be able to go through Panthers UFP’s but Penetration calculator says no.

1 Like

They get through it tho. 17 pdr APDS penetrates Panthers UFP

2 Likes

Only at a specific angle and range which afaik is not fully consistent with irl trials. Same for the American AP.

Honestly I really do prefer this simply due to consistency lol

2 Likes

Have you tried playing the Tigers to see how difficult it is to penetrate a Jumbo?

3 Likes

It isn’t difficult ;)

1 Like

Shhh they’ll just donk their shots into the UFP and then ask why are they nonpenning

1 Like

With the upcoming APHE rework we might see if M4A3E2 really needs a “buff” along side with other vehicles,

On 5.7 is quite a good BR, there’s just a few vehicles in higher BRs that can pen the Jumbo without really aiming, and as a Assault Tank it’s a advantage, the mobility is mediocre but comparing the M4A3E2 against a IS-2 or a Jagdtiger,

The worst case scenario is obviously the Tiger II, specially the P due its turret shape.

With the APHE rework I wonder if they’ll make the shrapnel bounce inside the vehicles causing even more damage in compensation to the poor angled penetration power.

images

Alongside with the MG port you can also pen and wound most of the crew and maybe disabling the whole turret by shooting in the ring, but it’s a tricky movement - some times it works, some times not.

People mentions Stalinium but never mentioned the Volumetrium.

4 Likes

Oh, they’re going through with that?

Lol real

1 Like

They didn’t mentioned nothing about a detailed* APHE rework but it’s listed on the Summer 2024 Major:

*In the forums

1 Like

Must have missed that. I feel like I remember them saying it was kinda split between the community, so they didn’t know what to do. Well whatever ig XD

Not to mention that russian 85 can pen frontally jumbo without any issue in the UFP

1 Like

Note that it does depend on voting results.

1 Like

And based on that I heavily doubt it’ll pass.