British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

@Smin1080p regarding the latest post talking about the Challenger 2 and Abrams and that the developers are looking into fixing them: Should we be expecting a follow up blog or a fix for the most pressing issues before the end of the year, or is this a stretch goal “Whenever the work can be done” kind of situation?

3 Likes

Number 1 thing on the roadmap for me should be to bring all vehicles up to a gold standard with all acknowledged bug reports on the vehicles implemented for all nations. That’ll be the beat Quality of life improvement imo.

3 Likes

I mean some serious changes to BR decompression/reviewing would be cool.
I wish Gaijin would roadmap saying “okay in the next year we aim to do so and so”

I found people were very receptive to the economy change roadmap, and people liked that Gaijin was being open and transparent.

4 Likes

The economy changes for me personally was a huge positive! For me it made the game 75% less stressful to play. The bigger issue it RP rewards tbh. But I’d rather they focus of a QOA update and just bring a ton of popular vehicles up to a current/gold standard by addressing the multi bug reports on them. This would change the gameplay dynamics alone.

2 Likes

I can actually make reasonable SL from normal gameplay, which should be the norm.

4 Likes

Judging by their last set of announcements this is exactly what they aim to do again. I suspect right now they’re just gathering info

Good on them ❤️

4 Likes

One thing I would really like to see as a quality of life change, is that if you have completed a research tree, any RP you gain isn’t just “wasted”. It would be nice if we could use it, or a portion of it, for modification research or something, so that spading vehicles is faster as a reward for completely researching everything in the tree.

If they are doing another roadmap I hope it does have general aims to make the game better for everyone. They really improved the SL economy. IMO it’s the healthiest the game has felt since I started playing 3 years ago. But the RP economy is still lagging in improvements imo.

3 Likes

Allowing people to use x amount of free RP at no cost each update would be nice

1 Like

so a custom loadout of 6x AIM-9M and 4 BOL pods is somehow cheaper than the AIM-9M + BOL preset

1 Like

Just wanted to ask, since it’s not even close to being my normal field of research → Does anyone know why the Challenger 2 has no hull spall liners on the sides of the tank, only on the front UFP?

I heard that it is due to crew wearing kevlar vests, but i think we do not have it because there are not pics that show it clearly

1 Like

Thought as much, it’s a shame too. I think the Kevlar vest excuse kind of blows lol
Surely you’d line the entire hull with this thin but effective armor

Well, someone can try asking MoD under FoI if challenger 2 has spall linder running along its side

no proof, ive tried very hard to find footage or images

1 Like

its very very likely, just no proof

1 Like

wait they are using ppe inside the tank that means musst be less armoured

i’m sorry but this logic is beyond me

1 Like

Appreciate your efforts as always, man

1 Like

You think im happy with that explanation.

1 Like

VERY surprised to come back to ground, and find the Challenger 2 is actually quite survivable now. Really not bad with the spall liner

1 Like