British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

The 2a4 roof panel has bolts?
Another point that could potentially be more evidence of a leopard turret is that it can be fitted to allied tanks stated here
https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-events/news/2023/02/challenger-3-hits-milestone-ahead-of-schedule/

• a turret that can be fitted to the tanks of allies and global partners
    If ir shared the turret ring it’d be a complete possibility.

The Chally 3 TD roof

Yeh what I’m saying is they both have roof bolts in a similar area

On the blow out Panel. Leo 2 doesn’t have anything there the Chally 3 has

Have you got a close up picture for comparison?

Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion - #1733 by warhead_beast here the conversation, if you scroll up a bit you see more from devil

That’s not clear enough imo, one thing that is clear is the same ready rack size in the leopard 2a7 ans the challenger 3

However… I don’t know what gaijins source is for the ready rack for the challenger 3

Hahaha yeah this is disproven by the fact the inside of the turret has sloped cheeks like challenger

I mean the first one if it’s the P1 could potentially become a challenger 3.
Structural elements of the Challenger 3 are already arriving at RBSL’s Telford factory to build the first prototype vehicle.

Last month, the first so-called citadel for Prototype 1 (P1) arrived, which is the steel structure that forms the basis of the first Challenger 3 turret.

While it will initially be used in the first trial vehicle, contractors will upgrade the P1 citadel itself to form part of a fully operational Challenger 3.

That doesn’t look like a Leo does it? https://youtu.be/l1PX-pdyiTw?si=0DNpiD-g9jSO2UjW
Also source for the Ready rack:

Thing is you don’t see a blast door

. Although externally the new turret looks similar to Challenger 2’s existing one, Rheinmetall has taken an existing Leopard 2 turret and comprehensively re-engineered it.

If you look closer you’ll see that’s a crudely cutout mock up

That’s the point, why would they use a Chally turner if it’s a Leo turret at the bottom

How many rounds can you see that rack can carry?

Because it is a challenger 3 turret… But the base of it was a leopard 2 which have been re-engineered to accept the existing armour packs.

Less than what Gajin modelled

1 Like

Which would be physically impossible since the sloped armor inside and the breach block don’t line up with that at all

How would it not line up when the front section is re-engineered to accept the armour packs.
Like mentioned in this video Here's how Rheinmetall and BAE want to make the Challenger 2 tank more lethal

No, it’s a modified Challenger 2 turret.
Look at the loader’s seat.

The place has just had a clean up, removed the spall liners and checkerplates

Comparing the bulkheads and of the less cluttered interior of the CR2 loader trainer to what RBSL showed in their promo video makes it easier to see the internal geometry on the loader’s side is identical

The production turret will have more in common with a Leo turret by the sounds of it, but that’s a new built turret. Again, not a modified Leopard turret.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I’m only going by the information I’ve seen. Only time will tell what it really it i guess.