British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Yeah, ive stuck with the Sea Harrier and tornado Gr1 of late, even though we have the Gripen because im just not finding it fun currently. Maybe in March when Im guessing they’ll fix/finish the radars and give the Gripen C and Gripen C cockpit and not the Gripen As cockpit like it has now

(Providing we dont get the FA2)

1 Like

FA2 would be nice. Be fun to have a harrier that isn’t blind.

Yeah it will, FRS1 overhaul was nice (though I still really want it finished) but the radar in that can be a pain at times

Didn’t see anything regarding them touching up the sea harrier, can you link anything related to it? I’m sure it exists, just haven’t seen it. Oh and also with the BOL changes, Gripen isn’t exactly safe at present, if an R24 can hit a harrier through CMs it is likely to hit a gripen through them.

While I do think the idea that minor nations have generally better players the has so many qualities that makes it easy to use, such as being near impossible to kill with performance + CM count, that also makes it the perfect carry plane. Normally I wouldn’t post stats but I think this is a good way of showing how dumb this plane is, considering there are many players better than I, and this plane gave me better stats than even OP props where missiles are not a factor.

When they replaced the Gr1/Gr3 cockpit with its own and replaced the F-5E radar with its own.

Just needs its proper HUD now. Still got a placeholder

1 Like

Doen’t really work pulling stats up without the other side to compare to, and in my experience you can just HMD launch a 9m and pull away and the yanks don’t flare it. Other team incompetency is just as big a part of the plane performing well as personal skill.

Plane’s not bad, never said it was, but the performance is worse than it should be (both flight model and weaponry) and with the state of the F15’s ahistorical buffs, the Gripen should at least be closer to reality than the fiction they’ve given us. As loathe as I am to say a russian thing needs a buff, same applies to the flanker.

Cheers.

Oh thats another issue with the Gripen in SB. Yes it has HMD, but the reticle is the same as it is for the third person and its WAY too big. I actually find it more of a hinderance at times than an asset. Until it gets its own HMD interface, they really need to scale that reticle down by 50% in SB. Really annoying

Forgot that was an issue, haven’t touched Gripen since it fucked me with the IFF. Probably should put in a report/suggestion/idk about that.

I was gunna leave it until the aircraft gets finished. Probably be fixed if/when the Gripen C goes from the A cockpit to the C cockpit. the whole of th gripen felt like it was rushed a bit

Mention Gripen and Apollo appears.

1 Like

We said Gripen 3 times in a row :P

1 Like

For whatever its performance is. I think we should be very careful nerfing it for ‘balance reasons’ when the meta is gonna change in a few updates anyways with Eurofighter and Rafale, we don’t want a ‘gimped’ Gripen when they arrive, and there’s always going to be a meta fighter jet. Currently I think its FM is as accurate as it gets with the current available information, most of it is classified. Unless SAAB releases more documents this year which I seriously doubt lol, there should not be further changes.

It’s at 12.7 now, let it be a 12.7 jet.

With that said I’m very surprised at how many other jets entered 12.7, Gaijin even admitted themselves Gripen was one of the only jets that make sense at 12.7.
I still appreciate it for decompression reasons, but it’s a bit odd.

3 Likes

Eh, if you look at the engine presently, it is a bit fucked. And the turn performance is utterly stupid comparing it to the 16 that it is meant to be comparable to. Unless they’ve changed that in a shadow update.

Not talking standing thrust btw, but when at altitude and/or speed, output is pretty lacking compared to what we should expect.

Gripen C cockpit is also strange, I just straight up think they didn’t bother modelling it. It wasn’t even ready altogether until after the dev server and even then it was just a straight up copy-paste of Gripen A.

I think it performing better than other 12.3s can be purely chalked up to Britain and Sweden players having such a big handicap for so long. But the main reason for all 12.3s moving to 12.7 (except the F-15s because US) is becuse of them fighting the 11.3s. It may yet move to 13.0. But I doubt it at this point. I think its fine at 12.7. BRs are a range not an absolute. At any BR you will have those that are stronger and those that are weaker. Doesnt mean they arent hte same BR worthy

1 Like

yeah, it looks like they just modeled the A and then just changed the name for Britain. Kinda sucks actually. I reckon an actual C will come for Britain when Sweden gets the C.

But I still peg it at about 50/50 if Gripen C for Britian will get AMRAAM

Well, fwiw It seems pretty accurate to all the acceleration times IRL, so either we have this thrust, or we get more thrust and they’ll just add more drag to get the same result…

I’m a bit forgiving with Gaijin with that kinda stuff since this is all in code, their drag and aerodynamics factors are probably not 100% accurate to an IRL aerodynamic simulator, so I understand them having some lee-way as long as it’s performance is close to irl

It really depends on how much emphasis Gaijin plan for the Gripen to have on the UK tech tree - is it just a filler for a few months until Eurofighter? or will it legitimately be a timeless TT addition…

It it is the latter then sure it will get upgrades, but if it’s just a filler, I think they’ll treat it like early versions of other top tier jets we have and kinda let the ‘newer’ jets have the fresh missiles