British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

That does sound like something they would do. Storm shadows been kicking ass in Ukraine

Interesting mention for the usage of 9Ls as anti ship missiles

1 Like

I’ve done a corresponding report for the BOL chaff packet: Community Bug Reporting System

9 Likes

Just got smacked by an r24t through dropping a lot of countermeasures with harrier. When you said the pods were nerfed, didn’t think that nerfed. Second favourite aircraft, now even more of a headache in uptier.

Ah damn, and now the Harrier Gr7 is 11.7 in SB up from 11.0. This really isnt going to be fun

Yeah it was fun in sim, not the most effective but fun. Now it is just not going to be worth touching which sucks.

Its going up against few other 11.7s. So mostly 11.3s .So its probably not going to be too bad. but the lack of radar has always made that aircraft a bit of a chore. Kinda wish it got a T-Pod upgrade. even just TIALD 500.

Or any of the functionalities it had in reality. MAWS, whatever the work around the brits were fucking around with to find things other than a radar (Can’t remember the details, not entirely sure where I read about it either, but seemed helpful if it did exxist). Harrier is my favourite plane other than Gripen, but it has always been a bit shafted.

1 Like

That bad the nerf

Yet to go into another match to see if it’s consistently that bad, but I was pulling and throwing out cms when the 24 hit me so seems like it.

so one needs to test it see how bad they are

Yeah MAWS would be a game changer for the Gr7. Still annoyed that it still hasnt come yet.

Yeah, I like the Harrier too. Looking forward to the Sea Harrier FA2 but I fear the state it will be in

Don’t really have any mates at toptier who can help me test it, so going to need to have someone else tag in for that.

That’s my worry as well. I really would like the sea harrier, probably become my most played aircraft, but somehow doubt its going to be any good with how they treat minor nation aircraft compared to major.

well only if some one had the Gr7 and Gripen and can test using russian missiles

Spoiler

me

I’ve the Gripen and Gr7, and Russian missiles, so want me to ping an inv?

same as well can do

Are you using full mass of 26mm catridge?

So yeah. R24Ts will be flared off with reinforced if you throw out a few of them, but with mixed 24T tracks harrier pretty well, seems more good luck that you don’t get hit by it than anything else, as it resumed tracking harrier after being slightly distracted by the mixed CMs.

So in short, harrier’s either fucked by SARHs, or fucked by IRs.

I wonder if the BOL nerf was mainly a balancing decision to nerf the Gripen considering there was no known report about this change.

3 Likes