British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Both jets are identical except FG1 can take off from a carrier.

Exactly, my carrier bias. :)

Why i swapped to it as well, but yeah, we need… more. Like the hawk and later jags but giving the F4s a buff would help too. I dont think they are 11.3 anymore, maybe 11.0 in their current state

I absolutely agree, this would help the Phantoms and Tornados a butt ton, but the main issue I’ve had with the UK Tech Tree is the lack of trueMultiroleAircraft which ALL nations have at a certain degree.

A example of a true Multirole Aircraft is the Chinese F-16A Block 15 or Israeli Kurnass 2000 and the closest thing we’ve got to a Multirole is probably the Harrier GR.7, a Subsonic Aircraft with limited payload.

Exactly, my carrier bias. :)

Yeah I got a slight bias for the F-4 FG.1 as well, I even bought a Talisman for it.

1 Like

Unfortunately that is accurate. Typhoon was the first multirole britain fielded.

You think there would be a chance for a early Eurofighter Typhoon to be added alongside the Gripen next major update?

Do the phantoms count as multirole? I know GJN makes them shit in WT on purpose, but irl it must have been as capable as american phantoms.

They carried AGM-12s I guess but apparently not in War Thunder… So they could technically they could fill in most roles as “Multirole Aircraft”.

Probably not, SHar FA2 is my guess for next aircraft. Maybe Q2 next year is my earliest guess

British Phantoms couldn’t carry AGM-12s. They were planned to at one point, but it got cancelled.

Maybe… depends if dumb bombs count. No guidance means limited value in GRB

Really? Well I guess they wasted money on giving the Radar the capability of carrying them then lol.

1 Like

Since we won’t be getting any British true Multiroles until the later Eurofighter Variants I hope to see the BAe EAP in-game at least to fill in the gaps within the Tech Tree.

1 Like

Apparently someone made a suggestion for it, it was approved, but is not on the forum for some reason.

2 Likes

Youve just summed up the entirity of the british aerospace industry for much of the past few decades

1 Like

Only the Royal Navy used Bullpup (RAF trialled it in the 1950s but never adopted it). And the decision to cut the FAA Phantom fleet down as a result of cutting the number of ships in the fleet that would be capable of operating Phantom, was taken before the plane was even in service.
First flight of a Royal Navy Buccaneer S.2D trials aircraft with Martel-capability to replace Bullpup, was also in the very same month that the first Phantom FG.1 was delivered
Basically, Bullpup capability was considered redundant before the Royal Navy had their hands on Phantom.

FGR.2s weren’t planned to be equipped for Bullpup at all. Potentially the RAF were looking at Martel capability, but it wasn’t funded.

Yep, and then Martel got cancelled on cost grounds.

So could the FG1 theoretically get the same Bullpups that are on the Buc S2 then?

As far as I know Bullpup integration was cancelled

Still could be an interesting bug report. They’ve added things in a similar situation before.