British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

I mean if Gaijin is willing to give the YaK-41 flares (which historically it never had), then surely the F-4 UKs could get the SRAAMs or AGM-12s.

The British Phantoms aren’t unique besides their engines so it would actually bring something of worth to the jets as well at least.

At least the FG1 could get AGM-12s (in theory)

1 Like

I’d assume this includes the Martel AJ-168 but I’m not sure what that “Electronic Pod” is meant to be.

Highly doubt Gaijin would implement any of these missiles (ASRAAMs, AGM-12s or Martels) to the British Phantoms simply because the UK is a non-primary focused nation unlike Germany, USSR or USA (also known as the cash cows of War Thunder)

1 Like

Probably the data link pod for video from the Martel missile.

Is the Jaguar International something that could be added to both British and French tech trees?

@galaxygms @da12thmonkey Here’s the sales brochure description of the optional radar upgrade for Jaguar International:

Click Me

1 Like

I think that, compared to the versions we have, it wouldn’t be relevant. But the one equiped with the radar could be interesting once ground radars are properly implemented together with anti-ship missiles.

So it’s also an A/A radar… Would be useful specially for SB. Thank you!

1 Like

Another angle of that Jag
+

1 Like

Those look like some juicy SRAAMs to me as well, hopefully this could be the Multirole jet the United Kingdom lacks in-game!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s another angle of that other Jaguar sent here before.

Be careful with getting your hopes up. Until the Typhoon. We’ll either have capable fighters with some bombs. Like the Harriers and Phantoms. Or we’ll have ground attackers like the Jaguar or Tornado, that can defend themselves. The harrier Gr7 is probably the best Multi-role we’ve got at the moment in terms of both air to air offence and air to ground offence and unless we get the Gr9 with 9Ms, that is probably not going to radically change until then or the Typhoon

That all being said, SRAAMs (even just fixed and not buffed) would be an interesting alternative to the 9Gs on the Jaguar and maybe the Phantoms and Tornados. Might give them an edge in some situations that they lack currently.

To be fair I don’t even think the Harrier GR.9 will be better than the Harrier GR.7 (for its Battle Rating), I mean yes it will carry better ordinances but it would be fighting Aircrafts like the F-15 or SU-27 which would dunk on it.

We’ll just have to either way for Commonwealth nations or wait for the Eurofighter Typhoon (which would appear in the years to come).

There is always a chance for the BAe EAP or Early Eurofighter Typhoon (with limited ordinances) variants to be added alongside the Gripen next major update.

1 Like

Yeah, prehaps, though 9Ms could be very potent. I suspect though the next to be added to Britian will be the Sea Harrier FA2, as its a Sub-sonic AMRAAM carrier. It should be good, but as a general rule of thumb, britain is not allowed to have vehicles on par with the competition. Both chornology and capabilities, we’ll get that first.

(I also think its why the FRS1 was never finished. They’re working on them together, and so the FRS1 will be finished at the same time the SHar FA2 is added.)

A pre-production Typhoon may be possible sooner rather than later, but by very definition it will have limitations. Such as limited precision air to ground weaponary. Probably only Paveways and not Brimstone. Though earliest I suspect will be Q1/Q2 next year.

As much as I want the Typhoon, any Typhoon, I dont see it happening yet.

Best guess for next aircraft to be added to britain

• Sea Harrier FA2 (12.3) (AMRAAM + maybe 9M, Subsonic, limited missile count)
  • Hawk (around 10.7) (9Ls and maybe BVR, I think its better to cap what it has, so that it can fill the 10.7 void we have currently, maybe other variants with better AAMs/BVRs down the road)
  • Jaguar Gr3A (11.0) (9Ls and better engines)
  • Harrier Gr9 (12.3) (Probably first with Brimstone)
  • Tornado Gr4 (12.7) (Brimstone and 9M)
  • Early Typhoon (13.0)

The Typhoon will be a culmination of tech we dont have yet. 9M, AMRAAM, Brimstone. etc. I think we’ll see them added one at a time and build up to it. Plus they’ll want to milk these top tier jets as much as they can, nothing really to add AFTER the Typhoon. So the longer they drag it out, the better

The United Kingdom Tech Tree doesn’t really need Ground Attackers so I’d hope we get the Hawk 200 or Sea Harrier FA.2 (and Early Typhoons IF possible but I doubt). Due to the UK Tech Tree lacking true Multirole Aircrafts (like I’ve said) the Hawk 200 would probably be the most balanced and best overall Aircraft we could get.

It operated AMRAAMs, Paveways, AIM-9s and ASRAAMs (and more of course)

AN/APG-66 (same found on the F-16A in-game) - Hawk 200 Radar

Yeah, I dont think there is any “true” Multiroles on offer before the Typhoon, but certainly able fighters with ground attack weapons. Unfortunately the RAF was very much in a cold war mind set of “ground attack and leave the enemy fighters to the yanks”. Until the Typhoon.

Hawk, could be good, but I really think we NEED something to replace the FRS1 on the tech tree. so capping it to 10.7, maybe still with some guided bombs would be good. so no ASRAAM or AMRAAM. Probably just 9Ls.

we could get a later version to sit at highter, but not sure if its worth it. (I think we already have too many jets that just overlap with no real benefits currently)

Also a chance the Tornado F3 could get AMRAAM as well. But… I think it wont be at teh same time as everyone else getting them. Maybe the update after.

1 Like

Jaguar International isn’t a common standard. Each operator had different setups. Only Oman and India upgraded their Jaguars to be anything like as capable as British or French Jaguars were by the mid-1990s.
Jaguar ES for Ecuador and Jaguar SN for Nigeria would only offer better engines and over-wing Magics over the French tree’s Jaguar A. No countermeasures, no targeting pod etc. Compared to British Jags they’d just fall between the GR.1 and GR.1A/B. Very little point adding them

Jaguar S(O) for Oman is basically a carbon copy of Jaguar GR.1B (countermeasure dispensers, TIALD capable, FIN 1064 nav/attack system). The only difference is that it equipped over-wing Magics (instead of AIM-9G/Ls on the GR.1A), until they decided to replace them with AIM-9P which they then bizarrely decided should go on the original outboard AAM pylons and seemed to get rid of the over-wing ones. Not worth adding to the British tree (could just give the GR.1A the export missiles). Could have it’s place in the French tree if you can justify an Omani plane that’s pretty much just a British Jaguar being there in addition to Oman having far deeper ties to Britain than France (no Swiss Hunter situation).

Pre-DARIN upgrade Indian Jaguars again wouldn’t be as good because of lack of TGP and countermeasures. Pre-DARIN Jaguar IM with Agave and Sea-Eagle, and Over-wing Magic-Is might be fun as an event vehicle, but lack of countermeasures sucks.
DARIN-I brought a lot of good stuff in that they got countermeasures, a new HUD. And some two-seat variants built in India by HAL had Litening pod.
Since DARIN-II it’s been a far more extensive upgrade and Jaguar IS and IM are more or less domestic variants of Jaguar now, in so far as they hardly resemble the original Jaguar International sold to India. With Israeli help, India replaced the Thompson Agave radar on IM, Ferranti LRMTS on IS and Marconi RWR and countermeasures system. Even Sea Eagle has been replaced with Harpoon. Though they do now equip ASRAAM instead of Magic.

1 Like

GR.4 didn’t carry the 9M. It carried the G/L/Li and ASRAAM.

@Gunjob
I’ve never seen an ALARM on a Jag before

Yeah that’s a first for me too.

1 Like