British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

They dropped the AS.30 before the first prototype unfortunately. They could only be carried subsonic and required too much development work.

According to accounts provided to me by @FlyingOstridge, the BK-27 was mounted instead of the left hand side ADEN cannon

I suppose that if the TSR.2 is suggested that it can still count, as many vehicles have received both planned and tested armament in game

1 Like

It replaced either both or just the left hand side gun (I’m not too sure). Allegedly this is a photo of the fitting which I took from This post from 8 years ago on Brit modeller

1 Like

Great find
Can still be seen without the uuuuge photobucket watermark if you follow clicking the image in the britmodeller thread to view on photobucket directly

mauser

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ve all seen this

Looks like APHE is going to go from “Nuke APHE” to “AP but a bit better”

This should level the playing field a bit and comparitively make Britain low/mid tier quite a bit better

10 Likes

Just like real life…

It wasn’t even planned they carried out small scale wind tunnel tests and dropped them due to the limitations

Well it looks like I was wrong. the “no” vote is now winning

Looks like APHE is going to be buffed even more. It’s going to get the cone modelled as staying intact allowing it to penetrate secondary armour.

That removes the only advantage AP had, great change Gaijin

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

While I may not be able to read Russian I’m just going to assume it says in short “We Believe…”

5 Likes

Developers answer:

Does not require changes, by analogy with the fact that we round some values, for example, the AIM-9J also has 20, not 22

5 Likes

LMAO
9M39 is 10.2G 9M311 is 32G
why don’t gaijin round them?

5 Likes

Dont ask me, ask gaijin.

6 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Because as Smin as said, the dev team that works on ground is different than the team that works on air. So doing whataboutism in regards to an air to air missile while using ground to air missiles as your examples doesn’t work.

Before you say Russian bias, R-60 was allegedly supposed to be 33G as well, but rounded down to 30G.

7 Likes

I know it’s not technically British but seeing as we have SA as a subtree… there’s speculation that the SuperHind/NightHawk might be coming in the major update, do we have any detailed information on the differences between the marks and general capabilities?

I know it’s not technically British but… woa deja vu. Anyways, Gripen getting it’s HMD corrected in the update!

5 Likes